• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bacon in the Bar Pan~ How Do You Do It?

I seasoned mine this way the first time I used it and I did not notice any flavor transfer at all.I haven't noticed transfer either. Deb said she lets her grease firm up & then scrap it - I had said earlier that I use my grease for later & I pour it up pretty much right after I take it out of the oven.I used the parchment the first time and found it did not season the stone. Then I did it again with a smaller piece of parchment because I wasn't doing that much bacon. To this day, there is a dark ring around the edge of my pan from the bacon grease.
merego
Please let me know, alot of people are asking me and I have no idea, but heard it's the best bacon you'll ever eat!!??:angel:

I line my bar pan with parchment and also put a some on top of bacon strips for easy clean up. I usually set the temp at 375c. Works wonders!

I put a layer of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, then lay the bacon strips on it, and bake in the oven at 425 for 20-25 minutes. (depending how crisp you like your bacon) The parchment soaks up alot of the grease, making it easier to clean - and it also seasons a new bar pan better than anything else!:thumbup:

For easiest clean up, line the bar pan with parchment paper before you start. Then, for the large bar pan, it will hold an entire pound (the pieces may need to be slightly overlapped), and the medium bar pan will hold about 1/2 lb. The oven can be set for 400-450 degrees and then pop it in and bake it according to the crispness desired. I would check after 10 minutes or so and gauge from there.

Once you're done, literally pick up the parchment paper, crumble it together and throw it away. You're done. No bacon grease smell or mess to clean up. It's AWESOME!

Enjoy!

Tammy

Everyone typing at once! I was delayed because the office phone rang! lol

Do you think we like our bacon done on the bar pan maybe? :)

rennea said:
Do you think we like our bacon done on the bar pan maybe? :)

Best thing since sliced bread!:love: I sell them at almost every show - and I always tell the bacon tip ~ people love it!

Oh, and you can do it in the microwave, too, using the medium bar pan (if it fits). I start at about 4 minutes and check it after that. I always put a piece of parchment paper on top, too, to control grease splatters. The small bar pan would work, too, but it obviously wouldn't hold much.

Tammy

I've done it without parchment, too. Still works. :) I let the pan cool and the grease firms up and I just scrape it out with a nylon pan scraper.I bake at 400 for about 25 mins. Just cook it long enough to your desired crispness.

WONDERFUL.... Thank yous o much. The last 5 shows I was a guest I meant to ask the consultant and forgot everytime. My 1st cooking show is this Sunday and I want to tell people about it, plus tryi it myself :)

RaggedyAunt said:
Oh, and you can do it in the microwave, too, using the medium bar pan (if it fits). I start at about 4 minutes and check it after that. I always put a piece of parchment paper on top, too, to control grease splatters. The small bar pan would work, too, but it obviously wouldn't hold much.

Tammy
can it be any kind of bacon or just the kind that is microwave friendly - you know the kind that says its for cooking in the microwave.:eek:

PamperedDor said:
can it be any kind of bacon or just the kind that is microwave friendly - you know the kind that says its for cooking in the microwave.:eek:

I've used just regular bacon, and it worked fine. Just watch the time for crispness. It cooks fast!

I put the bacon on the bar pan w/nothing under it - I am trying for more seasoning to my pan. Plus I don't find it a hard clean up either & I get the bacon grease in a small bowl for using later in gravy.

I use parchment paper. Put it on 400 degrees or 450 degrees depending on how quick I am needing it to cook.

For those of you who didn't use parchment paper....

Did you notice a transfer of flavor from the grease the next time you used your pan?

Christ Follower said:
For those of you who didn't use parchment paper....

Did you notice a transfer of flavor from the grease the next time you used your pan?

I seasoned mine this way the first time I used it and I did not notice any flavor transfer at all.

I haven't noticed transfer either. Deb said she lets her grease firm up & then scrap it - I had said earlier that I use my grease for later & I pour it up pretty much right after I take it out of the oven.

I used the parchment the first time and found it did not season the stone. Then I did it again with a smaller piece of parchment because I wasn't doing that much bacon. To this day, there is a dark ring around the edge of my stone. It's mostly evened out now.

DebbieJ said:
I've done it without parchment, too. Still works. :) I let the pan cool and the grease firms up and I just scrape it out with a nylon pan scraper.

I bake at 400 for about 25 mins. Just cook it long enough to your desired crispness.
That's what I do too!

I do it without parchment paper all the time.

Also how does turkey bacon work in the oven? Is it just as good?

The only way we cook bacon is in the Large Bar Pan; and we have it just about every Sunday. I never line mine with parchment paper. I love to use our Brush with it so I can get the water very hot for cleaning. Every once in a while, I use baking soda on it.

I never have a problem with other food tasting like bacon.

Oh, I like to cook it in the over...425 for 15 to 20 minutes. It is so good!!!

Lisa

kaseydee said:
I haven't noticed transfer either. Deb said she lets her grease firm up & then scrap it - I had said earlier that I use my grease for later & I pour it up pretty much right after I take it out of the oven.

This is exactly what I do and if you want to season your pan quickly it is the best!! I don't ever use parchment paper. I love frying eggs in bacon grease, it helps to clog your arteries faster!!!!:D :D :D

This is definately the best way to season this pan:thumbup: The parchment saves time with cleanup in my opinion.

425 for 20 minutes, comes out perfect! mmm... and the grease comes right off the pan- after its cooled of course. lol

Last edited:
Oh PLEASE don't pour the grease off when it is hot. You will risk burning yourself!The nylon spatula (flipper) works great for removing the grease when it is warm.

lacychef said:
This is definately the best way to season this pan:thumbup: The parchment saves time with cleanup in my opinion.

That is why I use the parchment, plus, the bacon is less greasy too. The parchment soaks up some of the excess grease, so I don't have to soak it off the bacon as much.

When I was seasoning the pan, I did the bacon without parchment.

1. Can I cook bacon in the Bar Pan?

Yes, you can absolutely cook bacon in the Bar Pan from Pampered Chef! It is one of our favorite ways to cook bacon because it comes out perfectly crispy every time.

2. How do I arrange the bacon in the Bar Pan?

To arrange the bacon in the Bar Pan, simply lay the strips side by side, making sure they don't overlap. You can fit about 10-12 slices in one Bar Pan depending on the size of your bacon and Bar Pan.

3. Do I need to preheat the Bar Pan before cooking bacon?

No, preheating the Bar Pan is not necessary when cooking bacon. Simply place the bacon in the Bar Pan and put it in the oven to cook.

4. How long do I cook the bacon in the Bar Pan?

The cook time for bacon in the Bar Pan will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of crispiness. We recommend starting with 15 minutes in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven and adjusting the time as needed.

5. How do I clean the Bar Pan after cooking bacon?

Cleaning the Bar Pan after cooking bacon is simple. You can either hand wash it with warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher. If there is any stuck on residue, we recommend soaking the Bar Pan in warm soapy water for a few minutes before cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wcsis
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PamperedSheep
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies