• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings with Fun Drawings and Recruiting Tips - Get Inspired!

lol, it's not too bad.I've never sent out invitations for my shows, even for free shows because I just didn't think of it. I just did my first one this past week for a show that's on the 15th. She had about 38 names, so we'll see how it goes. I have another show in November that someone won as part of a raffle prize, so I'll send out those invites too.
angelkatey
Someone told me of a drawing they took part in at a show where there were envelopes in a basket and they had the option to draw or not to draw one of them. They contained slips of paper that had "10% off order", "free shipping", "free Season's Best cookbook" and "free cooking show". Has anyone done this and if so, how well was it received? Looking for any and all ideas to help with bookings. Also any really good suggestions for recruiting???? Thanks!

This is the Book To Look thing people were raving over a while ago. If the guest draws the envelope (or opens the easter egg or small box/bag, whatever) then they agree to book a show. Their reward for booking is what is inside the envelope/egg/bag/box. They receive that reward once they've booked their show & the consultant adds it to their order so it's cheaper.you could do the same idea for recruiting.. put an opportunity brochure, and a few other things into an envelope, plus a reward for signing (and qualifying).. like the "try me" saute pan or a small pack of catalogs or something.to distinguish the two, you could put "BOOK TO LOOK" and "SIGN TO SEE" or something like that on the respective envelopes/bags.Everyone has been raving about the great results they have with this. I tried to search for book to look but it wouldn't work for me. Anyway, good luck with it! If I had some shows to use this at, I would definately do it.. but I'm still trying to get shows on my calendar. I gotta conquer that first!

does this work at shows?????

search for threads containing book to look and you will find all the ideas and feedback your need!

I've never done this myself, but I've attended a party for another company where the consultant did this. Personally, I don't like it. It feels too much like pressure to host a show. Friends have told me the same thing. One of the things they like about Pampered Chef is the lack of pressure to book a show. Now, I have to say, this was one where, if you drew "Schedule a show," you were told you HAD to schedule a show. I suppose if it was done differently, my friends and I would have felt less pressured.

If it's optional to draw, then there should be no pressure. They can choose an envelope or not... it's their choice...

This did not work for me at the shows I tried it at but I will tell you what has and continues to work for me. I offer a free show to everyone. That is my thank you to my hosts. I used to do the coupons or the free stuff but that didn't work as well. Now I tell people that all they have to do is give me a list of names and a place to have it and I will do the rest. It must work as I have 18 in September, 1 in October and 1 in November already booked and still have people to contact.

What a schedule for September Melissa! That is awesome!

dollfangs said:
This did not work for me at the shows I tried it at but I will tell you what has and continues to work for me. I offer a free show to everyone. That is my thank you to my hosts. I used to do the coupons or the free stuff but that didn't work as well. Now I tell people that all they have to do is give me a list of names and a place to have it and I will do the rest. It must work as I have 18 in September, 1 in October and 1 in November already booked and still have people to contact.
Wow that's great!! What recipe do you tend to choose so you're not out TONS of money buying the ingredients?? This does certainly seem to work for you!

I've never sent out invitations for my shows, even for free shows because I just didn't think of it. I just did my first one this past week for a show that's on the 15th. She had about 38 names, so we'll see how it goes. I have another show in November that someone won as part of a raffle prize, so I'll send out those invites too.

I always do some sort of desert. Usually a microwave cake or banana fosters stir fry or something that doesn't cost a lot. I buy the cakes on sale and stock up. I also do a savory dish. I choose things with Chicken a lot cause I buy that at sams and for 14 dollars, I have chicken for 7 shows so it is much cheaper than buying for each show. What I do is pick out 2-3 recipes and give the host a choice of one of them. Mostly I choose things that I already have most of the ingredients for at home. I also have had phenomenal results at the last fair and teacher appreciation events I have done. I have 268 names to follow up on. But honestly, most of my bookings for September have come from my shows. The host usually goes on about how easy it was for her. She didn't do anything but give me a list and straighten the house. Hope this helps

The Book to Look did not work for us either.

angelkatey said:
Someone told me of a drawing they took part in at a show where there were envelopes in a basket and they had the option to draw or not to draw one of them. They contained slips of paper that had "10% off order", "free shipping", "free Season's Best cookbook" and "free cooking show". Has anyone done this and if so, how well was it received? Looking for any and all ideas to help with bookings. Also any really good suggestions for recruiting???? Thanks!

My director wrapped these "notes" to individual long stem waxed flowers. Guests had the choice to play or not. Those who wanted to play picked a posie from her vase. She says it goes over well. :)

dollfangs said:
I always do some sort of desert. Usually a microwave cake or banana fosters stir fry or something that doesn't cost a lot. I buy the cakes on sale and stock up. I also do a savory dish. I choose things with Chicken a lot cause I buy that at sams and for 14 dollars, I have chicken for 7 shows so it is much cheaper than buying for each show. What I do is pick out 2-3 recipes and give the host a choice of one of them. Mostly I choose things that I already have most of the ingredients for at home. I also have had phenomenal results at the last fair and teacher appreciation events I have done. I have 268 names to follow up on. But honestly, most of my bookings for September have come from my shows. The host usually goes on about how easy it was for her. She didn't do anything but give me a list and straighten the house. Hope this helps
So do you supply plates, napkins, cups and a drink, too? I am not sure what the defination of a "Free show" entails?

I have been using the "book to look" idea since April, and it's done wonders to my calendar. I've had more shows since April than I had my first few months in the business.

I put my coupons for a FREE product (valid AT THEIR booked show) or 10% off the order tonight inside little Chinese take-out boxes that I bought at Michael's. I have them in the Woven Selections Rectangle Basket (9x13), and after intros, I have each guest pick a box but not open it. I then explain the rules...if they open it and it has a FREE item coupon, then they have to book a show. But -- if they open it, and it has a % off coupon, then it's good for tonight. They are NOT obligated to open the box, but I typically get 2-3 bookings at each show. So, it seems to be working.

I also send the invitations for my hosts, and I always provide the paper products (plates, cups, napkins, and forks). I figure both of these are tax write-offs, so why not offer it?!!? I also pick up the ingredients, but I do ask that they reimburse me up to $15 for those (no one has complained yet).

Anyway, that's how I run my business, and it seems to be paying off. Good luck in whatever you decide.

spoiledchef said:
...if they open it and it has a FREE item coupon, then they have to book a show. But -- if they open it, and it has a % off coupon, then it's good for tonight. They are NOT obligated to open the box, .

So, how many of each coupon do you put in the take-out boxes? Do you have only enough boxes as attendees or do you have a whole basket full to choose from?

I might have to try this one.

Someone in my cluster does a balloon game. She has 3 or 4 balloons on sticks. One ballon is white and the others are blue. The blue ones have show dates that she wants to fill on them and a prize inside. If all blue balloons are taken (shows are booked) then the host gets the white balloon and whatever prize is inside it after all of the shows are held. She puts a little piece of paper in the balloon with the prize written on it and they pop the balloon when they choose it. She said this is working good for her. I haven't tried it yet, but I've been thinking about it.

I only have 20 boxes, and I typically take all 20 (unless I know it's a smaller crowd b/c not all 20 fit in perfectly). Honestly, I don't remember how many of each coupon I printed. I do know that there are probably 3-4 of the % off coupons with the rest being FREE products for booking a show.

I like the balloon idea as well. What kind of sticks does she use...any particular size/type of balloon? TIA

She got sticks from either the florist or from the party store. I think they are about 1 1/2 to 2 foot long plastic sticks. She borrowed a vase from her host and had them on the counter where she was doing her demo. The host knew that she would get a prize if all the booking balloons were taken that night, but she did not know what was in any of the balloons. I think the consultant had $5-10 items in them and maybe a $15 item for the host. She cut the pictures out of the catalog and put them in side the balloons.

no I do not supply the paper goods or the drink unless I am trying to show the quick stir pitcher.

1. How does "Drawing for Bookings" work?

"Drawing for Bookings" is a program where a host can earn additional free products by booking a certain number of parties within a specific time frame. For example, if a host books 3 parties within 30 days, they will receive a free product from the "Drawing for Bookings" list.

2. What products are included in the "Drawing for Bookings" list?

The products included in the "Drawing for Bookings" list change each month and can vary from kitchen gadgets, cookware, and even larger items like cookware sets. The list is always available for viewing on our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Can I participate in "Drawing for Bookings" if I am already a host?

Yes, "Drawing for Bookings" is open to all hosts, whether you are hosting your first party or have hosted multiple parties in the past. It's a great way to earn even more free products for your kitchen.

4. How many parties do I need to book to qualify for the "Drawing for Bookings" program?

The number of parties needed to qualify for the "Drawing for Bookings" program varies each month. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide you with the current requirements and help you reach your goal.

5. Can I choose which product I receive from the "Drawing for Bookings" list?

The product you receive from the "Drawing for Bookings" list is chosen at random. This adds an element of excitement and surprise to the program. However, if you have a specific product in mind, you can always add it to your wish list for your consultant to keep in mind for future parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
apamperedone
  • ElizabethPurvis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies