• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Bamboo Spoons Really That Special?

In summary, bamboo spoons are unique because they are made from a sustainable and renewable resource, and are naturally antimicrobial. They are safe to use on non-stick cookware, and can be easily cleaned and maintained by hand washing and occasional oiling. They are also durable and versatile, suitable for both cooking and serving.
mbh06
Silver Member
My cousin asked me why the bamboo was better than just wooden spoons. We read the write-up in the book. I was wondering if they really were that special??
Thanks!
Melissa

Benefits:

They are smooth
Don't stain
Bamboo is a renewable resource

I have had my bamboo spoons for at least 5 years... they look as good as new! And for the price??? Can't beat it!

~Jaye

Bamboo is also stronger than wood.

Like the others said....plus they don't crack!

They don't stain.
They don't split or crack.
They don't get slimey.
You can put them in the dishwasher.

These are the most frequent comments from guests to other guests at my shows. Most of them say they will never use another wooden spoon again. I always agree with them. Bamboo is truly better.

Thanks for starting this thread... this info is SO great!

I have a ton of wooden spoons and love them so now I am sold on the bamboo!!! But I will probably still use my other spoons until they crack, get yucky, etc. Thank you everyone!
Melissa

Its safe on your cookware, too!

bamboo doesn't harbor bacteria, the wooden ones that looked stained are holding onto bacteria
teresa

Ok, if they hold onto bacteria maybe I will get rid of my other wooden spoons... YUCK! That is why I will not use sponges, those things are a breeders paradise for bacteria, even if kept "clean".
Melissa

Teresa Lynn said:
bamboo doesn't harbor bacteria, the wooden ones that looked stained are holding onto bacteria
teresa
GROSS!!! I never knew that, but my old ones are going in the trash tonight!

well I must have gotten a bad set...two out of my three spoons have split and one of them got stained....

Related to Are Bamboo Spoons Really That Special?

1. What makes bamboo spoons different from other types of cooking utensils?

Bamboo spoons are unique because they are made from a sustainable and renewable resource. Bamboo is also naturally antimicrobial, making it a hygienic choice for cooking and serving food.

2. Are bamboo spoons safe to use on non-stick cookware?

Yes, bamboo spoons are safe to use on non-stick cookware. They are gentle on the surface and will not scratch or damage the non-stick coating.

3. How do I clean and maintain my bamboo spoons?

To clean your bamboo spoons, simply hand wash them with warm soapy water and dry them immediately. Avoid soaking them in water or putting them in the dishwasher, as this can cause the bamboo to warp or crack. To maintain their quality, you can also oil them occasionally with mineral oil.

4. Are bamboo spoons durable?

Yes, bamboo spoons are very durable and can withstand heat and daily use in the kitchen. They are also less likely to splinter or break compared to other types of wooden utensils.

5. Can I use bamboo spoons for both cooking and serving?

Absolutely! Bamboo spoons are versatile and can be used for both cooking and serving food. They are also a stylish addition to any kitchen and look great when used as serving spoons for salads, pasta, and more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kat29
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76