• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to the Drawing Board on How to Do My Shows

In summary, the author is feeling frustrated with her job. She had a terrific November, no bookings in December, and did one cooking show a week ago. It was a very small turnout (four people), and she left with less than $100 in orders. She feels like she needs to figure out what her style is and stick with it, but each show has a different feel and she ends up rolling with the mood of the group. She did the drawing slips and the ticket game from earlier, and then gave out the catalogs and went over the specials. She stopped when someone said they were ready.
babywings76
Gold Member
Seriously, I don't know what my problem is today. Please bare with me here....

I had a terrific November, no bookings in December. I did one cooking show a week ago and was so nervous, feeling very rusty. Well, the show felt chaotic. They were a loud and rowdy group but fun. It was a very small turnout (she originally told me 7 possibly 8, ended up with 4). Only 3 people ordered and I left with less than $100 in orders.

Anyway, I feel like there are just so many ways that people do their shows. I feel like I need to figure out what my style is and stick with it and improve. But each show has a different feel to it and I end up rolling with the mood of the group. Maybe I'm doing fine, but I don't know. I feel like there's a lot to cover and I can't fit it all in without it being too much for people to take in, plus do the demo. I try having people participate and help while I then talk about the products. That works for part of it. Then I have my host give out tickets for the "Got it Love it, Love it Gotta have it" game. Then when the recipe is done I give out the catalogs and go over the specials, go over the other product lines if I didn't already, then I do the Booking Slide. I also do the drawing slips and have them put their wishlist on the back. I give the host a SB and have everyone sign it. I do the drawings for the drawing slips and the ticket game from earlier. Then I dish up and serve or have host help with that. Then I clean up while they fill out their forms. Then I stop when someone says they are ready. Anyway, I'm rambling I know... but all this just seems to happen all so fast and in a variety of orders and sometimes I think it's too much or too chaotic. Do you think it might just be the way I perceive it? I usually get compliments on my shows, but the last one was crazy and I was out of practice and no one really said anything. I got 2 bookings, so I think maybe I was okay. I guess I'm just so paranoid that I'm bad at this.

Maybe I need to go back to the drawing board and practice a show without all the frills?

It's hard to get back into it after being off for almost 2 months. Cut yourself some slack!

and you got 2 bookings from 4 people?? That would be a pretty good compliment to me.

wow, I am sorry you are feeling so frustrated, but if you feel the show is chaotic, it probably is! Maybe you should pick 1 game (either ticket or love it, got to have it). I don't clean up until the end, because I like to be availible for questions and I like to listen to the conversations being had, they are VERY TELLING (for bookings and recruiting). My suggestions book a bunch of shows back to back, then evaluate yourself after each show and change what needs to be changed one thing at a time.
Good luck!

mscharf said:
wow, I am sorry you are feeling so frustrated, but if you feel the show is chaotic, it probably is! Maybe you should pick 1 game (either ticket or love it, got to have it). I don't clean up until the end, because I like to be availible for questions and I like to listen to the conversations being had, they are VERY TELLING (for bookings and recruiting). My suggestions book a bunch of shows back to back, then evaluate yourself after each show and change what needs to be changed one thing at a time.
Good luck!

I know sometimes I feel self-conscious about things, only to have someone tell me how great it went. So I don't know. The ticket game was the love it, got to have it game, so really it was just one game. I gave tickets out instead of throwing candy.

The reason why I clean up while they shop is because I feel like I'm hovering. I want them to relax and enjoy. I was close by, so I was able to hear the comments and if they had questions, could stop and respond. I also feel weird hanging around while I have a mess in front of me, ya know?! I always seem to take forever to clean up after a show and leave, so I start when I can knowing that it'll be a start and stop process.

I can't really count on being able to book shows back to back. I kind of see what works for my hosts. I do happen to have 2 shows back to back at the end of Feb. though.

There is something to say about experience. When you do a lot of shows, I'm sure over time things you do and say flow more uniformly and smoothly.
So I just need to do more shows! :D

I have a show this Saturday, so I think I just try to keep my cool and see how things go. Then get feedback from my sister who will be there.

DebbieJ said:
It's hard to get back into it after being off for almost 2 months. Cut yourself some slack!

Thanks. :)

I tend to be critical and harsh on myself. I think whenever I have a small show in sales, I feel like I failed. I think I'm feeling the pressure of this month coming to an end and my not having enough to be active. It's not over though, so we'll see how things turn out.

babywings76 said:
I

I have a show this Saturday, so I think I just try to keep my cool and see how things go. Then get feedback from my sister who will be there.

That is a great idea, that was actually my next suggestion. Have someone you trust evaluate you! (you want them to be brutally honest). It sounds like you are working in the right direction! We can all improve our shows, so it is great that you are being proactive!

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef shows more engaging and successful?

To make your shows more engaging and successful, try incorporating interactive elements such as games, demonstrations, and product tastings. Also, be sure to personalize your demonstrations and make them relevant to your audience's needs and interests.

2. What are some creative ways to promote my upcoming Pampered Chef show?

Some creative ways to promote your show include using social media, creating eye-catching flyers or invitations, and reaching out to friends and family through word of mouth. You can also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or book a future show.

3. How can I effectively manage my time during a Pampered Chef show?

To manage your time effectively, create a timeline for your show and stick to it. Also, be sure to have all the necessary tools and ingredients prepared beforehand, and try to minimize distractions during the show.

4. What should I do if I encounter a difficult guest during my Pampered Chef show?

If you encounter a difficult guest, stay calm and professional. Try to address their concerns and find a solution that works for both parties. If necessary, you can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for support and guidance.

5. How can I follow up with guests after my Pampered Chef show?

To follow up with guests after your show, send personalized thank-you notes and follow up with any potential leads or bookings. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to show your appreciation and encourage future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Sandi Metzer
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies