• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: Tried and Tested Cold Booking Script for Low Seasons

You lead them into your home and present them with your catalog and handouts. You may also want to offer them a glass of your favorite beverage - I like to offer watermelon juice! You then take a few minutes to answer any questions they may have. You then ask them if they would be interested in being a neighborhood host for future PC events. You then give them your card and invite them to call you if they have any other questions. The average person says "no" about 3 times before agreeing to be a host... :-( but it's a fun way to make some extra money, meet new people, and get some exercise!
lterman
Does anyone have one of these or have you ever done this when bookings were low? Did it work?

Do you mean like cold calling people you don't know to book with you? IF so, I've done it and have had some success. All I do is introduce myself and my business and see how interested they are in hosting a show. I add a little incentive of some sort -- maybe a free pack of twixits or an extra $10 in free stuff.
Actually, I probably need to get on the phone and do this, seeing as how my calendar is not where I want it to be....

YA that's what I mean. I'd like to do some catalog shows. How many bookings did you get?

I've gotten a few doing this. On average I can get about 3-5 bookings out of about 25-30 calls. Holidays may be a good time to try it out though.One thing I'm always sure to do, is when I'm doing a catalog show or a cooking show, I make sure that I have EVERYONE's contact information on the order form. This way I have people to call when I decide to do my cold calls. This way, they're already familiar with the concept. If they say no, I ask for referrals ( just like the rainbow vacuum people do.)
As far as calling people from the phone book, I try to steer clear of it since the ntnl DO NOT CALL list is out.

I hope this helps.

I have plenty of forms with peoples name on it....NO ONE wants to do a show...No one....

http://www.southsachamber.org/pages/events/events.aspSouth Chamber Events
Click Here to view Sponsors for South Chamber Events.Mixer
2007 South Chamber Membership Drive ****tail Party
Monday | November 5, 2007 | 5:00:00 PM - 6:30:00 PM
Sunset Station

oopps ---anyway I have made good connections with other business men-women offer gifts etc...Lunch partys---ETC....not sure if this is close enough to you---anything like this for New Blood----It will all happen together---I will look for a script----Hope this helps---:)

Do you call people out of the phone book?

Sometimes when I've called someone about PC, and I get an answering machine that sounds like I got the wrong number, I leave a message anyway, with my phone number..and always hope that person will call me back...
They never do... :-(

Something that is similar, gets you some exercise, and builds a booking or two - is going door to door.

The idea came to me from Christie Northrup, the Lemonade Lady:

Go to a neighborhood where you'd like to do a show - perhaps an established neighborhood, perhaps a new neighborhood, perhaps your neighborhood. Wear your PC attire - maybe even your apron. Bring with you simple handouts and maybe a mini catalog, maybe some door hangers to leave if no one is home. Remember it is a numbers game - you will need to contact 25-30live people and you will find one or two hosts. I have done this twice when weather was nice, and gotten a show both times. Remember it is a numbers game - maybe play the "collecting No's" game with yourself for fun. Be positive and you will get bookings, sales, customers, and maybe even recruits.

Keep in mind the words of Cindy Langford: Some will say Yes. Some will say No. Oh, well. Who is next?

As you approach each home, expect there to be no one home, and be pleasantly surprised when someone comes to the door.

As someone comes to the door, expect them to turn you away, and be pleasantly surprised when they listen to you. NOW: Make them feel important; remember Mary Kay Ashe's seven last words... M M F L I S S... Make Me Feel Like I'm Someone Special! Be yourself, and offer the following script!

"Hi! I am *First Lastly*, a Pampered Chef consultant for this neighborhood. I am giving a cooking demonstration in the next few weeks, and I was wondering if you would like to attend.?"

Most people are genuinely surprised. Their response dictates your next actions....
--------------------- best possible outcome -----------------------
Them: "I LOVE The Pampered Chef!"
You: "Great! Are you currently working with another consultant?"

IF YES - you say: "That's terrific! Have them tell you about the great specials we are offering right now on Simple Additions / Trifle Bowl / etc..."

IF NO - "I would love to Pamper you and your friends! Would you like to receive free Pampered Chef items and earn a discount good for a year by being my neighborhood host? I already have this list of your neighbors who want to attend - we have got guests, we just need a date and a recipe!"

If YES - book it!

If NO - add her name to the list and move on.

--------------------- pretty good outcome ----------------------------
Them: Really? What is The Pampered Chef? I've never heard of it!

You: "Pampered Chef" is a company that pampers home cooks by providing the finest cooking tools, cookbooks and a handful of pantry items - on the market.
(now hand them a mini catalog or Past catalog if you have one, with your info on it. Possibly hand them the "What Is The Pampered Chef" flyer (change info to you)
Would you like to attend a cooking demonstration show nearby sometime in the next few weeks and see our tools in action? Guests get to taste a recipe I make at each show.

Them: Sure

Give the clipboard with the signups. Get at least their first name and either phone or email. Then you take the clipboard and write the house # and street name.
----------------------- worst outcome -------------------------------
Them: No thank you.

You: OK - please feel free to contact me if you come across anyone who wants to work for a fantastic multinational company, and make some additional income - my contact information is on the bottom of this flyer. I pay a finders fee for qualified recruits. (hand them the What is TPC flyer). Have a good morning / day / afternoon / evening!

------------ and remember... ------------------------

Even if the worst outcome happens - what have you lost? (some calories! :) )

PS - don't go to a neighborhood right after they've been alerted there is a convicted sex offender living nearby (lesson learned...)

God Bless You - Take Care.

-praying for Paige and her family-

Attachments

• W h a t i s t h e P a m p e r e d C h e f.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Show Guest leads Door to Door.doc
    26 KB · Views: 493
What a great idea. Thanks for all the step by step info!

MORFIA said:
http://www.southsachamber.org/pages/events/events.asp

South Chamber Events
Click Here to view Sponsors for South Chamber Events.

Mixer
2007 South Chamber Membership Drive ****tail Party
Monday | November 5, 2007 | 5:00:00 PM - 6:30:00 PM
Sunset Station

Ok maybe a stupid question but how do you find all of these??? How do you find out about booths or fairs or expos, etc...

Thanks for the info Scott!

lyzette

Last edited:
google your area business meeting or chamber of commerce events---GO GET EM-----[email protected]

MORFIA said:
google your area business meeting or chamber of commerce events---

GO GET EM-----

[email protected]

Does anyone belong to their area Chamber of Commerce?

You also need to check your local paper. Several schools in our area are doing craft fairs and charging as little as $25 for a table. Imagine, even 1 booking from that is great. You can take orders and sell items on hand too. Have a coupon or a "Special" for hosts only.

Denarella said:

I requested the info - - you do get yourself/business listed in their phone book and receive benefits and discounts. I don't remember why I chose not to join? Could have been timing? Might check it out too. I even think they had group insurance for members (or some sort of deal - could have been like we have through PC. I don't remember).

I'd love to, but it's a minimum $500 to join. Some smaller nearby suburbs aren't much better, minimum of $300.

edit - oops, I'ts $355 to join, extra for directory listings. Still out of my price range.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread for easier reference ...

You need to check with your town about needing a permit to go door to door.
Some towns require them.

Ann R.

I'm joining the chamber in my area in February. In March they send out applications for our town's big fair (July). They give first priority to members. They also send out monthly newsletters to members (free advertisement).

Related to Boost Your Bookings: Tried and Tested Cold Booking Script for Low Seasons

1. How can I use the cold booking script to increase my bookings during low seasons?

The cold booking script is designed to help you reach out to potential customers during slow times and encourage them to book a party. By following the script and using the tips provided, you can effectively communicate the benefits of hosting a party during low seasons and increase your bookings.

2. Can I customize the cold booking script to fit my personal style?

Yes, the script is meant to serve as a guide and can be customized to fit your personal style. You can add your own personal touch and tailor the script to your target audience to make it more effective.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when using the cold booking script?

Some common mistakes to avoid when using the cold booking script include sounding too pushy or sales-oriented, not addressing the potential customer's needs and concerns, and not following up after the initial contact. It's important to come across as genuine and helpful rather than pushy and sales-focused.

4. How many times should I follow up with a potential customer after using the cold booking script?

It's recommended to follow up at least three times with a potential customer after using the cold booking script. The first follow-up should be within a week of the initial contact, the second follow-up should be two weeks after the first, and the third follow-up should be three weeks after the second. It's important to not be too persistent, but also not to give up too easily.

5. Can the cold booking script be used for both in-person and virtual parties?

Yes, the script can be used for both in-person and virtual parties. You can tailor the script to fit the type of party you are promoting and make adjustments as needed for the different formats. The key is to effectively communicate the benefits and incentives of hosting a party during low seasons to potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jgdpamperedchefbiz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • soinlove808
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies