• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Tornadoes Just a Part of Life in Atlanta?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the fear and impact of thunderstorms and tornadoes in the suburbs of Atlanta. The speakers share their experiences and concerns about the ongoing severe weather and offer tips on how to comfort pets during storms. One speaker also mentions a successful business opportunity with a host who loves being a host. The conversation ends with a nostalgic memory of a beloved pet.
ChefLisa
I just hate thunderstorms, tornado watches and tornado warnings.

I live in the suburbs of Atlanta (40 miles north). Last night downtown Atlanta has a tornado for the first time ever. There was not even a watch and all of a sudden there was a warning and they were hit. Now more bad storms have moved into west Georgia. So far I think the worst of the weather will end of north of us, but that has been known to change.

UGH!!! We are just not in for a fun afternoon!!!

Lisa

Yeah we live in TN and are getting the second round of bad storms right now. Every time i turn on the radio the Georgia Dome is the highlight!!

I'm @ 35 miles South of downtown and we had lots of bad weather last night. We're okay, but my dogs are still upset. Found one hiding in the bathroom wedged between the toilet and the wall this morning! My sister and another good friend live downtown though - they are both fine and the damage missed them.

Hey Chef Lisa. Heads up, there's more coming toward Georgia. We had them all night and morning here in North Alabama. Maybe they won't be too bad. They were just loud here, not damage. Hey, do you know Melonie or Johnathan Goe? I just noticed the town where you live is the same one they live in.

ChefLisa said:
I just hate thunderstorms, tornado watches and tornado warnings.

I live in the suburbs of Atlanta (40 miles north). Last night downtown Atlanta has a tornado for the first time ever. There was not even a watch and all of a sudden there was a warning and they were hit. Now more bad storms have moved into west Georgia. So far I think the worst of the weather will end of north of us, but that has been known to change.

UGH!!! We are just not in for a fun afternoon!!!

Lisa

Stay safe guys!!!!Our dogs when I was young used to go to the basement and hide under a table. Comfort them and if you have a basement and a dog bed, take them down there, show them the spot and let them know they can lay there. They will still be scared but go there for comfort.

That weather is predicted to be here late this afternoon and into the evening and I have a 6pm show! The host says her people will not let that keep them away (right) and if the storm hits while we are there we'll just "hunker down". lol I almost wish she would have rescheduled - who knows we just may be doing this tomorrow instead?!

Good thing is she will have the sales though no matter what happens because she does call and follow up. She had someone email and say she wasn't coming after all and she responded by asking her to book a show! She has 2 more booking pretty firm already besides that. Last year she had 6 bookings because she wanted to fill out every line on the DYLAB form! I have offered the business to her and she has no interest but loves being a host - I'm glad she's mine!! :love: And yes I do reward her generously.

Funny you should mention this Janet. Last night around 3 am when it got so bad here, I got up and looked out back to see if it was really windy. I couldn't decide to get DS up and put him in our bed or just let him sleep. I turned on the back flood light and there is our yellow lab just running around with his tail between his legs. I couldn't help but laugh. He saw me and ran back to his house. He's so funny. He hates thunder.

janetupnorth said:
Stay safe guys!!!!

Our dogs when I was young used to go to the basement and hide under a table.

Comfort them and if you have a basement and a dog bed, take them down there, show them the spot and let them know they can lay there. They will still be scared but go there for comfort.

LOL - our sweet little Shih Tzu (we had to put her down last year at 17 yrs old) used to hide in the Dryer in the basement. We just knew when there was a storm, or fireworks for the 4th, to put a blanket in there for her....

I still miss that baby.

Aww, that's so cute. You reminded me of a little dog I had when I was a kid. Her name was sugar and she was a peekineese. (don't think i spelled that right). ANyways, she was an outside dog and my mom would put her in our detached garage when it was about to storm because she would literally climb up the fence to escape and we would have to tromp about the neighborhood lightening and all to find her up under someone's carport under a car in greese. Well, there was this one time that mom put her in the garage and when we went out to let her out, her head was stuck out the dryer vent on the outside of the building. (we kept our dryer out there). She has pulled the vent out and had tried to squeeze her little body through the hole. It was scary at the time but now it's funny thinking about her cute little head poking out that hole. We ended up calling the firedepartment and they came and cut her out. LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - our sweet little Shih Tzu (we had to put her down last year at 17 yrs old) used to hide in the Dryer in the basement. We just knew when there was a storm, or fireworks for the 4th, to put a blanket in there for her....

I still miss that baby.

Technology is just amazing. At 2:38 we saw on the news a huge hail storm was going to hit our direct area at 2:40. At 2:40, it did indeed hit. For three minutes we had the most amazing hail storm. An hour later there is still hail on the ground. The only damage we seemed to have received is a broken pane of glass in our bonus room.

We have been in the downstairs bathroom two times today and more seems to be on the way.

YUCK!

Good luck to all of you and hope all of you stay safe!!! I hope I never have to deal with tornadoes. I am not a thunderstorm lover (another story for another day) either.

It's been a very weird active weather pattern that hopefully will quiet down soon.

Related to Are Tornadoes Just a Part of Life in Atlanta?

1. How can I protect my Pampered Chef products during a storm?

It's important to store your products in a dry and secure location during bad weather. If you are expecting a storm, bring your products inside and keep them away from windows or areas that may be prone to leaks. If possible, cover your products with a tarp or plastic sheet to add an extra layer of protection.

2. Is it safe to use my Pampered Chef products during a power outage?

It is not recommended to use any electrical Pampered Chef products during a power outage. This includes products such as blenders, mixers, and food processors. However, you can still safely use non-electrical products such as knives, cookware, and bakeware.

3. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party during bad weather?

If you are hosting an in-person party, it's best to reschedule if there is inclement weather. However, you can still host a virtual party using our online platform. This allows your guests to shop and make purchases from the comfort of their own homes.

4. My Pampered Chef order was delayed due to bad weather. What can I do?

If your order has been delayed due to bad weather, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We will do our best to expedite your order and get it to you as soon as possible.

5. Will bad weather affect the quality of my Pampered Chef products?

In most cases, bad weather will not affect the quality of your Pampered Chef products. However, if you notice any damage or defects, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. We want to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase and will do our best to resolve any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tiffanypc05
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl