• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Approaching Parents of Classmates

In summary, Debbie does not have good terms with her current teacher, but she has other teachers that she is in contact with. She is considering hosting a party or doing a show to thank one of her teachers.
4kids4me
I am desperate for sales this month to get my 3rd super starter month incentive as well as the HWC products! Anyway, I was trying to figure out a way to approach my daughter's classmates' families. Does anyone have a suggestion for this? I dont' want to send home a flyer because, first I don't think I'm allowed to, and second, I"m not on great terms with the school and really don't want to ask favors, lol. I'm considering doing a Kids in the Kitchen cooking show, but would rather not have a bunch of 4yo in the house, lol! Open to suggestions! :) TIA

postcards from MerrilI am new as well and I am using the postcards that come from the Starter kit from Merril- it has 250 business cards, card holder, and 100 intro "guess what I discovered at... " postcards. The postcards say that you are starting your new business and can you help me by hosting a show. I am putting an address label on the card and writing - so an so's mom from 1st grade. The school directory is great for contacts. On the ones for the parents that arent in my childrens class - I put "Mable Rush Parent" (Mable Rush is the name of the school) So that they have an instant bond with me. I am not big on stamps but I figure at .17 cents each I 'll give this one a go. I did get a show off of them already. Also try the Parent group - mine isnt big on the fundraising because they can make 50% off many other programs so my 10- 15% isnt even considered. Good luck.

Thx for the tip - I dont' know if we have a school directory with addresses - I can send invitations for parties and such through the class, but I have no idea how I'd reach other parents. Need to check into that. Like I said, I'm no favorite at the school - I've been making too many waves trying to ensure the education my daughter deserves and all. Oh, btw, I have the same issue with the fundraiser %. They don't get that with the amount of sales, our 15% would probably come to close to the 50% they get with candles.
Thx for your input!

You may check to see if your school does fairs or carnivals. You can pay a minimal fee and set up a table sometimes. Ask the front office. Tell them you were thinking of ways you could support the PTA ;) I have had great luck at those. I always have Customer Survey cards they fill out for a door prize (usually a cookbook or equal value). Good luck!

I've caused a lot of grief for the school, and some embarassment for the principal (because she hasn't been doing her job, but Anyway...), so I'm reluctant to talk to the office. BUT, you gave me an idea - I can contact the President of the PTA and get involved that way. I think they do either a spring carnival or an end of the year fair. Thanks for the idea!

Bad terms with....Are you on bad terms with the teacher?

I was thinking of a teacher appreciaton party or for some member of the staff or PTA. You could have an appreciation party for that person at your home or at one of the parent's homes and then do a PC show giving this person the host benefits while introducing yourself to the parents and staff as a PC consultant.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
Are you on bad terms with the teacher?

I was thinking of a teacher appreciaton party or for some member of the staff or PTA. You could have an appreciation party for that person at your home or at one of the parent's homes and then do a PC show giving this person the host benefits while introducing yourself to the parents and staff as a PC consultant.

Debbie :D
well, I've stirred up enough grief at the school that the teacher avoids me. She's new, her first year. The only teacher in the room that corresponds with me or takes my calls is the SpEd teacher in there. (I don't understand that at all, but Anywho...). So doing a teacher appreciation party ain't happening this year with this bunch of teachers. So I need another approach. And hey, I'm not down on teachers - I taught for years before having children, and plan on going back when my twins are in school - 3 more years!!! Thanks for the idea tho - I totally would've been all over that last year at her private preschool! :)

On another note, did you realize that you can't earn the HWC products anymore? You should be trying to earn the Mid Season products. You can, however, purchase the HWC products on a supply order.

I think inviting them with their kids to your house is the most personal way to get their attention. You could set up stations in the garage or outside to keep your house clean. Feed everyone lunch (I'm assuming this is half-day preschool?) and build relationships. Knowing everyone by name will make them feel a desire to help you.

You can do a "Mommy and Me" Show that way you are inviting all the kids in her class.
You can also check with the Girlscouts or Boyscouts and see if they want to do a cooking show with the kids for their cooking badges.

I love the idea of approaching girl/boy scouts. Hadn't thought of that!! A girl I scrapbook with is involved with boyscouts - I'll have to talk to her tomorrow night.

Oh ya, I meant I want to earn the mid-season products, not HWC. My bad!

I planned on doing my cooking show with the classmates after school so dh would hopefully be home to help with my other 3 younger kids, and that way I can also extend the invitation to the moms at the bus stop that I see in the afternoon with kids that are in school all day.

Thx for the thoughts!!

Related to Approaching Parents of Classmates

1. How can I approach parents of my child's classmates without feeling awkward?

Approaching parents of your child's classmates can feel uncomfortable, but remember that you have a common connection through your children. Consider starting with a friendly greeting and introducing yourself. You can then ask about their child and share something positive about your child's interactions with them.

2. What is the best way to initiate a conversation with parents at school events?

School events such as parent-teacher conferences or school plays are great opportunities to strike up a conversation with other parents. You can start by asking about their child and what they enjoy about the event. You can also mention something positive about your own child's experience at the school.

3. How can I make sure I am approaching parents in a respectful manner?

When approaching parents of your child's classmates, it is important to be respectful and considerate. Avoid making assumptions or judgments about the parents or their child. Approach them with a positive attitude and try to find common ground.

4. Should I exchange contact information with parents of my child's classmates?

If you feel comfortable, exchanging contact information with parents can be a great way to stay connected and build a relationship. This can be especially helpful if your children have become friends and you want to plan playdates or activities outside of school.

5. What should I do if I am unable to find a way to connect with a particular parent?

If you are having trouble connecting with a specific parent, don't force it. Everyone has different schedules and comfort levels. It may be helpful to reach out to the teacher or school staff to see if they can facilitate an introduction or provide more information about the parent. Remember to respect boundaries and don't take it personally if a parent is not open to connecting at that time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
batterbowl
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies