• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Effectively Managing Your Business with Franklin Covey Tips?

In summary, the author is lazy and expects things to fall into their lap, and is considering quitting hosting coach because of it.
Momma23boys
Silver Member
FYI:
Franklin Covey's site has a resource library of articles you can read and one had a downloadable quiz that would score your effectiveness... Seeing as how I have been moping about not having more than 3 (catty) shows this month~~ but yet still have not called anyone on my (daily) list... I can take a good guess at what my score would be...:eek:
*Calling myself out on being lazy and (somehow) expecting shows to fall into my lap* :eek:

Momma23boys said:
*Calling myself out on being lazy and (somehow) expecting shows to fall into my lap* :eek:

We all do this occassionally I think. I've had family problems since conference that's really put me in an awful slump. I just sit around moping and don't do my calls the way I should. My show avg before conference was $700+ and lately it's hovering just under $500. AND I KNOW IT'S ALL MY FAULT!! I just don't want to Host Coach! I know it's my job, but I just don't want to do it. I've only been doing 2 calls instead of 3 or 4 and I've not mailed out any Nancy's Postcards.

Plus, DH hates when I spend an hour or more on the phone doing calls after dinner. I suspect he just wants to relax and not help with the kids, but guess what!! I'm going to start setting aside time in the evening to do my calls and if the DH doesn't like it he can kiss my batootie!!!

DZmom said:
he can kiss my batootie!!!

Which... I might add... could lead to loads of fun and inspire you to work even harder for more kisses! Sorry.. .just couldn't resisit! Guess it's no wonder that I have 7 children! :)

Maybe I SHOULD make him mad tonight!!! I'd like Baby #3 to come along next Fall!

ewwww--- TMI!:D

Related to Are You Effectively Managing Your Business with Franklin Covey Tips?

What are some effective time management tips for business owners?

1. Create a prioritized to-do list: Make a list of tasks that need to be completed and rank them in order of importance.

2. Use a planner or calendar: Keep track of important deadlines and appointments to stay organized.

3. Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to delegate tasks to others to free up your time for more important tasks.

4. Avoid multitasking: Focus on one task at a time to increase productivity and prevent mistakes.

5. Take breaks and schedule downtime: It's important to take breaks and schedule time for yourself to avoid burnout and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

How can I effectively manage my email inbox?

1. Set aside specific times to check your email: Constantly checking your email can be a major time-waster. Instead, schedule specific times throughout the day to check and respond to emails.

2. Use filters and folders: Organize your emails into folders and set up filters to automatically sort incoming emails into the appropriate folders.

3. Unsubscribe from unnecessary emails: Take the time to unsubscribe from any emails that are no longer relevant or useful to you.

4. Keep your inbox clean: Don't let your inbox become overwhelming. Take the time to regularly delete or archive old emails.

5. Use email templates: If you frequently send similar emails, create templates to save time and ensure consistency in your responses.

What are some effective ways to increase productivity in the workplace?

1. Create a conducive work environment: Make sure your workspace is organized and free from distractions.

2. Set realistic goals and deadlines: Having clear goals and deadlines can help motivate you and keep you on track.

3. Take breaks: Taking short breaks throughout the day can help you stay focused and avoid burnout.

4. Use technology to your advantage: There are many productivity tools and apps available to help you stay organized and manage your time effectively.

5. Learn to say no: Don't take on more tasks than you can handle. Learn to say no and prioritize your workload.

How can I effectively manage my finances as a business owner?

1. Create a budget: Make a budget that outlines your income and expenses to help you stay on track financially.

2. Keep track of expenses: Keep track of all business expenses and receipts to accurately monitor your spending.

3. Set financial goals: Set realistic financial goals and regularly review your progress to stay motivated and on track.

4. Consider hiring a financial advisor: A financial advisor can help you make informed decisions and provide advice on managing your finances.

5. Regularly review and adjust your budget: As your business grows and changes, make sure to regularly review and adjust your budget accordingly.

What are some effective ways to improve communication with clients and colleagues?

1. Use clear and concise language: Avoid using jargon or technical terms that may be confusing to others.

2. Listen actively: When communicating, make sure to actively listen to the other person and respond appropriately.

3. Use different methods of communication: Different people may prefer different methods of communication, so be open to using email, phone calls, or in-person meetings to effectively communicate.

4. Clarify expectations: When working on a project or task with others, make sure to clarify expectations and deadlines to avoid misunderstandings.

5. Provide regular updates: Keep clients and colleagues informed of progress and any changes that may affect them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephgsl1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • wadesgirl