• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Get a Negative Reaction to the Interactive Format?

interesting. Some guests enjoyed it and got to try the tools out, while others were more put out that they had to do all the work. I personally like the new format because it's less pressure for me. I'm out of there in three hours instead of four. It's also great to get hands on experience for the guests. There's a possibility that it's in the way you present it to them. It starts with host coaching. Let the host know that they and the guests will be "playing" with the tools and making the food. Talk it up as it is so fun. Make sure the host tells the guests about it BEFORE the show. At the show, coach the host to have them come in
katiemoser
Did anyone else get a negative reaction to the interactive format? I did a show last night (one pot creamy pasta) and the guests seemd "put out" that THEY had to do "all the work."

I like the interactive format b/c it's less pressure on me to "perform." I was always nervous about my presentation, but I don't want to make people feel put upon!

I asked the hostess at the end, which style did she prefer, because she had been to 2 of my previous shows in the old format. She said she liked the old way better and that some of the guests had made comments about having to "do all the work!"

What the heck?!

Katie:confused:

You could make a point to offer either way to your host. I like it because it takes less time for me. I'm out of there in 3 hours instead of 4. It's also great to get hands on experience for the guests.

There is a possibility that it is in the way you present it to them. It starts with host coaching. Let the host know that s/he and the guests will be "playing" with the tools and making the food. Talk it up as it is so fun. Make sure s/he tells the guests about it BEFORE the show. At the show, coach the host to have them come in, drop their stuff, wash their hands and come "play" with the tools. I also present it as "these are all mine, and I get to play with them at home every day. Tonight you get to play with them and get to experience, first hand, how these tools work, and how they make cooking fast, easy and fun." You'll still have people who don't want to do it, so ask them to help with people who are coming in late or to keep the group on task with the recipe. I have always done somewhat interactive shows, but I like the format of working around the kitchen table after moving the chairs to the living room for a shopping area.

I'm curious as to what others have to say about this as well. I personally love the new format and think it works way better with my personality. I do remember however back when I firsted started my biz just over a year ago that someone said something similar. She said " the consultant came over and made us do the cooking!" I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I think she was doing the interactive show.

I also feel that you are never going to please all the people all the time. I'm sure that there were people complaining with the older format that it was too boring, or not interactive enough. I think we have to go with what makes us feel comfortable, unless of course we have lots of negative comments, then we need to look at doing something different.

I do still work with my guests. I was taking stuff back and forth between the microwave tonight and giving easy tasks for the host's daughter to help. I also introduced the show as a new way PC was trying to get the tools in the guest's hands instead of watching me do everything. Everyone tonight seemed to have a great time.

Yes, I did work alongside them and tried to play up the, "you get to try these out yourselves and see how great they work" angle.

I think that they had previously been to a lot of PC shows in the past and just had an expectation set up when they came in the door.

The kitchen layout makes a big difference, too. This kitchen was narrow and not real people friendly, so people kept migrating out to the LR to get some breathing room. (I kept walking out and giving updates like "now I'm pouring in the chicken stock" it was kind of like a comedy routine, really!)

I did one a few weeks ago in a dream kitchen with a big center island. And everyone there seemed to enjoy themselves.

I guess I was just surprised last night and wondered what the consensus was with other customers out there...

Thanks for the feedback!

:D

Katie

You could have just had an off crowd! I joke with them that I'm holding the catalogs hostage until we get done with the recipe. I will not put out the catalogs until we all go to the other room.

InteractiveI had one customer complain that she wanted to be Pampered!!!! I told her I was trying out a new format and I'd be happy to Pamper her at her own show.

It was a no go. I had to ask.

I have been doing a quasi interactive show since I started. I do most of the work and heavily involve the guest. I play it by ear at each show, depending on the kitchen set up and how I feel the crowd is responding. I have had shows where there are disabled people, too many people to fit into and work in the kitchen together etc. In that case I ask for volunteers and work with the situation. I think flexibility is the key to making it fun and interactive, even if not all of the guests are involved all the time.

I did one a few weeks ago in a dream kitchen with a big center island.

Interactive shows are easier with this kind of setup, but a coffee table in a living room works, too.

At my last show I could tell a gal was getting tired of grating cheese so I asked if someone else wanted to try the mandoline. Nobody offered, so I finished.

I've found most people want to try the new tools themselves. Someone who already has a food chopper isn't going to jump up and want to try it, though.

I have done 3 with the interactive format and had negative responses to all of them. I got lots of bookings (2, 3, and 5 each show) "as long as I did my Regular show". I had comments on "I already cooked dinner tonight", "I just want to sit and watch", "isnt the health board going to have a problem with this", and "is she insured if someone cuts themselves on this thing?" These shows were with three very different crowds, and no one knew anyone from the other circles. Two were from repeat crowds that have been customers of mine for years, and one was from a totally new circle to me. I don't know what to make of it. I did have a conversation with my director and with HO about it, but that is the topic of another- rather ugly- thread that I won't start because that is not a positive relationship.
I have always invited guests to try things, and many do. I have always offered my tools for guests to try as they wished to, and many do. I don't think my show is lecture like, and its not overly long- certainly within the 40-60 minute range. I have opted to leave the interactive show for others. It really doesn't suit my style in the slightest. Maybe I will change my mind as the format becomes refined and perfected by others, but I am not really comfortable with being a guinea pig at this point in my biz.

(jmho- slam free please- i am tender and cry easily)

Alison, it's okay to not like the interactive shows. You have to do what works for YOU. After all, it's YOUR business! :)

I've done 2 interactive and had great results. More bookings and sold alot of tools used in the recipe. The BIG bonus for me is they are focused on the tools & what WE are saying about them. I let them start talking & I interject as needed. I was tending to lose them or have to try to talk over them. This way I am more in control of the show. I have set the kitchen table with mini-stations and have one volunteer at a time. Each participant gets to choose something from my goody-bag. I also hold the cattys hostage until the recipe is in the oven or they are eating and then I do my spiel on the collections (stones, cookware, SA, scrapers), offer the opportunity and host benefits.

I keep forgetting to do the drawing & all the info is on the lists I get before I send the invites anyway. At checkout I get phone, email & ask about hosting, joining, etc. I tell them I need the info for the computer.

I'm loving this way more since I invested in a laptop & started doing the interactive.

I had my first interactive show 2 weeks ago, it was sooo much fun!! It was probably the most fun I had at one of my shows in a really long time!!! I presented it as a hey we came up with this great idea that gives you more time to do what you love, chat and have a great PC recipe to try!! We went through the recipe stations and talked about what they needed to do and the tools involved. (I didn't have individuals it was a group effort) This was good because the guests were interjecting with their I have this and love it or I have that and I never use it. So I was able to give them several ways they could be using this tool that they have etc... Now not everyone wanted to do something, so a couple of the other guests and I filled in where needed. As for quicker, I stayed and chatted with everyone and still was there 3.5 hours, I was home by 10:20......way early for me!!!

I do agree that it should be a choice. My director offers a Classic show, I will do a demo or a Fun, hands on interactive show.

Don't lose heart, this too will need to take getting used to and fine tuning, but it's great knowing that you can choose whichever works best for you and your business!!!

I am setting up my shows on the kitchen island, the dining room table, the kitchen table , etc. I start by letting people know that I am doing things a bit different and would like them to come up and help with the recipe. Where else would let you TRY the kitchen tools before you buy them? Then I joke, you would probably be kicked out of the store if you used their knives to cut up some food to see how well that knife worked and if it was worth the price!

I set up stations around the tool turn about which is in the center of the table. Sometimes I get takers and sometimes not. I am hesitant to force people into doing hands on if they do not wish to do so. I believe that this will be like most times I have changed something major in my party. It takes everyone, including me, to warm up to the change and feel comfortable.

I have one friend who I throw things past from time to time. I mentioned the washing dishes post we had a while back (offer a gift to someone who will wash your dishes was mentioned). She said she feels like more and more of "these companies" are putting more and more work on the hosts and guests.She used to sell Tupperware way back when (like in the 70's and early 80's) and she's been to her fair share of at-home parties. She really feels like the companies and the consultants are doing less and less work, and that bothers her a lot. Assuming other people also feel that way, I can really see how some people would feel that they were doing our job.
I fully understand the point of the interactive show, but I can definitely see their point.

I don't present it as work, I offer to let them play with my toys. Afterall, my mother taught me to share and that's what I do. I don't push anyone who is reluctant, but do dangle a carrot for those who choose to "play"(choosing from my goody bag). I spend way less time at my shows. Yeah, it costs a few bucks & have only done two, but have had very positive feedback. Its the first time I have had active listening going on & I'm liking it.:sing:

In my goody bag are citrus peelers, recipe cards, SB, etc.

I leave it as an option. At my show on Friday, I offered folks to try things as the recipe progressed. They had is set up in a way that folks sat and I stood and demoed but I had one girl come and use the forged knife and she gushed about it (unfortunately didn't buy one but she may remember how nice it was for next time!)... I also open a can and hand it around with the opener... I think some folks are 'shy' and don't want to come up and do something 'wrong' in front of their friends... so I don't pressure anyone... if they want to come up, that's great, otherwise I just keep on keepin' on

I've done a few of the interactive shows, and I have to admit, I'm with Alison (Friday). It's just not my style - the flow's not there, a lot of the guests don't want to help. I asked my last host, who does shows with me every 6 months, and she agreed - my old way was better.

So I'm going back to my old style(s) - I offer no cook shows or demo shows with most of the recipe done. It's what has been successful for me. I know the interactive shows are supposed to help cut down on time but it didn't do that for me (I'm done within 40 minutes to an hour depending on the crowd). For me, I think the guests like sitting down and relaxing, watching me do my thing. I interject lots of tips and funny stories, and it at least LOOKS like people are listening. I bring along potatoes and carrots and always offer the guests the opportunity to play. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Even though it's not for me, I think the interactive show is another great tool that PC has given us, and if you haven't tried it, at least do so. You may be surprised and find that it works really well for you. I love listening to the CDs because sometimes I'll hear a line that may sound good when the presenter uses it, but would come out just absolutely corny if I said it. Find your style and run with it (but don't be afraid to try new things).

I felt the interactive show took me a lot longer like many of you have comented. I also feel like people want to come and sit down after a long day at work, home, etc. That's why I'll continue to do shows like Jillian. I offer people to come up and try and I usually do get at least one per show. I am always passing around products for people to touch and look at. I also always tell them to come up after I'm done and play with or look at any of my tools. I usually have customers there that do a lot of the selling for me. They have many of the products and they talk about their favorites. I can talk until I'm blue in the face and they won't believe me, but they will believe other guests. I almost feel like I should hire a guest to place in the audience to sell stuff for me:)!! Maybe there's a new idea!!!

If the layout of the room/house plays into the interactive show I'll still do it if I discuss it w/the host first.

dianevill said:
I've done a few of the interactive shows, and I have to admit, I'm with Alison (Friday). It's just not my style - the flow's not there, a lot of the guests don't want to help. I asked my last host, who does shows with me every 6 months, and she agreed - my old way was better.

So I'm going back to my old style(s) - I offer no cook shows or demo shows with most of the recipe done. It's what has been successful for me. I know the interactive shows are supposed to help cut down on time but it didn't do that for me (I'm done within 40 minutes to an hour depending on the crowd). For me, I think the guests like sitting down and relaxing, watching me do my thing. I interject lots of tips and funny stories, and it at least LOOKS like people are listening. I bring along potatoes and carrots and always offer the guests the opportunity to play. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Even though it's not for me, I think the interactive show is another great tool that PC has given us, and if you haven't tried it, at least do so. You may be surprised and find that it works really well for you. I love listening to the CDs because sometimes I'll hear a line that may sound good when the presenter uses it, but would come out just absolutely corny if I said it. Find your style and run with it (but don't be afraid to try new things).

This is the very best advice!

One thing I do so that the interactive shows are quick and easy, and people aren't standing around a table for an hour, is that I still do a lot of prep work. So, on Sat, when we were doing the Brunch Pizza, I had the pepper, tomato, ham & onion all prepped, and partially done, and then guests just got to TRY the tools - not do the whole thing. I had the hashbrowns, eggs, and spices in a bowl, and just had someone stir and spread in the bar pan, and I had the eggs all cracked and in a bowl, and had someone stir, and then scramble on the stove. It all came together very quickly, and then, everyone sat with guest folders, while I went over my usual spiel.....

ChefBeckyD said:
This is the very best advice!

One thing I do so that the interactive shows are quick and easy, and people aren't standing around a table for an hour, is that I still do a lot of prep work. So, on Sat, when we were doing the Brunch Pizza, I had the pepper, tomato, ham & onion all prepped, and partially done, and then guests just got to TRY the tools - not do the whole thing. I had the hashbrowns, eggs, and spices in a bowl, and just had someone stir and spread in the bar pan, and I had the eggs all cracked and in a bowl, and had someone stir, and then scramble on the stove. It all came together very quickly, and then, everyone sat with guest folders, while I went over my usual spiel.....

Becky...this may be what I need to do! I was glad to skip pre-prep at my few interactive shows, but I did NOT cut down on my demo time. (Plus one was a power cooking show...so basically three recipes.) Perhaps doing my "normal" pre-prep will help out so the guests don't feel like they are doing all the work, but still get to play with the products!

The show I did last Monday I thought I would try the interactive show. Told the host to have everyone wash their hands as I was trying a new format and wanted to get the guest to interact with the tools and help with the recipe.
Well she never told anyone to wash their hands. When I told them at the beginning of the show it was going to be more of an interactive show and I wanted them to help with the recipe they all looked at me like I had three eyes! Then I started the recipe on mine own and asked if anyone wanted to try any of the products I was using and I got two people to come up to try it out from like 9 people!
I did have bookings, one that booked told me she didn't want to do a show like tonight, her friends wouldn't feel comfortable coming up in front to work with the tools!

I will try this format again, and talk with my next host about it a little more then I did my last. But I think its a great way to get guests to try the products and fall in love with them:love: !!!

Kelly V.

I have had some negative reaction, but for the most part it has been positive.

I found that I must have the hostess get the guests involved if the crowd is large or it is like pulling teeth to get them involved. I also found that ithe show can get loud out of control. The last thing I want to do is shush someone. I work through it, smile and complete what I need. Then move on to the catalog portion of the show ASAP!

I didn't really like the way it felt at any of the three shows I did interactively, but I had two bookings at one and three at the other. The one in between I didn't get any bookings but one of the guests was an upcoming host. She really liked it and wanted to do the same type of thing with her recipe at her show. When looking at the guests, some of them look like they do not want to do this. Others are good actors and go along with me. Others really want to do it. I think it's chaotic and I don't get to talk about the tools while only one person is actually using the tool. I really feel out of control. I'll try it tomorrow night again and see what I think. I have some changes to try and I'll share what happens.

I did one show like this recently but the guests mostly felt obligated to help out and I don't think it really sold anything more. What I did like is the idea of handing out the catalogues last and going into the hosting and opportunity at that time. It seemed to just flow better and people are paying more attention to the demo. Maybe next time I'll just put more emphasis on asking who would like to try something out as opposed to a full on interactive show.
Jessica

There was one guest at my show today who complained about it. She came in late (about halfway through the recipe) and when I said that everyone was helping, she said that, "I already cooked dinner today. I don't want to do it again." I didn't acknowledge her statement. Everyone else was having fun playing by that time.

I was thinking if we have someone who obviously doesn't want to help with prep, maybe that person could keep us on track with the recipe. I do feel like It's so annoying when I have to keep looking back at the directions. If I would make the same things every show, it would be easier. But, I am always switching it up.

chefann said:
There was one guest at my show today who complained about it. She came in late (about halfway through the recipe) and when I said that everyone was helping, she said that, "I already cooked dinner today. I don't want to do it again." I didn't acknowledge her statement. Everyone else was having fun playing by that time.

Yikes! I guess if there are a lot of guests, you can tell them some can watch and some can help. Not everyone will want to try, but others will be eager to.

I like the interactive format, b/c I think it suits my style as well, but I was really ready for a change to my show. It was feeling "stale" and things that used to work well for me weren't working anymore. These interactive shows came along at a good time for me. I plan to discuss it with my hosts first and let her know it 'll be quick, easy and fun, and over sooner than normal so that everyone can relax and have fun together.

If you think about other DS parties, the boring ones are when people just talk "at you" and you just sit there and watch. I don't want to be one of those parties. The fun ones I remember are the ones where we got involved (Party Gals comes to mind - whoa, those parties can be over the top!). Anyway, I want people walking away thinking they had a good time, learned some new things, and are excited about getting their new products.

JAE said:
I was thinking if we have someone who obviously doesn't want to help with prep, maybe that person could keep us on track with the recipe. I do feel like It's so annoying when I have to keep looking back at the directions. If I would make the same things every show, it would be easier. But, I am always switching it up.

Great idea, Jae! Recipe Director! :)

Wow! Great discussionThanks for the replies. I guess you just have to talk to your host and take it from there. I think I'm going to try to make up some combination of a little interactive and a little of the old format and see if I can come up with a compromise that both keeps the time down and makes it look easy to be a consultant, while still talking up the products.

I appreciate all those that took the time to respond to this thread.

Go Cheffers!

:D
Katie

I don't think the interactive show if for me either. I think I sell more when I demonstrate, because I am comfortable with the tools and can make them look easier than if someone who has never used them can. I am a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl though. You really have to read the crowd. I had a show last week and tried the interactive show. I only had 2 people help out of the 12 that were there. Then when I went to the living room to do a little presentation, they all seemed annoyed that I was doing that!

It's not really for me either... I am taking any help from those who come early and ask if they can do anything... but I'm pretty much back to my semi-interactive format from before... I get them talking alot... I got major complaints when I tried the new format and like others here have stated... got bookings but with the request for not doing it this new way... I'm glad it is encouraged because different ideas work for differents consultants! :)

I guess I had much of the same response. I don't even attempt or mention an interactive show if there are more than 8 guests coming. It is just too chaotic. I do want to make sure that the guests learn about the products and tips and things, but with 10 women in the kitchen working on a recipe it is like being....well in a kitchen with 10 women! Thay are all talking to each other. Not neccessarily about PC and I'm trying to guide them along. YUCK! With a smaller group I will definitely go interactive, but with a larger group no way!

I too don't do these kinds of shows. A lot of people are uncomfortable getting up in front of people. I did in the past and people were not happy with them so I stopped.

I love the interactive show style. I was a teacher before I became a Mom and I have been home with the kids for the last 5 years. I guess the teacher part of me is into the hands on style of the shows. I think because everyone is around the table or island or demo area, noone feels like they are in the spotlight.
I want them to realize how user friendly they are right there at the show, so they won't be afraid to buy the products.
It is interesting to see all the points of view about the new format. It will be interesting to see this post in a few months. To see if the ones who aren't impressed with the new style have changed their opinion at all or if it still isn't for them.

I have done 8 interactive shows now and all of them have gone great except for this past Friday. It was like pulling teeth to try and get people to come up and join in. Usually I have everyone standing all around and they all just join in doing different things. This time they all sat down and were like, no thanks I'll just watch. I didn't even have a volunteer to read the recipe!! So, I think you will just always have those crowds that would rather just sit there and watch and that is o.k. I personally prefer the interactive show b/c it takes all the pressure off of me and makes me feel like it's o.k. if I don't tell them every little detail of a product b/c it will sell itself. But, I agree that you have to do what feels right for you!!

climbercanoe3 said:
I love the interactive show style. I was a teacher before I became a Mom and I have been home with the kids for the last 5 years. I guess the teacher part of me is into the hands on style of the shows. I think because everyone is around the table or island or demo area, noone feels like they are in the spotlight.
I want them to realize how user friendly they are right there at the show, so they won't be afraid to buy the products.
It is interesting to see all the points of view about the new format. It will be interesting to see this post in a few months. To see if the ones who aren't impressed with the new style have changed their opinion at all or if it still isn't for them.

I think it's because of the teacher part of me that I am enjoying this format so much too - and have to agree with the part I bolded. When I have done these shows, I haven't put anyone on stage, everyone is just standing around doing it together......at my show on Saturday, people were actually saying things like "Oh, can I try that now", and "Hey, Cindy, why don't you try this now...." because everyone was just standing around the island doing it together. There were a couple who just sat and watched, but they were still asking questions and watching what everyone else was doing - and they both said they had a good time at checkout - and both booked.

I try to put myself into my guests' shoes (and even into my own shoes when I'm a guest at shows). What I mean is that I really don't like the spotlight. When I go to shows as a guest and we go around the room and do introductions, I hate talking! I get all nervous as it's building up to my turn to talk. I know that sounds stupid, because I love getting up at my own shows and talking about PC, and I used to be a trainer for analytical instrumentation and do 3 day training sessions, but I think it's because I was/am comfortable with what I'm talking about.

If I didn't know our products and someone handed me the Ultimate Mandoline and told me to demo in front of a bunch of people, some of whom I have no clue who they are, I'd be very nervous and manage a way to slice off my finger.

I try to keep that in mind at my shows - I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable- I KNOW I'm not the only one that gets nervous talking in front of others, and even just doing introductions at my shows I can tell who's like me in the audience. Then to really put them in the spotlight...not so much. I'd hate for them to regret coming to my show.

Going back to my earlier post, you have to find what works for you, the host, and the crowd (but still be open to at least try new things).

I did my 2nd interactive show on Saturday. I like it but I learn things every time. I need to do more prep work. I think those that tried the tools liked getting "hands on" but I do not think they liked standing arround the kitchen table for 30 minutes! I felt it all went well we did power cooking, I felt like I was having the host help more than I should have (again need to do More prep). I was pleased that it was only an hr from the time we started cooking till I was done talking. Taking orders took another 1/2 hr. I do not feel I was at the hosts home any shorter time (bummer!) I am still there 3-3 1/2 hrs.

I will keep offering this show and keep working with my hosts to make it fun for them.

P.S. as far as I know there were no complaints. (no real bookings either or recruit leads.) I asked everyone and got VERRY negative reactions to hosting. All had bad experiences or No way I do NOT know enought people. I never had so many people have bad attitudes about hosting! I kept a smile on my face said I understand and would love to work with them if they ever change their minds....

when I did my interactive, everyone worked at the same time, so it was simultaneous. Maybe for me having 4 kids allows me to understand all that going on at once, who knows!! My executive does interactives with recipes they can make themselves, like stuffed tortilla's or panini's etc. She takes them 4 at a time so they can make their meal. This allows her to have individual time with smaller groups and it allows those waiting for their turn to chat and enjoy each other's company. I too have done a panini show with a group I had done many shows with, they loved it and so did I, it was just a nice change of pace.

I think your host would have a good feel for the guests s/he is inviting to let you know which show type s/he would prefer....

Good luck to you!!

I had two interactive last weekend. The first one was great. People got involved and seemed to really have a good time. Everyone commented on how this was the best show they had ever been to. Then the next day it was like night and day difference. They were totally opposed to the concept. I tried to stay positive and do most of the demo and a few people reluctantly got involved. I am glad I had both experiences because it was really eye-opening. I love the concept so I am going to keep offering this option. I think the host really selling the concept to the guests is important.

I've only done one and it went great and I'm going to try it again. Before my show everyone was standing around the counter checking out the tools. I tried to notice who was interested in what and asked them if they wanted to try it before they considered ordering it.
Bobby

I have done a few now and have had very good feedback but it does get very hectic. And I feel like I don't get to talk about as many products or benefits. This is fine when the guests have been to PC shows before, but new people don't get as much from it.

My last one got kind of hectic...I usually divide them into two groups and have each group do a recipe. We did the chicken clubhouse squares and the girl that was helping just jumped into it and started doing things and nobody read the recipe right. We ended up having to make adjustments to fix it. Unfortunately, i had not made that recipe before so it was partly my fault. I don't usually do recipes without practicing but I took a chance on this one. Oops!

I don't like having to ask for volunteers because this is one they all just sit and look at me...i like to have them gathered around a table already with expectations of helping.

I would like to try and do more of a combination...like the one girl on the interactive shows dvd. Demo the products and have one person at a time doing something. That way, it's still interactive but I can still talk about the products without having to yell over all the people talking. I did one show like this and it went well.

I bribe people to come up and help! I play a ticket game, so at the beginning of a show I say, "I have these tickets – you’re all going to get one just for being here. You can earn more tickets as we go along, and at the end I’m going to do a drawing. The winner gets free shipping. You can get tickets by telling me you have a particular product and why you love it. If you come up and help, or just say something funny, you can get more tickets. Stay on your toes, you never know when I’ll give out tickets!"When I want someone to jump in, all I say is "First person gets two tickets!" and I always get a taker. Once the first person starts working, I keep the recipe going so people are doing things at the same time, and it's easier to get everyone playing with the toys.

I had one interactive show that was a hit, another one where NO ONE moved, and one where it was alright. I kinda went back to the classic show and offer my hostesses the opportunity to have an interactive show, most don't want to though, so I am not going to force it.
I don't know if I like one way over the other way. I have fun at every show!!

I personally love the interactive shows. It allows me to talk about other products while the "helper" is using another one. I've sold more tools using this format than when I am the only one cooking. Plus, it calms my nerves way down having someone else up there with me. At the beginning of the show I place the pictures of the tools I'm using in my stainless mixing bowl and pass it around and ask everyone to pick one tool that they want to try. Then after they try it during hte demo, they put it back in my bowl and we do a door prize drawing at the end. Who's ever tool I draw, they win.

Last edited:
My first interactive show was a Saturday brunch - and I think that worked in my favor (because as some have mentioned, the guests weren't tired from a long days work). But also, had a lot of my prep done and told the guests that this was the way to "TRY before they BUY".

I didn't make everyone help out, but allowed them to cut or chop if they wanted ~ then anyone who did "participate" was given a ticket for the raffle. My raffle was for an ice-cream scoop and surprisingly everyone was really excited and jumped in.

I did have one guest that felt like she was "doing my job" , but I just mentioned that before I had become a consultant - I bought a lot of PC products and a few sat in the box because they intimidated me. I told them they didn't seem as easy as the "lady" had made it look. I liked to do this so everyone could feel comfortable with the products, and how to use them. As well as make them all feel like they could now go home and make this recipe for their family.

It turned out to be my best show yet!!!

