• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Pet Vacuums for Busy Homes - Our Top Picks and Reviews

In summary, Carole recommends the Oreck vacuum cleaner as the best on the market. Christina recommends the Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner.
cwinter474
Gold Member
We have two gold tabbies. Four people in and out constantly. And one worn out vac.

I am thinking about a Bissell Lift-Off or Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. I really want a Dyson, but $550.... it ain't happening.

Any suggestions or recommendation? HELP

Buy an Oreck. Best vacuum on the market!

Actually, check out this thread. Start at post #31. Kasey shares a ton of great info about vacuums.

I just got a Dyson animal from factorydirect and we only paid 398.00 and it came with the car cleaning kit too I will look for the website and send it to you.

Oh I totally love it.

Riccar is the best vacuum you've never heard of! Way better than a Dyson.

I have a black lab who sheds like crazy!! I love my Dyson Animal...I know it's expensive, but it's one of the best investments I've ever made!!

christinaspc said:
I just got a Dyson animal from factorydirect and we only paid 398.00 and it came with the car cleaning kit too I will look for the website and send it to you.

Oh I totally love it.

PLEASE send me a web link!!! What a deal!!

Thanks,
Carol

aPamperedBride said:

I have never heard of "Riccar" brand, do you have any additional information?

pamperedlinda said:
Buy an Oreck. Best vacuum on the market!

Actually, check out this thread. Start at post #31. Kasey shares a ton of great info about vacuums.

Linda, What thread? you forgot the link

I have 7 cats (occupational hazzard of being on the board of a shelter) and this vacuum: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02026312000P?vName=Appliances&cName=VacuumCleaners&FloorCare&sName=Canister%20Vacuums&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IDx20070921x00003a
A Kenmore Canister Vacuum from Sears. I love it SO much. It comes with an attachment to vacuum the furniture with that works SO well. I also have a zoom groom that I use on the furniture for "balling" the fur up when I'm in a hurry: Dog Zoom Groom (This one is a dog one but they have dog and cat ones and if you shop around you can find one for cheaper.)
My routine is: every few days, I brush all the cats good with the shedding blade or zoom groom (depends on the cat) then a vacuum the whole place. Most people have no idea I even have cats when they walk into my home unless they actually see them!

Here is the link http://www.factorydirectsuperstore.com they have all of the different dysons on there and they have a comparison chart too.

Christina, thanks so much!

Your so welcome I loved the free car kit I got with mine I can't wait to use it

Did you go to conference this year?

christinaspc said:
Your so welcome I loved the free car kit I got with mine I can't wait to use it

Did you go to conference this year?

No, conference this year but, I am going for sure next year. I can't wait, I have already decided to put back 1/2 of all my commission this year to help pay for expensies.

aPamperedBride said:

Ooo, are you trash talkin' my Dyson? LOL :D

sk8rgrrl99 said:
I have 7 cats (occupational hazzard of being on the board of a shelter) and this vacuum: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02026312000P?vName=Appliances&cName=VacuumCleaners&FloorCare&sName=Canister%20Vacuums&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IDx20070921x00003a
A Kenmore Canister Vacuum from Sears. I love it SO much. It comes with an attachment to vacuum the furniture with that works SO well. I also have a zoom groom that I use on the furniture for "balling" the fur up when I'm in a hurry: Dog Zoom Groom (This one is a dog one but they have dog and cat ones and if you shop around you can find one for cheaper.)
My routine is: every few days, I brush all the cats good with the shedding blade or zoom groom (depends on the cat) then a vacuum the whole place. Most people have no idea I even have cats when they walk into my home unless they actually see them!

I had to chuckle when I read that you haven't had any issues with your Sears vacuum, because I used to Manage a Sears and the return and repair rate on that canister vac was insane. I'm glad that you are one of the lucky ones because in reality, I'm soo sorry to say, they aren't the best bang for your buck- if you end up getting a lemon and didn't spend the extra money for the service plan, or heck even if you did- the complaints received on this vacuum alone accounted for over 50 % of all customer complaints... I am very happy that you have had such wonderful luck with yours, however! Happy sucking! :) LOL:D

Related to Best Pet Vacuums for Busy Homes - Our Top Picks and Reviews

1. What makes Ot-Pet Vacuums different from other vacuums on the market?

Ot-Pet Vacuums are specifically designed to tackle the challenges of pet hair and dander. They feature powerful suction and specialized attachments to effectively remove pet hair from furniture, carpets, and other surfaces. They also have a HEPA filter to trap allergens and a sealed system to prevent them from escaping back into the air.

2. Are Ot-Pet Vacuums suitable for all types of pets?

Yes, Ot-Pet Vacuums are designed to work on all types of pets, from dogs and cats to small animals like rabbits and guinea pigs. They are also effective at removing hair from upholstery and carpets that may have been left behind by visiting pets.

3. Do Ot-Pet Vacuums come with a warranty?

Yes, all Ot-Pet Vacuums come with a limited warranty that covers any defects in materials or workmanship for a specified period of time. The length of the warranty may vary depending on the specific model of the vacuum.

4. Can I use Ot-Pet Vacuums on hardwood floors?

Yes, Ot-Pet Vacuums can be used on hardwood floors. They come with a hardwood floor attachment that is specifically designed to gently remove pet hair without causing any damage to the surface.

5. Are there any additional accessories or attachments available for Ot-Pet Vacuums?

Yes, there are various attachments and accessories available for Ot-Pet Vacuums, including a crevice tool for tight spaces, a dusting brush for delicate surfaces, and a pet hair turbo brush for extra stubborn hair. These can be purchased separately to enhance the versatility of your vacuum.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies