• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready to Make 2008 the Year of the Doer?

In summary, Lisa shares her realization that she needs to become a doer in order to achieve her dreams and goals, both in her business and personal life. She encourages others to do the same and offers tips on how to become a doer. Her declaration of 2008 as the Year of the Doer serves as inspiration for others to take action and make their dreams a reality.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

This is something I sent to my team as well as my upline. So far I am receiving good feedback so I decided to share it with all of you. I hope you enjoy it! Lisa

2008 – The Year of the Doer!​

The new year is approaching and I have been thinking about how I want to run my business next year. While I love what I do and have been somewhat successful with it, I know I can do so much more with it.

I really started to think what is the difference between my business and a very successful business such as that of my friend Kim? Then I had a revelation. I am a dreamer, while Kim is a doer!

Dreaming is so much fun! I sit and imagine myself earning my first really huge paycheck and what I would do with the money; walking across the stage with a promotion to an Upper Level Director; walking the stage as a TPC earner; and earning an amazing Pampered Chef trip. None of that happened for me in 2007 because I did not take the actions needed to make those dreams come true. I was not enough of a doer.

I am not just a non-doer in my business. I am also a non-doer around the house and with my family. Don’t get me wrong, I try to be a doer around the house. Enough things happen to keep the house functioning; the house is just not as organized as I would like it. Also, I would love to do more with my children and husband. I consider myself a good mom and wife; I just would like to help the children more with their schoolwork. I need to become a consistent doer at home.

For years (as long as I can remember), I have been a dreamer. I think dreaming is great, but not if your dreams do not come true. If that is the case, you are spending way too much of your time dreaming and not enough time doing. I even spent a few days dreaming about writing this article; before I finally decided write it. That’s a little sad, don’t you think!

I discovered something else about being a dreamer and not a doer. As a dreamer, I make excuses for not getting things done. If you consistently have a reason for not getting things done that you know need to get done, you are also probably a dreamer and not a doer. I decided I do not want to go through life that way any more. Is that the way you want to live your life?

For 2008, I am going to be a doer. A doer takes a dream and makes goals to reach it. One year’s goals are a little daunting to me, so I plan on breaking down my goals by month, week and then day by day. Pampered Chef did something very special for us when they created the 3-2-1 plan. As a dreamer, I thought a lot about making those three contacts a day; I just did not do it consistently. That is going to change for 2008. I will make three contacts a day; I am going to be a doer.

To be successful in all aspects of your life, you will also need to become a doer. First decide what your dreams are. Think about all aspects of your life; not just your business. Set attainable goals for reaching each of your dreams. Break those goals down by month, week or day. When you reach a goal, take time to celebrate. Make yourself accountable for your goals by writing them down and sharing them with your family, friends or others in your business.

I will reach my dreams because I am officially declaring 2008 the Year of the Doer! If you want to become a doer, email or call me. I would love to help you become a doer also.

thanks for sharing!

Very well said! Thanks for the inspiration. I, too, have made that commitment to myself & my family for 2008. I just didn't say it quite so eloquently! I already feel much less stress & a sense of accomplishment because I started out the New Year with a clean, on-its-way-to organized house (MAJOR STEP FOR ME!). Next obstacle, my office!!:D :D

1. What does "2008 - the Year of the Doer!" mean?

It means that this year, we are encouraging individuals to take action and make their dreams a reality.

2. How can I participate in "2008 - the Year of the Doer!"?

You can participate by setting goals for yourself and actively working towards achieving them. Share your progress with others and inspire them to also take action.

3. What kind of goals should I set for myself during "2008 - the Year of the Doer!"?

The goals can be anything that you are passionate about and want to accomplish. It can be personal, professional, or even a community-oriented goal.

4. Will there be any events or activities related to "2008 - the Year of the Doer!"?

Yes, there will be various events and activities organized throughout the year to celebrate and support individuals who are taking action towards their goals.

5. Can I share my progress and experiences with "2008 - the Year of the Doer!" on social media?

Absolutely! We encourage everyone to share their journey and inspire others to also become doers. Use the hashtag #YearoftheDoer to connect with others and spread the message.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PChefPEI