• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware, Everything on Here Is Available on the Www

In summary, the conversation discusses the discovery that all posts on the forum are available on the web for anyone to see, even non-members. There is a warning to be careful about what is stated, as it can be seen by anyone. Some members express concern about having personal information and photos on the forum, and question whether they can make their profiles private. It is mentioned that the two-line limit for non-members is turned on and off periodically, and some members have found the forum through web searches for specific topics. The conversation also touches on the potential danger of sexual predators having access to personal information and photos on the forum.
gailz2
Gold Member
You probably all know, but I just discovered, that all of our posts on here are available on the www. Do a search for any of these questions and the posts made by each and every one of us is brought up on the web, people just can't sign in to respond.

My warning is to be careful of what is stated. I just read where one consultant was going to "sell the snot out of ..." as well as some things to tell customers.

For instance, I just looked up some recipes and the full CS page comes up with everyone's responses, as well as everyone's pix and where they are from, etc.

Huh? I'm not following - you googled a thread? Help! I need to clean the cobwebs out of my head - I don't get it.

I did a search on Pampered Chef Enchilada Casserole (when I was not signed in to Chef Success) and every single post and page, as we are now looking at above this post, was posted on the web. So, anyone and everyone in the world with web access can see and read all of our postings by searching under any category. I also did Lava Cake Pampered Chef and all of those come up. It works for anything we discuss on here. It is an open file to be read by anyone.

this is exactly why I do not have a ton of personal info in my siggy...

Before I signed up for CS, I was able to browse this website but I was limited to how many posts I could read. After I read a few posts, I was not able to read anymore. It required me to join. I'm thinking since you have an account, your computer recognizes that. We're probably ok...

I think this is something we need to check with Greg or our computer gurus Janet and Ann...

This is actually how I found CS ...
I was looking for a recipe, and googled it ... CS popped up in the search, and I ended up joining because I really enjoyed the information I got here.

The two line limit gets turned on and off periodically. I stopped using Paige's last name on the update posts so they don't show up in google searches.

Yes, if you use a web search to look for info that is here, you'll be linked to the applicable threads. If the 2-line limit is turned off (as it is most of the time, because it messes up the google indexing), then clicking on the link on the search results page will bring up full pages of info here. If non-members do that (or members while logged off), they will be limited to the number of threads they can view.I actually use Google to find specific threads here, as it works better than the search function that's built into the forum software.

A customer of mine found this site when she was looking for Trifle recipes.

Kind of scary when you are talking about and posting pics of your kids.

Exactly why I don't post a photo in my profile and detailed info in my siggy ...

If someone wants to see a photo of me, they have to be signed in to see my photo album, I think ....

I also, in general, try not to post anything I'd be ashamed of if someone read it ...

So if I read you right then anyone can't just go in and see our on-line albums, right? Also, can you make our profiles private at all, kinda like myspace, where you have to give permission before anyone views it?
Ann???? do you know this, my little computer techie or Janet?

Great question Cathy - hmmm , I might want to delete my pics from my profile!

I think that pics cannot be viewed by people who are not logged in. User profiles can't be.Log out and check. ;)

PamperedDor said:
Great question Cathy - hmmm , I might want to delete my pics from my profile!

Exactly.... I'm not real concerned about me, but I did just change my signature on here, and just put my nickname and took off my last name. What I'm concerned about is that the WWW is loaded with sexual predators. And I have pics of my kids on here. My DH will have a COW if something I did endangered our kids. He didn't like me having a myspace page, until he realized that I made it private and the only ones that can see my pics are my trusted friends and family.
And I also know that it is pretty darn easy to obtain a membership to this site.

chefann said:
I think that pics cannot be viewed by people who are not logged in. User profiles can't be.
Log out and check. ;)
Do you think that this would be something worth asking Greg if he could do for us. My family's safety is my first concern.... if I don't protect my kids, no one else will.:(

It might not be an easy fix. The forum software is packaged, and it might not be easy to modify.My guess is that because the profiles aren't viewable by non-members, that the albums aren't either.If it bothers you, take the pics down.

How do we delete the pics Ann?

Probably go into the album and edit the photos.I did just check while logged out, and couldn't get into profiles - or albums. There's no link to albums on the pages when not logged in, and the other way is to go through profiles, which are locked out.

I know that non members cannot access files and attachments either. My customer tried to do that to get the Trifle recipes and couldn't.

Well I got totally spooked so I deleted my kids pics and all my albums - Not bragging but my DD are real beauties and I am not taking any chances with the crazy peeps out there - I told the DH and he totally freaked out! (I know no one here is a crazy peep - just the others who can access us)

I did google my PamperedDor name and it popped up -

paranoid.gif
So now you're just going to risk the crazies on here?
a_yumdumdoodledum.gif

LOL - ya KG - just sticking to the ones I know and love - LOL!!

Related to Beware, Everything on Here Is Available on the Www

1. What does "Beware, Everything on Here Is Available on the Www" mean?

"Beware, Everything on Here Is Available on the Www" is a cautionary statement reminding customers that all products and information displayed on the Pampered Chef website are also available for purchase or viewing on the internet.

2. Is there a difference between purchasing products on the website versus in person?

No, there is no difference in the products themselves. However, purchasing on the website may offer additional convenience and accessibility.

3. Can I find all Pampered Chef products on the website?

Yes, all current Pampered Chef products are available for purchase on the website. Some retired products may also be available while supplies last.

4. Are there any exclusive products only available in person?

No, all products offered by Pampered Chef can be found on the website. However, some consultants may offer special promotions or bundles at in-person events.

5. Is it safe to make purchases on the website?

Yes, the Pampered Chef website uses secure encryption to protect your personal and payment information. You can also choose to pay with PayPal for added security.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • esavvymom