Love these varied responses. I am really on the fence about this - so I love the input. The great thing is that you have the flexibilty to TRY it or OPT out if it does not suit you.

I did one show completely interactive, and I had mixed feelings about it. One guest said she didn't want to help at all, so I gave her the recipe to read. About ten minutes into the show, she handed me the recipe back and demanded to have a catalog and order form because she had to leave early. So I got her one, she went out into the living room... and about 5 other guests followed her! I did the demo with the rest of the group, but people kept filtering out into the living room to talk or pass the ONE catalog around. *sigh* Once the recipe was finally done, I'd completely lost control of the show, even when I tried to herd everyone back into the living room to finally get catalogs and eat and listen to me talk for a few more minutes. Everyone already had their own conversations going, and I just gave up after awhile and told them I'd be in the dining room to take orders.Needless to say, I got no bookings off that show. It was utter chaos, and not in a good way.I'm sticking to my "pass the apron" game from now on.

<h2>1. What is the interactive format and why do you use it?</h2><p>The interactive format is a way of conducting Pampered Chef shows where the guests are actively involved in the cooking process. This allows for a more hands-on and engaging experience for everyone involved.</p><h2>2. Have you noticed anyone having a negative reaction to the interactive format?</h2><p>While everyone's preferences may vary, we have found that the majority of guests enjoy the interactive format. However, some guests may feel a bit hesitant or overwhelmed at first because they are not used to participating in the cooking process.</p><h2>3. Did anyone else at your show have a negative reaction to the interactive format?</h2><p>While it is possible that some guests may have had a negative reaction, it is important to remember that everyone's experience is unique. Some guests may have loved the hands-on aspect while others may have preferred a more traditional presentation. It is important to communicate with your guests and ask for their feedback to improve future shows.</p><h2>4. How do you handle negative reactions to the interactive format?</h2><p>If you notice that a guest is not enjoying the interactive format, it is important to address their concerns and make them feel comfortable. You can offer to assist them with the cooking process or provide them with a different task that they may enjoy more. It is also important to communicate with the hostess and ask for her feedback on the format.</p><h2>5. Why do some guests prefer the traditional format over the interactive format?</h2><p>Everyone's preferences may vary, and some guests may simply prefer a more traditional presentation where they can sit back and watch. The interactive format may also be new and unfamiliar to some guests, which can make them feel hesitant or overwhelmed. It is important to respect their preferences and provide them with a positive experience regardless of the format.</p>

Related to Anyone Get a Negative Reaction to the Interactive Format?

1. What is the interactive format and why do you use it?

The interactive format is a way of conducting Pampered Chef shows where the guests are actively involved in the cooking process. This allows for a more hands-on and engaging experience for everyone involved.

2. Have you noticed anyone having a negative reaction to the interactive format?

While everyone's preferences may vary, we have found that the majority of guests enjoy the interactive format. However, some guests may feel a bit hesitant or overwhelmed at first because they are not used to participating in the cooking process.

3. Did anyone else at your show have a negative reaction to the interactive format?

While it is possible that some guests may have had a negative reaction, it is important to remember that everyone's experience is unique. Some guests may have loved the hands-on aspect while others may have preferred a more traditional presentation. It is important to communicate with your guests and ask for their feedback to improve future shows.

4. How do you handle negative reactions to the interactive format?

If you notice that a guest is not enjoying the interactive format, it is important to address their concerns and make them feel comfortable. You can offer to assist them with the cooking process or provide them with a different task that they may enjoy more. It is also important to communicate with the hostess and ask for her feedback on the format.

5. Why do some guests prefer the traditional format over the interactive format?

Everyone's preferences may vary, and some guests may simply prefer a more traditional presentation where they can sit back and watch. The interactive format may also be new and unfamiliar to some guests, which can make them feel hesitant or overwhelmed. It is important to respect their preferences and provide them with a positive experience regardless of the format.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies