• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Deep Fryer Suggestions for Delicious and Mess-Free Results

In summary, the author does not like deep frying because of the mess it makes. However, they were at a party a couple of months ago and the host made some deep fried shrimp. They were so good and the coating was so light and fluffy that they thought it might have come from a restaurant. They think they want to get one for their husband for Father's Day.
SilverCeladon
I do NOT deep fry because of the mess it makes. However, we were at a party a couple of months ago and the host made some deep fried shrimp. They were so good and the coating was so light and fluffy that I though it bought it from somewhere. I think I want to get one for DH for Father's Day. What model do you own?

I've never had an issue with a big mess when Deep Frying. Being that most of the space in my kitchen is filled to capacity, we bought a cute little Fry Daddy at Target. I think it wasn't even $15.00. DH was nice enough to melt the plastic lid that came with the little fryer within the first, week, so we had to make one out of tinfoil- and we would use the oil about 2 times before changing it out. We never had any spills, and what did splatter on the counter top was quickly wiped up with a clorox wipe or a warm soapy sponge...

I was actually thinking of getting another one, because DH did something to our other one, and I couldn't get a sticky film off the inside and outside- but I don't have anywhere to put it! And with my sister living here, even my counters are full- and I HATE that!

I have the Big Fry Daddy...I'm not even sure they still make them. But I LOVE mine...though living overseas, I don't use it as much since it requires a transformer to use now. :(

kathijenkins said:
I have the Big Fry Daddy...I'm not even sure they still make them. But I LOVE mine...though living overseas, I don't use it as much since it requires a transformer to use now. :(

That's a bummer- there is something to be said for how well those things can cook a french fry! :)

Every time I've had a deep fryer it never worked out for me. Eventually the electrodes wear out and your oil doesn't maintain the temperature. I personally prefer to get a large skillet and put oil in there, and fish stuff out with a metal spoon or frying basket. I don't deep fry very often anyway.

I love the fryer for home made fries, and for homemade donuts and egg rolls! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
[/B]

That's a bummer- there is something to be said for how well those things can cook a french fry! :)

I know.:( I miss my crunchy fries & popcorn shrimp & hushpuppies & I could go on & on.:cry: I can still cook all that on the stove but these German stovetops can be a pain...getting the right temp isn't always easy. :grumpy:

Related to Best Deep Fryer Suggestions for Delicious and Mess-Free Results

1. What type of oil is best to use in a deep fryer?

The best oil to use for deep frying is one with a high smoke point, such as canola, vegetable, or peanut oil. These oils can withstand high temperatures without burning, resulting in crispy and evenly cooked food.

2. Can I reuse the oil in my deep fryer?

Yes, you can reuse the oil in your deep fryer, but it is important to properly filter and store it. After each use, allow the oil to cool and strain it through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove any food particles. Store the oil in an airtight container in a cool, dark place and it can be reused up to 3 or 4 times.

3. How often should I change the oil in my deep fryer?

It is recommended to change the oil in your deep fryer after 6-8 uses. Over time, the oil can break down and become rancid, affecting the flavor and quality of your food. However, if you notice the oil becoming dark, smoky, or foamy during use, it should be changed immediately.

4. What is the ideal temperature for deep frying?

The ideal temperature for deep frying is between 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit. This allows the food to cook quickly and evenly without absorbing too much oil. Using a thermometer is the best way to ensure the oil stays at the correct temperature.

5. Can I use my deep fryer to cook frozen foods?

Yes, you can use your deep fryer to cook frozen foods. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and adjust the cooking time accordingly. It is also recommended to thaw the food before frying for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
Replies