• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Need a Roommate for Spring Launch in Baltimore?

In summary, the author is considering attending Spring Launch in Baltimore, but is unsure if she can do it due to the drive and the fact that she has other events scheduled for that day. She is looking for potential roommates.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Hi cheffers, I'm curious if anyone here is planning on attending this one? I would normally go to Hartford with my cluster as it's only 2 1/2 hr drive. However, my birthday is Feb 3rd and I have big birthday plans in town. It's silly but I feel since this will be last weekend birthday for a while I have to have one last crazy weekend before I'm too old for it! :p

Anyway Baltimore is about a 51/2 hour drive so a hotel is a must. I'm debating if I will do Friday and Saturday nights. As a 51/2 hour drive after launch will be daunting and having most of Sunday instead may be preferred. And the weather is very unpredictable.

So I'm looking for some potential roommates so I don't have to pay for my own hotel room.................... So if anyone can help me out please let me know! TIA

I'm going! I registered the other day! Who else is coming? :D

Katie - as someone who is from CT but living in MD for 20+ years, the drive from NY to MD on a Fri. night is going to be a bear. Just a little warning. It may be more convenient to stay in downtown Baltimore, but cheaper in Towson (easy drive from 695 down 83 to the Inner Harbor). HO got discounted rates at 2 hotels near the convention center. You may be able to do better on your own. There is also a Sheraton next to the convention center and a Holiday Inn a block away. Look for any kinds of discounts you can get.

We have a rockin' crowd in Balto. Usually about 800-1000 consultants there. Welcome!

Anyone else struggling with giving up an entire Saturday during product earning month to go to Spring Launch? Quite frankly, I'd rather hold 2 shows, earn $300-400 and be sure to get to the $6000 level. I went last year to Baltimore, as a fairly new consultant and did find it motivating and encouraging. But this year, unless they actually have training classes like at Conference, I'm not sure. Ugh. I guess I'll wait until I've filled my January calendar to see if I can do without shows that day.

IMO there are 3 other saturday's for me to fill. Knowledge is power and I think its good to 'take a break' and rejuvenate our brains. More so, get to network and spend time with our team members. I will have a new refreshed outlook which will most likely help me with those 3 other Saturdays. There's 30 'more' days in January that are available to help us earn our desired SAT levels.

Oh and I will be in B'More! ;)

How likely are you to get those potential shows on the 28th closed by the end of the month to count for Free for All? If a host is close to the next level, they're going to want to keep it open to see if they can get even more free product. You don't have to for quite a while. See how your bookings look and decide.

Becca_in_MD said:
Katie - as someone who is from CT but living in MD for 20+ years, the drive from NY to MD on a Fri. night is going to be a bear. Just a little warning. It may be more convenient to stay in downtown Baltimore, but cheaper in Towson (easy drive from 695 down 83 to the Inner Harbor). HO got discounted rates at 2 hotels near the convention center. You may be able to do better on your own. There is also a Sheraton next to the convention center and a Holiday Inn a block away. Look for any kinds of discounts you can get.

We have a rockin' crowd in Balto. Usually about 800-1000 consultants there. Welcome!

I know the drive will not be the most fun but I've driven to Pittsburgh in worse conditions and am hoping to be able to leave work by 2 or 3 and head straight from there on Friday.

I appreciate hotel tips I do intend to look at other options over PC options as they are definitely rarely the best deal. I will look into Towson as if I'm driving I'll have way to get there from there.

I'd still love some responses for anyone looking for roommates to curb the cost all around! :)

I'm registered for Baltimore! I'll be staying with my sister, I think.

I don't do shows on Saturdays, but even if I did, I would have NO PROBLEM giving up a Saturday to attend Spring Launch. It will do far more for your business in the long run than earning a few free products will. Just schedule the rest of your month accordingly! You won't be sorry!

Katie,
I am trying to get a van full to drive down on early Saturday am from central NJ (I have 6 openings...) My one consultant is a single parent so I know she isn't going to stay overnight. If you want to consider this, I can work with you off here. We are by exit 7 on the NJT

lkhartmann said:
Katie,
I am trying to get a van full to drive down on early Saturday am from central NJ (I have 6 openings...) My one consultant is a single parent so I know she isn't going to stay overnight. If you want to consider this, I can work with you off here. We are by exit 7 on the NJT

I may where about in Jersey are you? and how long is drive from there to Baltimore? I don't want to be so exhausted I don't get anything out of the training! :)

Just thought I'd let ya'll know I'll be in Baltimore! I've pretty much filled my calendar for January, only have a couple dates left and about 20 people to contact during booking blitz time so I'm confident I'll fill the last ones and much of February.

My biggest motivation though is that I will actually have team members there! Lead by example right? So I'm encouraging them all to go and I will be with them. I am now looking forward to it, and 2012.

I am going and registered. I have my room and all set. Can not wait..

The attendance goal is 1800, the largest of all the launch locations. Let's get that 100% so we get 6 free products.

I just registered last night..finally. I had been debating..we have my husband's kids that weekend..so he wasn't completely thrilled with me going..but..he finally gave it..I took a vacation day from work..which got approved yesterday..so I registered last night. I am so excited to go again.

I just registered for Baltimore.

I am a "recreational" consultant....I rarely hold shows, but do manage to hang on to my active status.

I'm looking forward to this meeting, and to see if I can get energized to take my business to the next level.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Katie,
We usually go to Hartford also but have decided to go to Maryland.....it's going to take us 5 1/2 hrs. also.
we'll be leaving from Oneonta area....

We might have room for 1 more b/c as of now I only have 3 going.

let me know if you're still looking :)
Anne

annew said:
Katie,
We usually go to Hartford also but have decided to go to Maryland.....it's going to take us 5 1/2 hrs. also.
we'll be leaving from Oneonta area....

We might have room for 1 more b/c as of now I only have 3 going.

let me know if you're still looking :)
Anne

:eek:I need a room for Baltimore! Anne, did you get a message from MB Knowles? I can ride down w/her, but I need a room! Let me know if you still have a bed available!

SonyaVerrillo said:
:eek:I need a room for Baltimore! Anne, did you get a message from MB Knowles? I can ride down w/her, but I need a room! Let me know if you still have a bed available!

I did get an email from her just a little bit ago :)
I just have 1 more consultant to check with tonight & I'll know for sure.....I'll keep you posted :)

1. What is Spring Launch Baltimore Md?

Spring Launch Baltimore Md is an annual event held in Baltimore, Maryland that celebrates the start of the spring season. It features various activities, performances, and vendors to welcome the warmer weather and promote community engagement.

2. When is Spring Launch Baltimore Md?

The date for Spring Launch Baltimore Md varies each year, but it typically takes place in late March or early April. The exact date can be found on the official event website or through local event listings.

3. Where is Spring Launch Baltimore Md held?

Spring Launch Baltimore Md is held in Baltimore, Maryland. The specific location may change each year, but it is typically held in a popular park or public space in the city.

4. How can I participate in Spring Launch Baltimore Md?

There are various ways to participate in Spring Launch Baltimore Md. You can attend as a spectator and enjoy the activities and performances, or you can become a vendor and sell your products or services. Additionally, there may be opportunities to volunteer or sponsor the event.

5. Is there an admission fee for Spring Launch Baltimore Md?

Typically, there is no admission fee for Spring Launch Baltimore Md. However, some vendors or activities may have their own fees. It is recommended to bring some spending money if you plan on purchasing anything at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • cmdtrgd