• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbecue Chicken in Dcb W/O Turn Table

In summary, to cook barbecue chicken in the DCB without using the turntable, place the chicken on the bottom of the DCB, cover with barbecue sauce, and cook according to your recipe's instructions. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are recommended for this recipe. The cooking time will vary, but a general rule is 7-9 minutes per pound in the microwave. Other ingredients can be added to the DCB while cooking, and to clean it, simply use warm, soapy water and avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils.
avelissar
Hi,

I have a host who wants to make the Barbecue Chicken in the DCB. Unfortunately, she does not have a turn table. Is this is problem? Or should I just pull it out halfway through and put it back in the opposite way?

Thanks!

Andrea

Rotate it a couple of times during the cook time. It should be fine.

I made the 30 minute chicken tonight and the microwave is too small for the pan to turn. I just rotated it a few times like Ann said - it was actually 40 min chicken and was yummy!

My host also replied that her microwave is 750 W 120 V/2a.

Is this strong enough?

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for reaching out to me regarding your host's question about making Barbecue Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker without a turn table. While a turn table can be helpful in evenly cooking the chicken, it is not a necessary tool for this recipe. If your host does not have a turn table, she can simply rotate the baker halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking. Alternatively, she can also use a baking sheet or rack to place the chicken on inside the baker, which will also help with even cooking. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Happy cooking!

Best,
Pampered Chef Consultant

Related to Barbecue Chicken in Dcb W/O Turn Table

1. How do I cook barbecue chicken in the DCB without using the turntable?

To cook barbecue chicken in the DCB without using the turntable, simply place the chicken on the bottom of the DCB and cover with your desired barbecue sauce. Close the lid and cook in the microwave according to your recipe's instructions. The DCB's unique design allows for even cooking without the need for a turntable.

2. What is the best type of chicken to use for this recipe?

We recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. They cook evenly and are easy to shred for a delicious barbecue chicken dish.

3. How long should I cook the chicken in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts. As a general rule, cook the chicken for 7-9 minutes per pound in the microwave. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F before serving.

4. Can I add other ingredients to the DCB while cooking the chicken?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as vegetables or potatoes to the DCB while cooking the chicken. Just make sure they are chopped into smaller pieces and placed around the chicken for even cooking.

5. How do I clean the DCB after cooking barbecue chicken?

To clean the DCB, simply wash it with warm, soapy water and a sponge. For tougher stains, you can use a paste of baking soda and water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils to prevent scratches on the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • gnlf
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gnlf
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies