• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beth Moore Has No Idea What She's Started

In summary, the conversation was about a ladies' retreat that took place at a beautiful house on Lake Gaston with 21 women. The study they did was on DVD by Beth Moore called "Living Well" which talked about different types of people we have to love in our lives: Joy, Testy, and Foes. Beth Moore made some funny comments about the Testy people and after the first session, they broke into small groups to discuss what they learned. Despite having some challenges during the retreat, such as a backed-up septic system, they still had a great time and even got a little silly while making greeting cards. Overall, the conversation reflected on the impact of Beth Moore's teaching and the importance of focusing on what we need
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
We had our annual Ladies' retreat this weekend - 21 women in a beautiful house on Lake Gaston. Our study was Beth Moore's "Living Well" on DVD. If you haven't seen this, Beth talks about different types of people we have to love in our lives:

Joy
Testy
Foes
and another one I don't remember (I do, however, remember the 4 commandments, but that's not relative to this post).

She, being Beth Moore, made some really funny comments about the Testy people in our lives, and why it's so hard to love them. After the first session we broke up into small groups to have discussions about what we learned.

Late last night, after a fulfilling but trying day (the septic system backed up, and for most of the day 21 women were unable flush or shower in any of the 6 bathrooms!!!!), we got a little silly while making greeting cards. The people who were in one of the small groups were telling about the prayers that had been said after that first session, and how one woman very kindly decided to "pray for our testys." Say it out loud . . . you'll get it.

This was combined with the fact that when you do card stamping, you might use a tool called a bone knife. You just have to wonder what would happen if your testys lose their bone!!

Ok, like I said, we got silly. :D

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! You're right. Beth Moore probably has no idea the types of fun she starts.

She makes focusing on what we need to do rather than what we want to do fun. Each time I have seen her in person she makes me laugh, cry, and thankful for what I have. Sometimes it takes someone else to make you realize we have it good, and even great compared to others. The there are the times it is at the fore front of our minds. I hope she is able to continue with her teaching and ministering to others for a long time.

My mother-in-law lives on Lake Gaston (the NC side). What a gorgeous place for your retreat and your study. Beth Moore is wonderful and so real and down-to-earth. Everytime I read one of her books or attend a study I feel like a better person.

Sounds like you had a great fun time!

Dear fellow retreat attendee,I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at the Ladies' retreat this weekend! It sounds like it was a truly enriching and uplifting experience. I have seen Beth Moore's "Living Well" DVD and I completely agree that her insights on the different types of people we encounter in our lives are both humorous and thought-provoking.I can only imagine how challenging it must have been dealing with the septic system issue, but it seems like you all handled it with grace and humor. And I have to say, I love the creativity in combining the topic of "testy" people with the bone knife used in card stamping. Laughter is truly the best medicine, especially in trying situations.I hope you were able to take away some valuable lessons and continue to spread love and kindness to all the "Joy, Testy, and Foes" in your life. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I hope to see you at future retreats!Warmly,

What is "Beth Moore Has No Idea What She's Started"?

"Beth Moore Has No Idea What She's Started" is a popular cookbook and cooking class created by Pampered Chef that features delicious recipes and cooking tips using our high-quality kitchen tools and products.

Who is Beth Moore?

Beth Moore is a well-known Christian author, speaker, and Bible teacher. She partnered with Pampered Chef to create this cookbook and cooking class to share her love for cooking and creating delicious meals with others.

What types of recipes are included in "Beth Moore Has No Idea What She's Started"?

This cookbook features a variety of recipes including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for special diets, such as gluten-free and vegetarian options, included in the cookbook.

Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to use this cookbook?

While some of the recipes may suggest using specific Pampered Chef products, you can still make all of the recipes in this cookbook without them. However, we highly recommend using our high-quality kitchen tools for the best results in your cooking.

Is there a cost to attend a "Beth Moore Has No Idea What She's Started" cooking class?

Yes, there is typically a small fee to attend a cooking class featuring recipes from this cookbook. However, the cost may vary depending on the location and host of the cooking class. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information about attending a class.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
pamperedbybarbara
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies