• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bamboo Cheese Board and Petite Squares

In summary, one customer bought the cheese board and petite squares, and they have a problem fitting three petites into the well of the board. HO sent them a replacement set of petites, and the same problem persists. Linda suspects it is the board well instead of the squares.
adventurechef
Has anyone else had a problem with the Cheese Board and Petite Squares?

One customer bought them and we are having a heck of a time fitting three petites into the well of the board.

HO sent us a replacement set of petites, and same problem. I must say, HO was very pleaseant to deal with.

I hope this is not signs of what will come - all those December hosts getting the special and things not fitting!

Linda

I just checked my bamboo cheese board with the squares and it is fine I got it when we first ordered the winter products. I have another one at my house right now from an order that jsut came in and I checked it out and the squares did not fit. It's not the squares it's the board. Somehow the measurements got off when it was being cut.

I got one of these and haven't even taken it out of the box... I guess I am going to have to do that.

Oh bummer! I just ordered that on a show I was the host for. And I had several people order this. Hmmmm. Wonder what they'll do when they start hearing from all these people.

Make sure you let them know!

If two sets of squares didn't fit maybe it is the board well instead of the squares?? Mine fits fine! Why did HO assume that it was the squares?

I got mine in the sell a thon and it fits fine.

I haven't had any December hosts complain yet, but now I'll be ready!

Wow. I haven't checked mine. Now you've got me really wondering. Guess I have to check it this evening.

I just checked mine and the squares DO NOT fit. I think I'm going to call HO this afternoon and see what they suggest for a solution since I agree that it's probably not a petite squares issue.

I expect to get my bamboo board and squares any day now. I'll have to check that out when they arrive.
Thanks for the notice!

Cheers

I also had a host tell me that her squares don;t fit, and so did another girl in my cluster! I have seen them before at another consultants place at a meeting, and hers fit fine... maybe we got a wierd batch of boards??

I just got off the phone with HO, and they submitted a product adjustment hoping that it was just a "batch" of boards that might be off. They are only sending the board. I explained to them about what I read here and that my guess was that it wasn't the petite squares.She also mentioned that the supervisor is going to order to have the set sent to her so they can check it there too. I'll find out in a few days when the board exchange works or not.

siderits said:
I just got off the phone with HO, and they submitted a product adjustment hoping that it was just a "batch" of boards that might be off. They are only sending the board. I explained to them about what I read here and that my guess was that it wasn't the petite squares.

She also mentioned that the supervisor is going to order to have the set sent to her so they can check it there too. I'll find out in a few days when the board exchange works or not.

Any news yet? I got mine today and I have the same problem. I haven't called HO yet.

Ugh.....I just got mine too, and they dont fit either. Plus, the ball on my small bowl caddy, was busted off!! Hmmm....

mine should be here in a few days...ugh...i hope mine fits. and if not, maybe I won't have to return the bad batch one..then I will have 2 pretty boards :)

I just got off the phone with HO. I told her that it is the board and not the squares. She made some notes to pass on to her supervisor. She is rushing out a replacement today and told me to discard the one that came today. Let's hope the new one is fine although my husband seems to think that if it came from the same shipment box it might not be. We'll have to wait and see. She appreciated my call about the problem and hopes not all of them are this problem.

I got mine a few weeks ago and checked it yesterday. Everything fits just fine. Cool... one less thing I have to mess with.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, I hope there are no problems with it.

I got mine last night... the squares fit, but not perfectly. Do I call HO or just deal with it as it is? Like I said, they do fit...just not perfectly, they are crammed in there pretty tight

This stinks! I have not received mine yet. I ordered from my own show, and i have a host who ordered hers this month also. It sounds like a bad batch of boards and until those run out any that are sent will be the same!!!! I was really looking forward to getting mine. Oh well....what can you do? but wait and see.

I got mine at the beginning of the season and they fit fine. I don't mean this to sound the wrong way at all, but you all do know they only hold 3 of the squares and not all 4 right? Sorry, I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just thought maybe you all were thinking they all 4 went on there.

My last show, the host and a guest ordered both the host specials. For the host, no problems with fit, but she got 4 petite squares instead of 3... bonus for her As for the guest (which is my sister)... didn't fit. The petite squares buckled in the slot on the board. I called HO and they are shipping out a new board only. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll let you know. Odd!

Yes, it is only supposed to hold 3 even though they sent out a box of 4 (extra bonus for us!). No offense taken, Jennifer! The third one hangs over. I'll have to see what my replacement board holds when it comes.

mandydollie said:
I got mine last night... the squares fit, but not perfectly. Do I call HO or just deal with it as it is? Like I said, they do fit...just not perfectly, they are crammed in there pretty tight

Amanda,

I would call HO about it so they are aware of another one that isn't right. They were happy that I reported the problem even though it is a problem as they pay good money to the manufacturer and need to let them know about this problem.

pamperedharriet said:
Yes, it is only supposed to hold 3 even though they sent out a box of 4 (extra bonus for us!). No offense taken, Jennifer! The third one hangs over. I'll have to see what my replacement board holds when it comes.

