• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Are Bi-Monthly Meetings Still Effective for Busy Teams?

In summary, the person wrote that they agree with the idea of going to every other month, but they think that less and less people would put importance on it. They also think that if some people are willing to commit to it every month, keep on doing it this way, but if they're not willing or able to do that, they don't think it's worth it.
DebPC
Staff member
Does anyone do this? With emails and telephone calls inbetween. My meetings attendance is so poor- I think we do great meetings but everyone on my team is so busy and on a plateau business wise. They've put meetings on a low level priority lately.

I can relate with the low meeting attendance. I had my meeting last night and 4 rsvped yes... two came. The usual two... and one of them drives 45 minutes to get here. The other drives 10 minutes and honestly, I really think that if it took the one more than 10 minutes to get here, she wouldn't come. (Maybe... maybe not).

At one point I was really frustrated and disappointed with the low attendance but had to remember not to penalize those who did make the effort and came because they needed the help.

Last week I came up with an idea to do at the meeting and it worked really well. It would have been more dynamic with a larger group and both said they want to do it again when we have more people.

We did the "stretch" activity and then I passed out index cards. I had them write on the index card something they want to do in their biz in the next 30 days. No names on the cards, just the goal. (Well, with just 3 of us, we pretty much knew who's card was who's but I wanted to keep it anonymous). Then I read the goal out loud and we all brainstormed ways this consultant could make it happen. Everyone (including myself) received their card back with several ideas to take action on. It was fabulous. I think sometimes when we are in a rut, we don't know where to start on things and this was definitely true for one of them. When we could call out ideas, she would say, "I didn't think of that!" It was awesome and I can't wait to do it again.

With that, what was also great, is that it wasn't me solving their problems. Sometimes they come and say that they are struggling with something and they just want me to tell them how to fix it. And I'm trying NOT to do that! This way, everyone was solving the problem.

Also, it took pressure off of me... I suffered a mild concussion Sunday night and haven't been feeling very well. I didn't want to cancel the meeting because I knew the two who would come no matter what really needed it. So in the end it worked out great. Hope that helps a little even though I didn't really address the original question.

And in response to the original question, I wouldn't go to every other month personally because I think that if I make it easier for them NOT to come, they will NEVER come.

And in response to the original question, I wouldn't go to every other month personally because I think that if I make it easier for them NOT to come, they will NEVER come.

I agree. Going to every other month is one step away from not having meetings altogether.

My philosophy is you just have to keep doing what you're doing. The ones that want to come will come and you don't want to punish them because the rest of the group is unmotivated. I do a new consultant training once a month and sometimes we just have one new person there and sometimes we've had 10...your job is to offer the opportunity and support those who want it.

We do one cluster meeting and one separate new consultant training every month. Our attendance at the cluster meeting was the poorest it's ever been this past Monday. :( It's too bad because it was a really fun meeting! I hear you that some people just don't make it a priority. Since I started as a consultant over 5 years ago I think I've missed 2 maybe 3 cluster meetings. And I drive close to an hour to get there - always have. I know people get busy, but it's disappointing when there isn't much effort. And they don't RSVP!!! You'd think we'd be the most sensitive about that issue and lots never do. I pair up with another director to do meetings and thank goodness because I would probably have the same 2 or 3 coming every month if it was just me.

I think going every other month sounds good in theory, but I just think less and less people would put importance on it. I say if some people are willing to commit to it every month, keep on doing it this way. I just wish some of my new people would come to meetings!! This could truly make their business thrive. I can't complain too much because a brand new one did come on Monday (yay!) and several of mine do come pretty consistently every month. And they all drive quite a ways! I have a bunch out of state too and I just wish they were here to come to our meetings. Most don't go to hospitality directors' meetings even though I hook them up with them.

Oh well - enough babbling. I need to get some host packets out.:)

pamperedbecky said:
Our attendance at the cluster meeting was the poorest it's ever been this past Monday.

So was ours. I think the weather had something to do with it. As you remember, it was POURING rain!

DebbieJ said:
So was ours. I think the weather had something to do with it. As you remember, it was POURING rain!

Yes that's true about the rain. At least there weren't the major thunderstorms like there were during our cluster meeting last month!!

I think it was just a fluke...even BEFORE all that rain, many people had said they couldn't make it.

If it rains or snows, I know only half who rsvped yes will come.

For myself, if I have something that happens "every other______" I forget it every time because I can't remember if this is the "on" time or not.:rolleyes: Even if it is on my calendar!

Michelle

wdpmap said:
For myself, if I have something that happens "every other______" I forget it every time because I can't remember if this is the "on" time or not.:rolleyes: Even if it is on my calendar!

Michelle

I agree. My upline has every other week director calls and I'm always thinking I'm missing them on the off week and have a hard time remembering them on the on week. :yuck:

1. What are the benefits of having meetings every other month?

Having meetings every other month allows for a consistent schedule, giving team members ample time to prepare and plan for each meeting. It also allows for a balance between discussing important business matters and providing training and development opportunities for team members.

2. How long do the meetings typically last?

Meetings every other month typically last 1-2 hours, depending on the agenda and number of team members in attendance. This allows for enough time to cover important topics and also allows for open discussion and questions.

3. What topics are typically covered in these meetings?

The topics covered in meetings every other month vary, but can include reviewing sales and performance, discussing new product releases and promotions, providing training on new products or sales techniques, and recognizing and celebrating team members' achievements.

4. Are these meetings mandatory for all team members?

While we highly encourage all team members to attend meetings every other month, we understand that conflicts may arise. If a team member is unable to attend, we ask that they inform their team leader so that arrangements can be made for them to receive any important information that was discussed.

5. Can team members bring guests to these meetings?

Yes, team members are encouraged to bring guests to meetings every other month. This can include potential recruits, customers, or family and friends who are interested in learning more about Pampered Chef. Please inform your team leader in advance if you plan on bringing a guest so they can make appropriate accommodations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies