• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower Vs Male Consultant

In summary, Carol does cooking shows for men and she thinks that the groom might be more comfortable with a male consultant. She has some great ideas for shows that would target the male market and she also mentions that she is getting nowhere with the wedding registry.
casescafe
I know the bridal business can be big... however, as a "male" consultant, I'm not quite sure how to go about capitalizing on some of the business that's out there.

My wife works with me at our cooking shows (helping with the set up, processing the orders in PP+ and so on) and I'm sure she's comfortable in a bridal shower setting. I've never had the opportunity to attend a wedding/bridal shower, I've always thought a male presence was taboo at them.

Any suggestions how to get over this bump in the road? What theme(s) do you use for the show? Do you handle them like a cooking show?

Help me... PLEASE!

You have been doing cooking shows - how do you book those? Why would hosts want a male consultant? What makes your shows work?

Use answers to those questions work for this too. Use humor to your advantage.

Your wife is with you so tell potential bridal shower hosts/brides that this is their last chance to have another man pamper them and I bet your wife will react in a way that would make them laugh. Have fun with it all and you'll be having more bridal shows than you can imagine.

As far as my show: I do showers differently in that I make it mostly about the bride. In a nutshell: This is the only type show that I do a game with and I mostly explain how the shopping will work and I go over the bride's wishlist (not every item) and ask the guests what else she should have on it. I either finish the garnish on a recipe or just explain what we made.

Grooms ShowerWhy don't you attack this from the "Grooms" point of view :confused: ?

There are so many men in the kitchen now a days that I think you might be able to tap into your pot of gold. I can so see you at a bridal show say in a tux with a Pampered "Groom" appron on :chef: (you'd have to design your own), Can you just imagine how many people would flock to your booth? I mean what women doesn't like a man in the kitchen :love:

I've done a few couples showers and even ones grooms shower.

You could even highlight some of the products from a guys view, the party sticks with beer cans, the easy opener for the beer can, flexible funnels for oil changes or car fluids or the baster (yes, in my garage, hubby loves them) metal whisks or mix n chop or masher to thin lumpy gravy (or the gravy separator) from the new brides gravy, the meat tenderizer could have so many guy type uses, and of course the knives..... I have even sold decorator bottle set for body painting.

Anyway, just an idea.....

Carol

Last edited:
I'm female and can't get any booking or registries other than the one I did for friend. I think we all have that problem! Or at least I know I do, ha!

cwinter474 said:
Why don't you attack this from the "Grooms" point of view :confused: ?

There are so many men in the kitchen now a days that I think you might be able to tap into your pot of gold. I can so see you at a bridal show say in a tux with a Pampered "Groom" appron on :chef: (you'd have to design your own), Can you just imagine how many people would flock to your booth? I mean what women doesn't like a man in the kitchen :love:

I've done a few couples showers and even ones grooms shower.

You could even highlight some of the products from a guys view, the party sticks with beer cans, the easy opener for the beer can, flexible funnels for oil changes or car fluids or the baster (yes, in my garage, hubby loves them) metal whisks or mix n chop or masher to then lumpy gravy (or the gravy separator) from the new brides gravy, the meat tenderizer could have so many guy type uses, and of course the knives..... I have even sold decorator bottle set for body painting.

Anyway, just an idea.....

Carol
These are GREAT ideas! :sing:

I really think this might be a untapped market. With all the male chefs :chef: out there now a days.

I'm thinking that maybe the groom would be more comfortable with a male consultant. You never know...

invitesWish PC would make a invite simular to the picture on pg 37 of the catalog. More of a couples type instead of the bridal....

I would do a Couples Shower or Grooms Shower. But I agree with others, I am also getting nowhere with the wedding registry. I mention it at every show too.

I think a guy that they don't know would be more fun than anything. A lot of people have guys around too now. Not always right there, but in a different room. I think you just have to be fun about it. That's what they want regardless!

OH, Can't believe I forgot this one....

The Food Chopper, everytime I had men at my shows I always talk about the chopper being a great PMS stress reliever, or a mood detector, you know the smaller the nuts (or whatever) is chopped the worse the mood..

Great Suggestions!

One of the humorous themes I had thought of was "Husband Training-101" with the emphasis being placed on the man's need to have "Cool Tools & Great Gadgets" and how to use them.

I like the couples show idea... sounds like the perfect opportunity to implement HT-101.

Any other suggestions???

Omg - Fantastic Idea"HUSBAND TRAINING - 101"

:love: LOVE THIS, I'm stealing this one..... Now if only one of the great flyer makers out in Chefsuccess land could make some sort of flyer....

The Kitchen GuyI can't believe The Kitchen Guy hasn't chimmed in on this one :sing:

Yeah, yeah, I know. Someone has to call me when you start this kinda fight.
fighting0061.gif
I've done two bridal "shows" and they were both special situations. I agree that going after the groom is a great idea - except you're going to have to go through the bride to get there. Guys, no matter what they tell you, once you put the diamond on her finger, the whole thing is taken out of your hands. It doesn't matter what they say, it's the bride's day and your main task is to show up. That said, if the groom is going to be participating in the kitchen, it's up to him to say so_Oh, BTW, there is no reason you have to be at the physical party - if you do it right, you'll have everything sewn up before it happens.:)

How about the Man-pered Chef Show....;)
Deb

Attachments

• Manpered chef show Invite.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 419

What is the difference between a bridal shower and a male consultant?

A bridal shower is a pre-wedding celebration typically organized by the bride's female friends and family members. It is a time to shower the bride with gifts and well wishes for her upcoming marriage. A male consultant, on the other hand, refers to a male representative from Pampered Chef who can provide cooking demonstrations and product information for bridal showers or other events.

Can a male consultant host a bridal shower?

Yes, a male consultant can certainly host a bridal shower. In fact, having a male consultant can provide a unique and fun twist to the event. They can offer cooking tips and demonstrations that cater to the bride's interests and preferences.

Are there specific products or recipes that are recommended for a bridal shower?

While there are no specific products or recipes that are recommended for a bridal shower, our male consultants can help you choose products and recipes that align with the theme of the shower or the bride's interests. They can also provide tips on how to incorporate Pampered Chef products into the event.

How far in advance should I book a male consultant for a bridal shower?

It is recommended to book a male consultant for a bridal shower at least 4-6 weeks in advance. This will allow enough time for the consultant to prepare for the event and for any necessary arrangements to be made.

Can a male consultant provide gift registry services for a bridal shower?

Yes, a male consultant can provide gift registry services for a bridal shower. Guests can purchase items from the bride's Pampered Chef registry and the consultant will handle the ordering and delivery process. This is a convenient and hassle-free option for both the guests and the bride.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• purpleluvs3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Kelly3282
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vgmontes
  • ldynred7