Oh, I see. It sounds like the first batch of them that we got at the beginning of the season were made correctly. I hope the manufacturer eats the cost of these being wrong and not PC. It's not their fault.

UpdateHello
I received my bamboo cheese board and petite squares last night and everything fits fine with mine! I can't WAIT to use them this holiday season!!!

Cheers

Mine didn't fit either. I called the HO and they weren't too happy that mine didn't fit, she almost sounded anoyed with me. They want UPS to come pick up my board and petite squares. The lady told me that the petite squares might have been made wrong. What a pain, I was going to use it at Christmas.

I received mine today and so did 2 of my Decmeber hosts...NONE of us are having luck with the squares fitting. I don't think the boards indent is wide enough....

I told my hosts I would check it out with HO.

Received mine last night and...The squares don't fit, unless having one at an angle counts as fitting.

speaking of the cheese board and squares....

What is everyone doing with it??? I love cheese, but am at a loss what to do with the squares if I use the board as a cheese board. Originally I had planned to use the board with crackers in the indentation but now that I have the petite squares am wondering if there is any cool thing to do with them?

And no, I won't do anything sushi like! Have issues with rice... I know, I am wierd.

Here's something I did with it. I put 1 square in the groove and filled it with a tablespoon or so of strawberry-rhubarb spread (from Tastefully Simple - love that spread!). Then I filled the rest of the groove with Club crackers. Grabbed a hunk of Havarti cheese out of the fridge and the Stainless Cheese Knife from the drawer - it's a great little snack station! You could do the same thing with a sharp cheese, a hunk of summer sausage, and a little mustard in the square.

I did e-mail HO about my squares not fitting properly and how I saw on this site that there seemed to be many issues like mine. I got an e-mail yesterday that they were sending me out a new board and that they didn't require the old one to be sent back!!! Hopefully the new one is from a new batch and not another one that my squares won't fit properly in.

I just got my Hostess special Bamboo board and petite squares and the first thing I did was open and check it out, luckily mine fit :)

I got two today and one board was all right and the other didn't fit the squares. How weird, but at least the adjustment went very easily!

I just got off the phone with HO - they are sending out a new cheese board to my HOST - YEAH!!

mandydollie said:
I got an e-mail yesterday that they were sending me out a new board and that they didn't require the old one to be sent back!!!

They're making my host send hers back. Not that it's a huge problem since my host has no use for 2 boards, but it would have made a nice gift for someone else without the squares.

Just received mine...The squares do not fit. I called HO and they are sending out a new one, I get to keep the old one....It will work great to use at shows, since that is what i was planning on using it for anyway. I was more concerned with the one that my other host is receiving.
thanks for the tips on what to do with it....

HO followup?I originally called HO about my problem, and they graciously sent out new boards and arranged for the other two (I had two ordered from a show with neither fitting) to be picked up. Well, the whole exchange took place, but the two new boards that were sent still don't fit. I called HO AGAIN and the only thing the solution center person could do was do yet another product adjustment. I expressed my hesitation because of two rounds being wrong. She forwarded me to a supervisor, and you guessed it .... voice mail. I left a voice mail with the issue, reference # of the problem and three days later ... no return phone call yet.

I'm planning on calling them again and asking for an entire product adjustment (board and squares). I can't say 100% of which one it might be.

Very frustrating ... I really wanted to use mine for Christmas Day. :(

I think they have gotten through the bad ones. The shipment I received two days ago had two boards - both were fine. I was hesitant to try them because of all the bad reports!

Anyone still having trouble with their Dec host special - Bamboo Cheese Board + Petite Squares not fitting?

I got one a week or so before christmas and it was fine!!

I am in the process of having the FOURTH set sent to me -- petite squares STILL do not fit in the board cutout area. I talked to HO this morning AGAIN, and they are going to ship out yet one more set. However, this time the shipping label they are sending me in the mail is apparently going to be shipped directly to a person for further review. Each time I've had my fingers crossed that the one coming will work. I'm a little irritated that my second time around they forwarded me to a supervisor's voice mail because of my continued problem. It's been nearly three weeks since I left the voice mail, and still no return call. We'll see how #4 works. Luckily one set is for me and the other set is for a very patient past host.

I'm still having trouble with the boards! I just sent for my fourth set. Luckily one is for me and the other is for is for my mother, but it's very frustrating that three boards do not fit.

oh man... that isn't good! how many boards have you gotten that you didn't need to send back? they will still make a nice little cheese and cracker board at least!

My replacement one came and works fine.

jenniferknapp said:
how many boards have you gotten that you didn't need to send back? they will still make a nice little cheese and cracker board at least!

I have 6 boards that don't work! I do think it's nice that they still will work as just a cheese board though.

I hope this will be the last set though... I'm glad to hear most everyone else is through their troubles with this item!

Just wanted to let everyone know. I just got an e-mail from my host and she said her squares didn't fit in the board. The problem is still not solved at HO and it's Feb.:eek: I'll be calling them on Mon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Hodge
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Smashie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • RaggedyAunt