• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Made the Quick Rice Pudding?

In summary, there is a recipe for a creamy rice pudding that can be made in the Rice Cooker Plus. It includes uncooked rice, water, salt, milk, half and half, instant pudding mix, cinnamon, and optional raisins. It is important to follow the recipe exactly, use the correct rice cooker setting, and potentially add a small amount of liquid to ensure proper cooking.
raroll
Hi guys- has anyone successfully made the quick rice pudding in the rice cooker plus? I have a customer that made it and it melted her rice cooker! I dont have a rice cooker yet to try out the recipe but I noticed that it has NO LIQUID in the recipe. Just wondering if anyone has made it or has any advice on it. Thanks!

Here is the recipe. With the liquid.

The Pampered Chef ®
Creamy Rice Pudding
Recipe
3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
1 pkg (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cooking times. Allow rice to stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Whisk.
Remove rice cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: Rice puddings should have a creamy, milky texture which is accomplished by cooking the rice slowly. Cooking rice in our Rice Cooker Plus keeps the grains of rice separate and prevents overcooking. Rice should be cooked until “al dente” or until a little firm to the bite

Hey there! I haven't personally tried making the quick rice pudding in the rice cooker plus, but I have some tips that might help. First of all, make sure to follow the recipe exactly and double check all the ingredients and measurements. It's possible that the customer who had their rice cooker melt accidentally added too much of something, causing it to overheat. Also, some rice cookers have different settings for different types of rice, so it's important to make sure you're using the right one for the recipe. If you're unsure, you can always consult the manual or do a quick online search for the best setting to use. As for the lack of liquid in the recipe, it's possible that the rice cooker plus is designed to work with less liquid than a traditional rice cooker. But just to be safe, you can always add a small amount of liquid (maybe a few tablespoons of milk or water) to the mixture before cooking, just to ensure there's enough moisture for the rice to cook properly. I hope this helps and good luck with your rice pudding experiment! Let us know how it turns out.

1. How long does it take to make the Quick Rice Pudding?

The Quick Rice Pudding recipe only takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish.

2. Can I use any type of rice for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of white rice for this recipe. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of rice used.

3. Can I use dairy-free milk for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, including dairy-free alternatives. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar used to your taste, as some milk alternatives may be sweeter than others.

4. Can I make this recipe in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the Quick Rice Pudding in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop, stirring occasionally until heated through.

5. Can I add other ingredients to this recipe?

Yes, you can add various mix-ins to this recipe to customize it to your liking. Some popular options include raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and even chocolate chips. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and other ingredients accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
Replies
Views
chefdoreen
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies