• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready to Level Up Your Business with Don Funt's Training?

If you ever get a chance like this... TAKE IT! I HIGHLY encourage any and all training you can participate in. Remember that things that do not eat, do not grow. So consider training a part of a healty diet! ;)In summary, Kristin shared her notes from a meeting with Don Funt where he gave valuable tips on improving one's business. Don stressed the importance of attending trainings to grow and shared his successful system of using host packets and printing show information directly on invitations. He also provided a template for the invitations. Some attendees shared their experiences with printing invites and recommended using labels instead. Overall, it was a great meeting with lots of helpful information.
pchefkristin
Sorry again it has taken me a bit to post this for everyone! I had sugery on Thurday the 22nd, and took off for Pennsylvania on Saturday the 24th. Add a few shows on my return home, and I was just exhausted!

LOTS of great info though, and I believe it is really going to change the way I do business! Hope this is as helpful to you all as it was for me! If you ever get a chance like this... TAKE IT!

I HIGHLY encourage any and all training you can participate in. Remember that things that do not eat, do not grow. So consider training a part of a healty diet! ;)

Attachments

• Training with Don Funt.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:
Thanks, Kristin!

I've printed off your notes and will sit down and read them later today.

Thank you, Kristin! Sounds like Don is a great human being. What a blast!

Wow Kristin, this is GREAT!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, thanks for passing this along!

Thank you so much for sharing this!!! :D

Thanks for sharing some great info.

Ann R.

Thank you so very much! This is awesome information!

Lisa

Thanks! I can't wait to read through it later :)

AWESOME Notes that EVEN a consultant can use! I love his system with the Host Packets. I'm going to definetly have to try that one!!

I had been debating about doing the invitation thing.....I may have to just jump in and try it a time or two to see how it goes! Do you have to use the labels from HO??

hoosierchef said:
AWESOME Notes that EVEN a consultant can use! I love his system with the Host Packets. I'm going to definetly have to try that one!!

I had been debating about doing the invitation thing.....I may have to just jump in and try it a time or two to see how it goes! Do you have to use the labels from HO??

Nope... print out the info onto your invites. Don has a printer and has his template set up so that when he puts his invites in the computer, it prints his info exactly where it needs to go on the postcard invites!

I figure what the heck... this way I know they are going out.. its one less thing my host has to do and its a deduction for me at the end of the year. He said since he started doing it that way, his show average went WAY up! He is now at a $1000 show average! :eek: That would be hard to take wouldnt it?!

Kristin you rock!!!:)

Thanks for taking the time to write those awesome notes.

I LOVE the idea about printing the show info directly on the invite! I'm going to make a template now (will share when I'm done, of course)!! Does he use the generic invites?

jeanniec said:
I LOVE the idea about printing the show info directly on the invite! I'm going to make a template now (will share when I'm done, of course)!! Does he use the generic invites?

Word of caution...my printer does not like to to do this so I have gone to labels...it takes longer, but I can't afford to replace my printer right now.

Thanks for the notes...can't wait to read them over!

Yeah, I about killed my printer when I tried to print directly on the invites. I'm doing labels for now, too.

Thanks for the heads up!!! What kind of printers do you guys have? I have one of the HP all-in-one deals with the fax/scanner/printer.

templatehere is a template from Don Funt for the invitations....

Attachments

• PC don'sInviteTemplate0906.doc
    26 KB · Views: 552
quiverfull7 said:
here is a template from Don Funt for the invitations....

YAY!! Thank you!! Why reinvent the wheel?! LOL

jeanniec said:
Thanks for the heads up!!! What kind of printers do you guys have? I have one of the HP all-in-one deals with the fax/scanner/printer.

This is what I have too. It is an HG G55. It just wants to heat up and it sounds like it is working way too hard to do many invitations.

jeanniec said:
I have an HP all-in-one ...a 5610 (? I think) and I print out my invites using a template! Works great!

Invitation Template
quiverfull7 said:
here is a template from Don Funt for the invitations....

Thanks so much!

Notes from Don Funt's meeting
pchefkristin said:
Sorry again it has taken me a bit to post this for everyone! I had sugery on Thurday the 22nd, and took off for Pennsylvania on Saturday the 24th. Add a few shows on my return home, and I was just exhausted!

LOTS of great info though, and I believe it is really going to change the way I do business! Hope this is as helpful to you all as it was for me! If you ever get a chance like this... TAKE IT!

I HIGHLY encourage any and all training you can participate in. Remember that things that do not take eat, do not grow. So consider training a part of a healty diet! ;)

Thanks so much for all of this great information!

WOW...thanks for all this wonderful information. Isn't this such a great site to be a part of??

WOW..this is awesome. Someone as organized as MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I love him...hahahahaha!

Great Notes! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for remembering us Kristin:) I'm saving to read later. I'm glad your week went well!
As far as sending invites--I definately recommend it! My show average has definately went up since I started doing this about a year & a half ago. I've had 6 $1000 shows so far this year! It's worth trying at least!

lacychef said:
Thanks for remembering us Kristin:) I'm saving to read later. I'm glad your week went well!
As far as sending invites--I definately recommend it! My show average has definately went up since I started doing this about a year & a half ago. I've had 6 $1000 shows so far this year! It's worth trying at least!

WOWSERS! Congrats on the high shows! That is what I aspire to! This last month was rittled with too many $300 shows. Ugh.. course, I have had lots going on with this surgery stuff and what was leading up to it, so my heart was definately not where it needed to be. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks for sharing with us all, that was very kind to share your notes!

Thanks for sharing your notes with us, they are awesome!

I have a few question about his host packets, not sure if you can answer but thought I would at least throw them out there.

How many catalogs does he put into his packets?

Does he ask for them back at any time from the host?

How soon before the show does he send the packets?

Thanks

Oops, forgot to ask this..

Do you know if he is teaching any classes at Nat Conference?

naekelsey said:
I have a few question about his host packets, not sure if you can answer but thought I would at least throw them out there.

How many catalogs does he put into his packets?

Does he ask for them back at any time from the host?

How soon before the show does he send the packets?

Thanks

I do not know, but I assume he puts in 3-4 catalogs.
As far as I know, they are "throw away" packets, but I wasnt there when he closed my friends show. Most of my hosts offer my extras back anyhoo... so maybe his do too.

He sends the packet out when he gets their guest list for their shows. He sends reminders to let them know to get their lists to him... so I would think he doesnt lose too many host pkgs.

And as far as conference goes, I have no clue. He usually does do a workshop, but since they dont tell us WHO the workshop speakers are when we sign up for workshops, there is no way to know what class he is doing.

great notes, I think I will start with the invite thing. How far in advance of the show should we send them out? I was always worried, as this is like a $20.00 investment, plus I usually give out a couple prizes per show so I fee like I am spending waaaaaay too much money, but if I can raise my average then it wouldn't matter! Plus, if it for some reason doesn't work for me, I will try a new approach.

thanks for the inspiration

M

mistym said:
great notes, I think I will start with the invite thing. How far in advance of the show should we send them out? I was always worried, as this is like a $20.00 investment, plus I usually give out a couple prizes per show so I fee like I am spending waaaaaay too much money, but if I can raise my average then it wouldn't matter! Plus, if it for some reason doesn't work for me, I will try a new approach.

M

I asked my hosts before to send at least a week and a half to two weeks before the show. So I would imagine you would want to do the same.
The investment is a tax deduction, so keep those receipts!!
As for door prizes. I usually only give out two seasons best cookbooks. One to the host ~ passed around so her friends can sign it for her, and one for the prize drawing.

I like to send invites out 2-3 weeks in advance because I am finding that our postal service doesn't treat them very nicely.

I once arrived at a show to find out that several guests had never received the postcard--and I know I mailed them! That's why telling your hosts to call to extend a personal invite and email and call to remind her guests is SOOOO important!

I like to send my invites out approx. 2 wks before the show, i put them in an envelope so they dont get lost in the "junk" mail pile. I also use "booster" stickers on the blank part of the invite, this way everyone invited gets a booking and recruiting seed planted not just those in attendance.
I have found over the many years with different DS companies my best shows have been those where i sent the invites out myself. I offer a gift to the hostess if they return the guest list to me within 3 days.

Kristin thanks for sharing the info, I'm new to PC and in Canada so I dont know who he is but he sounds great!

mistym said:

M

Trust me that this is a small price to pay on the return in show average. Doing this has made the biggest difference in anything I have tried in my business.

What I do is send out a letter and a 3 page list asking for name, address, phone and e-mail. (I require at least the name and address!) Some will balk at giving me this much info, but I tell them the reason I ask is to assist them with their party. No cold calling will be done (I don't have the time and I hate receiving these calls myself). I require that they send back the list 2 1/2 weeks before their party (I work full time and need extra time).

If they send back the list on time..I give them $ for a list of 30, more for 40 names and the top amount for 50 + names.

The list MUST be to me by the date I have asked or no bonus is awarded. Also, (I learned this from Sara Philbin) that if I do not have their list by the date designated, I consider that they do not want to have their party. (If I am in touch with them, and there is a good reason, I may still hold it.)

This allows me to either reschedule another party or schedule my life instead of being stood up at the last minute (I understand emergencies may occur and that is not a problem). I do not send a packet out until I get their list back. I copy their list for them and if they want more invites to pass out I will provide them, but these do not count towards the bonus reward.

Here is an example of how well all of this works...
I had a past host call me for a party. She stated she wanted to have a big party.
She got her list back in time with 52 names on it.
I offered to make a reminder call to her guests usinig www.postcalls.com and she loved the idea.
I did the reminder call telling the guests what recipe we would sample, built excitement for the new products and if they couldn't attend, how they could still order.
The party went great. She wrapped up her party at $1,017. She was floored at how easy it was for her and how well she did. It was her best party ever and she was thrilled at all of the items she received.
I only received one booking, but that booking is going to use kit credit to sign up as a consultant!!
Because I am a director and also hit $4,000 in sales I make a total of 30% off the party. So I made $305.

I spent $20 for her reward of giving me lots of names on time (I actually only pay out of pocket..$9.80 (her 30% off brings my cost to $14.00 then I earn $4.20 off this because I earn 30% making my final cost $9.80)

I spent $12.48 for the postage on the invitatiions. I spent 20 cents per call for the post calls. I didn't make 52 but say I did...it would cost $10.40.

So other than the cost of of the catalogs, folder, paper for OOF and postage for the packet of $4.05... invested $32.68.

So that is an investment of 70 cents per guest. If her party was $800, which is still good in my eyes, I would have made $240.00 ...a $65.00 difference.

Rare are the occassions that I have sent out numerous host packets "hoping" that the host would send them out and call her people only to have the party be a flop and/or low sales.

I was uncomfortable at first and thought that maybe my hosts would view me as pushy, but when you make them feel that you want to help them get more free and reduced price products, they have no objections.

For me, it is worth the money to make sure that when I walk out that door I know that it will be worth the time. Do all shows work this well...the smaller the guest list, the smaller the party...and the smaller the investment into the party.

And as gravy...the added $ helped me earn TPC and the level 3 trip last year for the first time!!! TPC alone gives you an extra day on your trip, 250 free business cards, a ruby ring and $350 towards free paperwork!!!

Well worth my investment of 70 cents per guest!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tips Ann! I too send out the invites for my hosts and it has made a big difference! I may try some of your other ideas too.

Ann thanks for breaking this down so well. I'm one of those numbers people, so I like being able to see concrete information of how it has impacted your shows.

wow, thanks ann for the information...I am going to start ASAP.

I am, again, in a debt of thanks to the posters on this board

Misty

You are so very welcome! I am determined to help my team and others be able to acheive more in their business than I have in my first few years. My biggest hurdle was myself!! So take the plunge and see where it leads you! I forgot to mention....hosts do not get my guest list bonus unless their guest sales reach $500!!!! I had a host give me lots of names one time but only do $300 in sales. The best thing is, I recruited her twin sister and she is doing incredibly well!! She revealed that her sister didn't try very hard. I feel I give a lot as it is, the least the host can do is meet me even a quarter of the way!!:rolleyes:

So I understand it like this, please correct me if I'm wrong. Someone books a party, you send them a letter and 3 pages for names, address etc and then when you get this back you send them the host pack with what? catelogs, order forms and the specials? Then you mail out invites and make postcalls just before the show? Is that correct?

What I can't seem to understand for the life of me (and yes, I"m blonde although from a bottle - guess it SHOULD be natural LOL) is how you explain to the host that it's worth it for you to mail out the invites (most of my host's will only use the phone or personally hand the invites out) and how you get the host to write down all the info that they would already be putting on the invite themselves if they were to write it out. They're already writing out all the info except time and date, why not just do it themselves? I know why not, but how do you explain it? My hosts would be, nah, I'll skip all that work writing it out and just call and hand out myself, thanks anyway.

I sooooo want to try this but don't know how to word it/explain it properly. Also, what do you put in the host pack you give them afterward? Do you just give the letter and pages for guest info if they book at a show then mail pack when list received or do you do it differently if they book AT a show? And what does the letter you include with the guest list say?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just still confused. And after 2 years and at first many $1000 shows and now mostly $500 with no outside orders and low attendance I"d LOVE to try it.....IF I could figure it out!

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Yes, I am with Jodi, are you able to post the letter and the address pages you use?

thanks ann..i am sure this is going to bump me outta this slump

Misty

My answers are in magenta! I am screwing around at my other job and too lazy to answer any other way!!!
kcjodih said:
So I understand it like this, please correct me if I'm wrong. Someone books a party, you send them a letter and 3 pages for names, address etc and then when you get this back you send them the host pack with what? I send 5 catalogs with outside order forms in the centerfold and then I place 5 additional OOF in back of those. I also send them a copy of their guest list back. I keep the original. I also send them the specials, a wedding registry flyer and a choice of recipes. They may choose one recipe. All of the recipe choices are extremely quick recipes. I send the show planner with it. The catalogs, OOF's and the copy of their guest list is on the right hand side of their folder. Everything else is on the left, but I tuck it all in a recruiting brochure (it is a PC brochure, not sure which one, but it has the bonuses on the back page.)catelogs, order forms and the specials? Then you mail out invitesI mail these out 14 to 10 days before the party. and make postcalls just before the show?Yes, if the host has agreed to it and if she/he has supplied phone numbers for me. If she doesn't know a number, she can work on getting in touch with them. Is that correct?

What I can't seem to understand for the life of me (and yes, I"m blonde although from a bottle - guess it SHOULD be natural LOLMy haircolor is also from a bottle and it covers more grey hair than anything...so now I tell people that I am entitled to "blonde senior moments"!!) is how you explain to the host that it's worth it for you to mail out the invitesFor new hosts, you just tell them that you will send them a letter with...blah, blah, blah and that you will mail their invitations out on such and such a date. For those who have previously hosted parties for me, I explain that I have added a new and improved service for them to save them time and get them more free products! (most of my host's will only use the phoneIf they would like to personally call their guests and invite them IN ADDITION to the invitations, then that is wonderful. or personally hand the invites outI will ask them at the end how many extra invitations would she/he like to hand out to people. If they say all, reassure them that this is a service that you now provide to help hosts be able to get the most free products possible. If they object to giving out info, explain that it will only be used for the party. Explain that you will not use the phone number and other information for any other purpose than for her/his party.) and how you get the host to write down all the info that they would already be putting on the invite themselves if they were to write it out.Some consultants print the party info right onto the inviation. I print stickers and stick them onto the postcard. This saves them time and lets them concentrate on who to invite. If they have to write out all of that info, address them and pay for postage, they are more likely to stop at 10, 15 or 20 invitations They're already writing out all the info except time and date, why not just do it themselves? I know why not, but how do you explain it? My hosts would be, nah, I'll skip all that work writing it out and just call and hand out myself, thanks anyway.

I sooooo want to try this but don't know how to word it/explain it properly.Always explain that these are services that you provide. If they call their guests, they may be on the phone for 15 minutes each catching up with everyone, whereas, you can do a post call and the guest is on the phone 1 minute or less! Also, what do you put in the host pack you give them afterward? Do you just give the letter and pages for guest info if they book at a show then mail pack when list received or do you do it differently if they book AT a show?I do carry extra guest lists with me, but I usually send them only. And what does the letter you include with the guest list say?I am going to post this tonight when I get home. If I don't feel free to send me a private message to remind my senior blonde mind!!

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just still confusedPlease don't apologize. It has take me far too long to become more proactive.. And after 2 years and at first many $1000 shows and now mostly $500 with no outside orders and low attendance I"d LOVE to try it.....IF I could figure it out!Keep asking questions until you understand it. I was so tired of cancellations. I still get them, but they are usually emergencies. If they feel they can't get enough to attend, they will let you know 2 weeks in advance. Attendance may not pick up, however, outside orders will and this will help increase your show average.

Thanks for any help you can give :)
My pleasure!

I am intrigued by postcalls.com. Is it really worth it? Wouldn't it be cheaper for me too call from home?

hmm..

m

My director uses PostCalls and all you do it type in the phone numbers that you are calling online. then you call into a special number and enter a code. you record one message and then it calls all of your guests whose numbers you typed online. It saves you from having to call each person individually.

As for door prizes. I usually only give out two seasons best cookbooks. One to the host ~ passed around so her friends can sign it for her, and one for the prize drawing.[/QUOTE]

I give a "classic" season's best cookbook (a past season one that I have left over...) for the door prize. People have to host a show to get the new one.

I promote it as "You cannot buy this anymore, but you can win one now!"

mistym said:
I am intrigued by postcalls.com. Is it really worth it? Wouldn't it be cheaper for me too call from home?

hmm..

m
Misty,
It is so much quicker and the service keeps trying until it gets either a live person or an answering maching. I think that customers feel less intruded by this system. Someone also PM'd me and told me about a deal we can get for 7.5 cents instead of the almost 20 cents I paid.

I guess for me, it reassures me that the calls are getting made. If the host has something come up or if she starts chatting about things, she is less likely to call all on her list. I can guarantee that my one host would not have made 52 reminder calls. She doesn't have the time.

These are just methods some choose to use because others have found that they have made some difference in increasing their sales. I for one feel it is an insurance for me. The guests are intregued by the recipe choice and I talk up the new products (briefly) to create an interest. I try to put my best (but not fake) info-mercial voice into it to create excitement. It gives guests a teaser and lets them know they are in for a fun time. (I write a brief script out too before I record my message.) It serves as a good reminder too that if they can not make the show, how to order on my website (I explain it) or to call the host.

1. What is "Level Up Your Business with Don Funt's Training" all about?

"Level Up Your Business with Don Funt's Training" is a comprehensive training program designed to help Pampered Chef consultants take their business to the next level. It covers a wide range of topics including sales techniques, marketing strategies, and time management skills.

2. Who is Don Funt and why is his training beneficial for Pampered Chef consultants?

Don Funt is a highly successful business coach and consultant with years of experience in direct sales and network marketing. His training is specifically tailored for Pampered Chef consultants and provides valuable insights and tips to help them achieve success in their business.

3. How is this training different from other Pampered Chef training programs?

This training is unique because it is led by Don Funt himself, who has a proven track record of helping consultants achieve their business goals. It also covers a wide range of topics and provides practical, actionable advice that can be applied immediately to see results.

4. Is this training suitable for new consultants or only for experienced ones?

This training is beneficial for both new and experienced Pampered Chef consultants. It covers essential business skills and techniques that can help new consultants get off to a strong start, while also providing valuable insights for experienced consultants to take their business to the next level.

5. How can I participate in this training?

You can participate in this training by attending a live event or webinar, or by purchasing the training materials online. It is also recommended to connect with other consultants who have participated in the training for ongoing support and accountability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • etteluap70PC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • baychef