• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Business: Tips for Inactive Consultants

In summary, the author is inactive and has been for a year. A close family friend convinced the author to sign up with her as a consultant, and then the director of the consultant's previous company lost her position and the author was the only new consultant. The director was not supportive or motivating, and the author lost her directorship before the author signed. Recently, the author had two eye-opening experiences that made her realize she needs to get started with her business again. The author loves PC, but is afraid of public speaking. The author would like some advice on ways to get started.
chefbritt
Okay, so I’m not quite sure if this post is going to turn into venting or asking for advice or what I’m looking for, but here goes. As of right now I am currently inactive. I joined PC one year ago. A close family friend signed on, who was only 21 at the time, and seemed to be having so much fun with it. Seeing her made me think of PC as something I could do. I didn’t think of a young college student as the typical PC consultant, but realized it was possible. So my friend gave me all of the recruiting info, took me to observe one of her own first shows, and did a really great job recruiting me. When it came time to sign on, she told me that her and her director, who I knew from previous shows, had talked it over and decided I should sign under the director to help keep her from losing her directorship. So knowing nothing about the way recruiting or any of that works, I did. Well it turns out that her director is not exactly the supportive or motivating type. She did lose her directorship, right before I signed, so she lost all her consultants, and I was her first new one. She was not on speaking terms with her own director, also my current director, and tried to convince me that I shouldn’t be either. Because of their whole situation, my director and I were both hesitant, and never ended up contacting until recently. I must say, she’s wonderful. But I feel so embarrassed at being inactive and at the way I’ve worked my business that I sort of dread her calls or e-mails. I never had many bookings to start, and didn’t generate them from the few shows I did, so I got frustrated and burnt out easily. I still haven’t done a real cooking show. I’ve had mostly catty shows, and three cooking shows, but all three shows had a max of 3 people in attendance, and I didn’t do a demo. I have a major fear of public speaking, and am so nervous at the thought of doing a real demo that I talk myself out of pursuing bookings. For example, a few months ago, my former manager mentioned wanting to book a show, but I never followed up. My reasoning was that he was a former consultant himself, and went to culinary school, and I was afraid he would think I was awful. I’ve had two eye opening experiences over the last few days that have made me realize I was being foolish and I need to start working my business again. I love PC, I’m in need of the extra income and flexible hours, it fits my life well, and the products really sell themselves they’re so great. I want to do it. I guess I just need a kick in the butt to get me going. And some good ideas on how, since I have very few former customers and hosts or leads to work with. Wow, it took me a long time to say all that. To those of you still reading, thanks, and I apologize for my wordiness. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I guess paragraphs would have made that easier to read, huh? Sorry about that!

Give yourself a break. You are starting new, right now. Practice your show for some friends after you have practiced the recipes and talking to yourself at home. You can do this. Everyone here on CS will help you whenever you need it. Follow up with your former manager and apologize for not following up sooner. If you know him well enough tell him the real reason and explain that you really want to get going with this business. Talk to your dirctor and tell her the same thing you've shared with us. Don't fault yourself, just move forward. You can do it!

Contact your director, and tell her exactly what you have just told us. Are you close enough to attend Cluster Meetings? If so, than find out when the next one is - AND GO! The best encouragement, motivation, and kick in the butt you can get will come from attending Cluster Meetings!!!

Tell your director what kind of support you need, and if its possible, go with her and observe one of her shows.

Then do what JAE suggests, and practice, practice, practice!!! When you do a show, let people know it's your first, second, third whatever demo - and that you are still learning!
You can do this! But don't do it alone! I love the phrase "we are in business for ourselves, but not by ourselves!" And I am sure that your director would love to help you!

I agree with JAE, give yourself a break. Remember that director started at the same place as you. Also many director have gone through phases and keeping bookings and shows going is work and if anyone has had life happen, there will be ups and downs. I don't know your director but am hoping that she/he will respond by providing support.

I think your manager who used to be a consultant would be a perfect person to provide advice and possibly help. Follow up with him and see if he might still be interested in doing a show. You know he may be thinking that you didn't ask him because it was something about him and not realize you were nervous. Explain it to him and I am thinking he might say Let's do a show and I will help you along the way.

If you are nervous about doing a show, there are several things you could do:
- practice at home (talk through a recipe as you make it)
- get a Cooking Show live CD or DVD (if you can't order one, I am sure there is someone you could borrow one from)
- the key is to remember that you are not "selling" the products but talking about the benefits of each products. The different uses will sell many products
- remember that your guests at shows who have products are more than willing to talk about why they love a product and they will help you sell the product without even knowing it.
- Ask for guests to do certain parts of the recipe while you talk. It is easier to concentrate.

Good luck and I am sure you will get tons of advice from others.

Kim

<kick!> there's your kick in the rear.

That's the beauty of this business. You can mess up, and just start over. Think of it just like that - you're starting new, need to get bookings, and need training. You're here, so that's a start on ideas and training. But we won't replace your cluster. You Director has a vested interest in seeing you succeed. Go to her.

You'll do great! We all have months when we get a little down. Yours was just a little down-er than most. :)

I'm sure you can make this work. Go back to your list of 100. Talk with you director. Contact everyone. You'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

I totally understand where you are coming from ... I have had a hard time keeping my business going. I have had many months where I had to scrounge (not sure on the spelling LOL) for anyone to buy SOMETHING just so I could stay active. I'm very leary about going OUT to get bookings and dont do well getting them at shows. I MAYBE have 1 booking maybe every other show. But I have found the ideas on here to be VERY helpful and if your new director could help you that would be great. Also, try the training classes online, they are really great and will help get your motivation back. I would definately talk to that guy, your old manager. He could give you ideas and even help with how to make a show less stressful and help you with HIS show. Since he used to be into culinary things, maybe he knows alot of other people that would be interested in booking thru you or maybe even becoming a consultant! Good luck with everything!

If you are nervous about public speaking type out EXACTLY what you want to say... like a college paper... then practice it while preparing your recipes. Then you can condense your paper into outlines and note cards. But practice, practice, practice and it has helped me to tell the guests that I'm still new and I'm going to "cheat" and use my notes... helps keep me on track!
You can do this!

I think I may understand how you feel, but look at it this way about your manager friend.......he USED to be a consultant, and he WENT to culinary school. SO? Maybe he signed up got the kit, and NEVER did a show, maybe he went to culinary school but can't even make a grilled cheese sandwich. ;) I've known lots of people who "used to do that" or "went to school for", but guess what? They found out that was NOT their talent or their calling and gave it up for something else. Don't be intimidated by that (easier said than done I know), but even if he is a world class chef EVERYONE needs to keep learning new things, and maybe your way of presenting something will be new and fresh and get him excited.......

Ok, enough about him. You know what you need to do as everyone else has already told you, contact your director, get on the phone and book shows, and take as much training as you can stand, and practice practice practice, and HAVE FUN!!:D :D You'll do great I'm sure!

1. How can I boost my Pampered Chef business if I have been inactive for a while?

There are a few key tips to help you get your Pampered Chef business back on track if you have been inactive. First, reach out to your previous customers and let them know you are back in business. Offer them a special discount or incentive to encourage them to place an order. Next, utilize social media to showcase new products and promotions. You can also consider hosting a virtual party to reach a larger audience. Lastly, attend local events and markets to network and spread the word about your business.

2. I am struggling to find new customers for my Pampered Chef business. What can I do?

One of the best ways to find new customers for your Pampered Chef business is to leverage your existing network. Ask friends and family to host a party or share your business with their contacts. You can also join online communities or groups related to cooking and home products, and share your business there. Additionally, consider offering a referral program where current customers can earn discounts or free products for referring new customers.

3. How often should I be posting on social media to promote my Pampered Chef business?

Consistency is key when it comes to social media promotion for your Pampered Chef business. Aim to post at least 3-5 times a week on different platforms. This can include showcasing products, sharing recipes, or hosting live cooking demonstrations. Make sure to also engage with your followers by responding to comments and messages.

4. I am interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, but I am unsure of where to start. What should I do?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, the first step is to find a sponsor who can guide you through the process. This can be someone you know who is already a consultant, or you can reach out to the Pampered Chef website to connect with a local consultant. They will provide you with all the necessary information and resources to get started.

5. How can I make my Pampered Chef business stand out among other direct sales companies?

One way to make your Pampered Chef business stand out is to focus on the unique qualities of the products. Pampered Chef offers high-quality, innovative kitchen tools and products that can save time and make cooking easier. Highlight these features in your promotions and emphasize the benefits of using Pampered Chef products. You can also offer personalized customer service and follow-up to make your customers feel valued and stand out from other companies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
accooks13
Replies
Views
pcchefjane