• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Merrill Car Magnets: Check Yours Now!

In summary, the bubbles and peeling on the car magnets purchased from Merrill are a problem. Merrill is going to replace the magnets free of charge.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Check yours if you bought them from Merrill!
I bought mine in January, didn't get them until sometime in February.
Well, this past weekend, I noticed there are HUGE bubbles in them and now the corners are peeling.
I just called customer service and they are gonna check into them.
I can't believe almost $100 out on car magnets and they are bubbling and peeling!
I would check mine if I were you!

I had my first set for almost a year. Bought them as soon as they came out. I lost one - I didn't put it on well and it flew off somewhere. Left the other one in the car and when I got it out it had bubbles. I don't know if it was heat or moisture or something but the bubbling didn't happen until I left it inside the car for a few days.

It shouldn't bubble no matter what!
They are going to give me a full replacement.
that makes me happy!

Mine faded out to almost white within one week of putting it on my vehicle. I'm glad I didn't buy a lot of these.

Wow - I live in Texas and mine never faded

Mine have bubbled and peeled. One flew off somewhere between my home and a host's house. I didn't even think they would honor a warranty so I didn't bother calling them. If they will give you a full replacement I may just call. I ordered mine in Sept of 06. They were peeling by Christmas.

I like the look of them. I figured the bubbling had to do with them being in the care although it wasn't hot. I can't really do decals on my car because they are not that easy to read. I have a Ford Focus so the back window wis my slanted

mdallshouse1 said:
Mine faded out to almost white within one week of putting it on my vehicle. I'm glad I didn't buy a lot of these.
:eek: Oh I so would have been on the phone, those suckers aren't cheap!:mad:

Well, that seals it. If I want to get magnets, I won't order them from Merrill, I'll just go order them from...oh, wait, there isn't anyone else to order from anymore.Never mind.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, that seals it. If I want to get magnets, I won't order them from Merrill, I'll just go order them from...oh, wait, there isn't anyone else to order from anymore.

Never mind.

Your so funny.:D

Ummm - I begged our vendors to create magnets. They finally did

Related to Beware of Merrill Car Magnets: Check Yours Now!

What is the purpose of the "Beware of Merrill Car Magnets" campaign?

The "Beware of Merrill Car Magnets" campaign is a safety initiative launched by Pampered Chef to raise awareness about potential dangers of using certain types of car magnets.

Which car magnets should I check for potential hazards?

You should check any car magnets that have been purchased from Merrill or have a similar design. These magnets may pose a risk of falling off your car while driving and causing accidents.

How do I check if my car magnet is safe?

You can check the safety of your car magnet by ensuring that it has a strong adhesive backing and is securely attached to your car. If the magnet is loose or easily falls off, it is not safe to use.

What should I do if my car magnet is not safe?

If your car magnet is not safe, please remove it immediately and dispose of it properly. You can also contact Pampered Chef for further assistance or to report any incidents related to the car magnets.

Are there any alternative products available?

Yes, there are alternative products available such as bumper stickers or safe car magnets from trusted brands. We recommend using these alternatives instead of the potentially hazardous Merrill car magnets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• letscook04
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • Kathytnt