• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are New Batter Bowl Covers More Decorative Than Functional?

In summary, the new covers are made of a softer material and will not be available to order on replacement parts until March 1st. They will also be made of the same material as the Trifle Bowl lid.
RMDave
Gold Member
Has anybody seen the new covers? How are they different? Hopefully you don't have to wrestle them to get a batter bowl covered.

They won't be available to order on replacement parts until March 1st.

new covers? I missed this but am thrilled to hear it. how are they different?

They'll be made of the same material as the Trifle Bowl lid

And for those of us who don't yet own the trifle bowl (I will tomorrow) how is the composition different?

The trifle bowl lid is much softer and more 'pliable' ...if that's the right description...as compared to the current batter bowl lids, which are pretty rigid.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the old lids over the new? I think the old ones were a better and more secure fit. The new ones seem to be loose.

My new one is quite loose as well.

I agree. I order the lids for the small and big bb and both are loose. I don't think with this new ones we can say they are air tight :(

ilovpc said:
I agree. I order the lids for the small and big bb and both are loose. I don't think with this new ones we can say they are air tight :(

The old ones were not air tight either and PC never claimed they were.

How do I know which I have? I got my kit at the beginning of August. It had summer and fall catalogs.

If they are anything like the protective cover for the pineapple slicer, they are purposely made a little big. After a few washes in the dishwasher, they shrink a bit and fit more snugly.

magentablue said:
How do I know which I have? I got my kit at the beginning of August. It had summer and fall catalogs.

They were introduced in March of this year, so you got the new one.

i hate the trifle bowl lid...... i wish it would actually stay on for transporting

vgmontes said:
i hate the trifle bowl lid...... i wish it would actually stay on for transporting

AGREED! Mine is ALWAYS falling off.

I have done the dry mixes in the batter bowls since they introduced the recipes in 03. Occasionally there were issues with the old lids arriving cracked. So they "upgraded the material." These lids don't stay on at all! If a batter bowl with cookie mix falls to its side the lid is off and ingredients are spilt. These lids are just like for decoration. They just lay/rest on top of the bowl. They don't "fit" the bowl. The old ones had a nice snug fit. I would store food in the fridge and freezer in them. I have made bowls with the celebration cookie mix that I have let sit in my cupboard for 14 months and then baked them and they were great! There is no way you could do that with these lids! What a bummer!

Related to Are New Batter Bowl Covers More Decorative Than Functional?

What are the new covers for batter bowls made of?

The new covers for batter bowls are made of high-quality, BPA-free plastic that is both durable and easy to clean.

Can the new covers fit on older Pampered Chef batter bowls?

Yes, the new covers are designed to fit on all sizes of Pampered Chef batter bowls, including the older models.

Are the new covers dishwasher safe?

Yes, the new covers are dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

Do the new covers have a seal to prevent spills?

Yes, the new covers feature a tight seal to prevent spills and keep your batter fresh.

Do you offer a warranty for the new covers?

Yes, the new covers come with a one-year warranty against any defects or issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smooz
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies