• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beef Enchilada Cass. (29 Min Cb) Question

In summary, the conversation is about preparing a Beef Enchilada Casserole for a get together the next day. The person wants to have all the food prepped ahead of time and is wondering if anyone has made the dish in advance. Some suggestions are to cook the beef mixture and combine it with the enchilada sauce and salsa, then assemble and heat in the microwave. Others suggest reheating the sauce on the stove before assembling. It is also recommended to include cilantro as it adds flavor to the dish.
kam
Staff member
I would like to make the Beef Enchilada Casserole for a get together we are having tomorrow night. I like to have all my food "prepped" and ready to go so I am not cooking when guests arrive.

Has anyone made this dish ahead of time? Cook the beef mixture and combine with the enchilada sauce,salsa etc and then just assemble quickly before going into the microwave? It would be so much easier if I could cook the entire beef mixture ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to assemble....

Just wondering if anyone has done this?

Thanks!

It would take longer to bring back to temp if it were refrigerated, and would probably need more liquid because of that.

I'm with Ann. If you are going to pre-prep the "sauce" part of it, I would reheat it on the stove before you assemble it. That way, the micro part should still take the same time that the recipe calls for.

BTW- I think that the cilantro really sets off this dish, so don't skip it! Serve with sour cream and olives on the side, and boy is it good!

chefann said:
It would take longer to bring back to temp if it were refrigerated, and would probably need more liquid because of that.
kellythechef said:
I'm with Ann. If you are going to pre-prep the "sauce" part of it, I would reheat it on the stove before you assemble it. That way, the micro part should still take the same time that the recipe calls for.

Yes, now that I think about it, if I were to make the sauce part ahead of time, yes I should add more liquid and reheat.

I think what I might do is pre-cook just the beef (which for me is really the time consuming part). Then right before, add the salsa, sauce water and heat (that shouldn't take me too long), assemble and heat. This way I don't have to worry about the consistency changing.

kellythechef said:
BTW- I think that the cilantro really sets off this dish, so don't skip it! Serve with sour cream and olives on the side, and boy is it good!

Thanks for reminding me about the cilantro. When I made it for DH and myself I left off the cilantro (I really hate it), but since I am doing this for others, I will have to make sure to put it in!

Thanks!

Dear fellow chef,

I have made the Beef Enchilada Casserole ahead of time for gatherings and it has always been a hit! I recommend cooking the beef mixture and combining it with the enchilada sauce and salsa ahead of time. You can then refrigerate it until you are ready to assemble the casserole and pop it in the microwave. This will save you time and stress on the day of your get together. I hope your guests enjoy the dish and have a great time! Happy cooking!

Sincerely,

Related to Beef Enchilada Cass. (29 Min Cb) Question

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Beef Enchilada Casserole?

To make the Beef Enchilada Casserole, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 pound of ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 can (10 ounces) of red enchilada sauce
  • 1 can (4 ounces) of diced green chilies
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 corn tortillas, cut into quarters

2. Can I use a different type of meat instead of ground beef?

Yes, you can use any type of ground meat for this recipe. Ground turkey or ground chicken would also work well in this dish.

3. Is this recipe spicy?

This recipe can be made as spicy or mild as you prefer. If you are sensitive to spice, you can use a mild enchilada sauce and omit the diced green chilies. If you prefer a spicier dish, you can use a hot enchilada sauce and add more diced green chilies.

4. How long does it take to make this casserole?

This casserole can be made in just 29 minutes, hence the name "29 Min Cb". It takes about 15 minutes to prep and 14 minutes to cook in the microwave.

5. Can I make this casserole ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, this casserole can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to reheat. Simply cover the dish with foil and reheat in the microwave or oven until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soulsing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • gailz2