• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Beware of Scam: False Order Request from Brandy (949 area code)

In summary, this was sent from my ED and she was sent this from Laura Morea. They are warning everyone about a new scam where people are getting contact information from the new way people find PC.
baychef
Silver Member
This was sent from my ED and she was sent this from Laura Morea

TRUE PC SCAM ALERT!! Home office asked me to forward this to you so you can put an alert on DIrector's loop and warn everyone!!. IOne of my consultants received a text last week from
someone named brandy saying she
wanted to place an order and to email her back and she would email me
her list of what she wanted to order. This is the email I received back
from. Her text came from a 949 area code.

Home office said it's a scam and to delete it and don't contact them
back. They do this to hack in to your information

I'm assuming the e-mail was the big order via cashier's check/money order for more than the amount owed? PC had that in the Newswire recently alerting everyone ... but the initial contact being via text is new.

I wish they would have sent the content of the text. Will suggest that to our ED and will share if I hear back.

we are going to see more and more of this with the change in the lead system. it is way easier for the losers to use us now.

Ugh....never thought of that. Hopefully we everyone will communicate as well as they do now and HO will become more active in alerting us all.

Any new scam alerts? hopefully this was a one and done

Admin Greg said:
Any new scam alerts? hopefully this was a one and done

There are several of these going around. All very similar. They are likely getting our contact info from PC's new way for people to find us. The customer get's 5 names and then can get 5 more and can check out all our info on our website without even contacting us. Then if they wait a while or use a different phone they can get more names. Ugg.

bethcooks4u said:
There are several of these going around. All very similar. They are likely getting our contact info from PC's new way for people to find us. The customer get's 5 names and then can get 5 more and can check out all our info on our website without even contacting us. Then if they wait a while or use a different phone they can get more names. Ugg.

I got a new one the other day! It was my second since the change in the leads system. Oh & they were my ONLY 2 leads!! :( :( :(

I just had someone on my team get one this week :( Luckily she contacted me first.

Our team was just alerted to a new one. If you get a "contact me" request from your web page from "Donna Will", we were warned NOT to respond. It's apparently a "pinger number" and when you call it grabs your phone number and adds you to a list that's sold to telemarketers. It's not a real lead.

I think we will always get these now, unless PC can figure out a way to weed them out. But just like hackers- it seems they are always one step ahead.
At least with info we can quickly recognize them.

They really do need a spam filter ~ if the same number or e-mail address is entered more than 5 times, it should be blocked! LOL

Sheila said:
Our team was just alerted to a new one. If you get a "contact me" request from your web page from "Donna Will", we were warned NOT to respond. It's apparently a "pinger number" and when you call it grabs your phone number and adds you to a list that's sold to telemarketers. It's not a real lead.

I got this one too!

I still don't know the # that they are giving us. If you could post it, it might help us if they change the name down the road.Did you call it before you knew it was a fake lead?

The scammers have multiple numbers so even if you had this one they'll have another next week. I guess the best thing to do is read over the lead before replying. If it seems wierd in any way -not local, wording wierd, etc- then don't reply. And if we do get one we think is or find to be a scam. Report it to HO. Every time.

One of my downline received a totally different spam about a month ago. It took PC a while to respond that it was most likely spam and not to reply to it.

What was it Ann?

I was glad PC finally addressed the scams in the PC Weekly Bites yesterday.

I agree! Unfortunately, a lot of consultants don't even read those! But at least the ones who do read them & the ones who talk to people who have read them & share will know. ;)

It's just such a shame when we get so few leads and then all or some of them are spam. Remember the good old days when they'd put our name back in if it wasn't a real lead!

Scamola!I just got this one over the weekend. Got a similar one when we listed a bedroom set on Craigs List a few years ago. I believe they send a larger than order fake Cashiers Check and want you to refund them the difference. Craigslist had the scam details listed. They stated that often banks can't even identify a fake cashiers check until days after deposit.

Here is the email..

I was going through your pampered chef online and find some nice product that i will love to order from you before Christmas and i will need them before Christmas . I'm new online and don't use a credit card due to some personal issue ,this is why i have contact you to help me out moreso i will love to make you my new pampered chef Rep because my old rep is sick ,Payment will be made to you via Bank Cashier Check so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted ?because you can wait till the check cleared before you put in my order . i do not operate with a credit card i need this order very urgent and want to get them asap before Christmas because i want the order to meet my expectations, i'll also tell my friends about you so that they also can patronize for the Christmas Shopping , I will be back to state before Christmas and my debtor will be the one to mail you the check due to am not around and i want you to kindly bear this with me ..but you can wait till you get the check before you put in my order .. and here are my order below ...

1) #2049 Bamboo Slotted Spoon Set — ( 10 Qty)
2) #2496 5" Strainer — ( 5Qty)
3) #1067 3" Petite Paring — ( 3Qty)
4) #2408 Double Boiler — ( 2Qty)
5) #1188 Gravy Separator — ( 5Qty)

Kindly let me know if they is discount cos am adding you $20 to your amount of the order for Christmas,I am gonna need you to kindly get back to me asap with your Total price,full name and contact address so that i can have the full payment sent to you asap so that you proceed with the order asap here is my address where the order will be send to 34 Black oak dr Vernon NJ 07462... and i will need you full names and contact address you want my debtor to mail you the check and i will need the total amount and my cell # is (646) 600-9516.I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon.
Thanks
God bless you more..

Awe, and $20 as a Christmas too boot. How sweet. LOL

Craigslist said to look for wierd wording and puncuation- since english is often their 2nd language and they won't be local.

What is a "Scam Alert" and why should I be concerned?

A "Scam Alert" is a warning or notification about potential fraudulent activities or scams. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to stay informed about potential scams that may target our customers or our business. By being aware of these scams, we can take necessary precautions to protect ourselves and our customers.

How can I identify a scam?

Scams can come in various forms, such as emails, phone calls, or even in-person interactions. Some common red flags to look out for include requests for personal or financial information, promises of large sums of money or prizes, or urgent and unexpected requests for money. Be cautious of any communication that seems suspicious or too good to be true.

What should I do if I suspect a scam?

If you suspect that you have encountered a scam, do not respond to the communication and do not provide any personal or financial information. You can report the scam to the appropriate authorities, such as the Federal Trade Commission or your local law enforcement agency. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's customer service for further guidance and support.

How can I protect myself and my customers from scams?

To protect yourself and your customers from scams, it is important to stay informed and educated about the latest scams. You can do this by regularly checking for scam alerts and updates from reliable sources, such as the Federal Trade Commission or Pampered Chef's official communications. It is also important to be cautious and use common sense when interacting with unfamiliar individuals or businesses.

Are there any specific scams that I should be aware of as a Pampered Chef consultant?

While scams can come in many forms, there have been instances where scammers have impersonated Pampered Chef consultants or used our brand name to deceive customers. It is important to be cautious of any communication that claims to be from Pampered Chef but seems suspicious or unusual. If you have any doubts, you can always reach out to our customer service team for verification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
  • esavvymom