• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There Alternatives to Vinyl Crib Mattresses?

In summary, the person suggests using an egg shell as a mattress protector, and recommends investing in a high-quality mattress.
ChefKeender
Does anyone have a crib mattress that is NOT covered in vinyl? I've done a small amount of looking online, but most I've found (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) are the vinyl covered ones. Any others are covered in polyester/latex. They usually do not carry these in-store, so I have no way to really look at them. So, if anyone has one of these...what brand is it, and what you think of it? Thanks in advance!

Kindra

One leaky dipe and you'll have one stinky mattress. Go with vinyl.

go with vinyl and its easy clean up if there is a mess like Deb said. I always put down a pad (don't know what they are called just know my mom gave it to me, but its a baby pad of some sort sorry) and then the sheet so the baby doesn't hear the vinyl of at all when they move about. Plus if she did yuck then it was on the sheet and pad and not the mattress.

Good luck!

They make mattress pads for cribs too. Get a few of those, so when one one is being washed you have another.You can find them at babies r us.
I agree you need something between baby and the vinyl to keep them from sweating.

Definetly just get matress pads. You do NOT want a cloth mattress!
I had 2 matress pads so if one got messed up in the night (never fails) I had a spare to put on the bed.

I have a water proof matress pad. It is cloth on the up-side and the inside has the water proof in it. I got it at BabiesRus.

I saw a trick in a magazine I have done. Get two pads and two sheets. Put them both on the bed, like pad, sheet, pad, sheet. then when they get the one wet during the night you pull one off and have the 2nd left instead of having to change the whole bed at 2AM.

Thanks for all the advice. I have a vinyl mattress now, but I get the feeling that my 11-month old son does not find it very comfortable. He doesn't sleep well in his crib. I even have a piece of fleece under the sheet to make it softer. Maybe it's not the fact that it's vinyl, maybe it's because it's a lower priced mattress (a low-priced Serta I believe). Maybe I need to invest in a higher quality Sealy or something. Any recommendations?? Like I said before, you don't get to view much of a selection in stores...

Thanks!

I agree w/ everyone. Vinyl is the way to go. I brought my beautiful, precious, perfect angel girl home. Day 2 she pooped all over the mattress. We had to scrub it, I can not imagine if it was cloth!! Good luck!

ChefKeender said:
Thanks for all the advice. I have a vinyl mattress now, but I get the feeling that my 11-month old son does not find it very comfortable. He doesn't sleep well in his crib. I even have a piece of fleece under the sheet to make it softer. Maybe it's not the fact that it's vinyl, maybe it's because it's a lower priced mattress (a low-priced Serta I believe). Maybe I need to invest in a higher quality Sealy or something. Any recommendations?? Like I said before, you don't get to view much of a selection in stores...

Thanks!

I put one of the egg shell things on Luke's bed when he started to not like his mattress. That made it softer instead of the hard crib mattress feel that stores insists they sleep on.

Related to Are There Alternatives to Vinyl Crib Mattresses?

1. What materials are used to make the cloth-covered crib mattresses?

The cloth-covered crib mattresses from Pampered Chef are made with a soft and durable cotton fabric cover, a layer of comfortable foam, and a sturdy inner spring system for support.

2. Are the cloth-covered crib mattresses waterproof?

Yes, the cotton fabric cover of our crib mattresses is treated with a waterproofing agent to protect against spills and accidents. We recommend also using a waterproof mattress cover for added protection.

3. Can the cloth cover be removed for washing?

Yes, the cloth cover of our crib mattresses has a zipper closure, making it easy to remove for washing. We recommend following the care instructions on the label for best results.

4. Are the cloth-covered crib mattresses safe for infants?

Yes, our crib mattresses are designed with safety in mind. They meet all federal safety standards and are made without the use of harmful chemicals or materials.

5. What sizes are available for the cloth-covered crib mattresses?

Our crib mattresses come in standard size, measuring 52 inches in length and 28 inches in width. This size is suitable for most standard cribs and toddler beds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • Barry Carlton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies