• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Thread on the Greek Cheese Torta...

In summary, the Greek Cheese Torta requires a combination of feta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, dill, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, olive oil, walnuts (optional), and phyllo dough sheets, as well as butter for layering. Some ingredients can be substituted or omitted based on personal preference. To assemble, the cheese mixture is layered between sheets of phyllo dough and baked until golden brown. It can be made ahead of time and served as an appetizer or light lunch with various accompaniments such as pita chips, tzatziki sauce, or a side salad.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, I made this last week with the substitution since I didn't have the Greek Rub yet.

My supply order came Friday/Monday so I made it last night to take into work today.

WOWSA!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

What an AWESOME difference!

The substitution DOES NOT do this recipe justice!!!!

Glad to hear that, promotes our spice more than just using the substitution.

I was iffy about this recipe, not sure I'd like it. But a cluster-mate brought it to our meeting last night; & it was yummy!

I loved this recipe. I did it at a brunch this week and the guests really enjoyed it!

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to try out the recipe and enjoyed it. However, I definitely recommend trying it with the Greek Rub next time. It really adds that extra flavor and takes the dish to the next level. Plus, it's always exciting to experiment with new ingredients and see how they enhance a dish. Happy cooking!

What ingredients are needed to make the Greek Cheese Torta?

The ingredients needed to make the Greek Cheese Torta are:

• 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • Phyllo dough sheets
  • Butter, melted

Can I substitute or omit any of the ingredients?

Yes, you can substitute or omit ingredients based on your personal preference. Some possible substitutions include using greek yogurt instead of cream cheese, using different types of cheese such as ricotta or goat cheese, and omitting the sun-dried tomatoes or olives if you do not enjoy them.

How do I assemble the Greek Cheese Torta?

To assemble the Greek Cheese Torta, follow these steps:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the feta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, dill, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, and olive oil. Mix until well combined.
  3. Layer 5-6 sheets of phyllo dough on a greased baking sheet, brushing each sheet with melted butter before adding the next one.
  4. Spoon the cheese mixture onto the phyllo dough, leaving about 1 inch of space around the edges.
  5. If desired, sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of the cheese mixture.
  6. Layer 5-6 more sheets of phyllo dough on top of the cheese mixture, again brushing each sheet with melted butter.
  7. Using a sharp knife, cut the top layer of phyllo dough into squares or diamonds.
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the phyllo dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Can I make the Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can also bake it ahead of time and reheat it in the oven before serving. However, the phyllo dough may become soggy if left in the refrigerator for too long, so it is best to bake it within 24 hours of assembling.

What are some serving suggestions for the Greek Cheese Torta?

The Greek Cheese Torta can be served as an appetizer or a light lunch. Some serving suggestions include:

• Serve with pita chips or crackers for dipping.
  • Serve with a side of tzatziki sauce for added flavor.
  • Top with additional chopped dill, green onions, or olives for garnish.
  • Serve with a side salad or fresh fruit for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Zsu
  • BethCooks4U
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies