• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Question!!!! Lol

single quick drink I mentioned earlier. I love the Magic Bullet!:eek: :D I don't have the Magic Bullet, but let me tell you everytime that dang infomercial comes on I sit and stare! I have seen that thing at least 15 times, but still love it! and the worst part is... I have yet to purchase the dang thing!!! Maybe someday...They are in the stores. I bought mine at Target for $59 last year. BJ's has them for around $54 and someone told me they saw them at Target now for $39!
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I am making the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle for a picnic tomorrow. I have some fresh strawberries here, but they aren't looking the greatest. So, once I clean them up and take off the bad portions, I won't have too many of the strawberry/sugar/almond extract mixture.

I also have one can of Key Lime Pudding (you know, the pie filling type in a can) and I am wondering what you all think of adding a layer of that. Cake mixture, key lime pudding mixture, cheesecake/cool whip mixture....

Do those flavors go together? Should I just skip the strawberries all together and just make it a Key Lime Cheesecake Trifle?

I don't have any strawberries in the freezer, and I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE STORE.................

Actually Kelly, our Lime berry Mousse Trifle has strawberries & lime together.
I tried it & it was yummy! Maybe layer them in different areas so the colors don't mix together in the trifle bowl cuz that could get ugly lookin.:eek:

Doh! I didn't even think about that recipe having lime and strawberries together!! I thought the combo would be good, but I like just about anything!

Sounds yummy, Kelly. Let us know how it goes.BTW, anyone else hearing, "You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up?" Yeah, didn't think so. Dang, I'm old.

Rae~

I'll sing it with you!! Now you have that song in my head!

BTW, I made it last night and I think it will be good! I ended up cleaning up the strawberries and adding some TS brand Strawberry Rubarb Spread in the mix. Tasted good!

So, I layered:
butter pound cake
key lime pie filling
strawberry mix
cheesecake/cool whip mixture

The pie filling was thick enough I could put the strawberries right on top of it and I don't think they will mix to make a yucky color.

Our picnic is around 2:00, so we will see how everyone likes it!

<<<<<<<<<swaying to the beat>>>>>>>>>>
You put the lime in the coconut, and drink it all up....

Yummm... a frozen coconut-y drink... mmmmm....

(starts nodding off daydreaming about pina coladas with You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up in the backround...)

Oh, I have some TS Rhubarb strawberry Spread, I'll have to try that!
Where do you get Key Lime Pie Filling? All I find around here is key lime curd or key lime juice.
This sounds like such a refreshing dessert. Let us know!

BTW, not to be a dreaded thread hijacker but, has anyone tried a Magic Bullet for smoothies, single quick drinks, etc...? I have one & love it. I don't waste so much fresh fruit anymore. I have a big smoothie maker but don't drag it out for just one drink.

Love the Magic Bullet!:eek: :D

Watch it KG....:D

Chef Endora said:
Oh, I have some TS Rhubarb strawberry Spread, I'll have to try that!
Where do you get Key Lime Pie Filling? All I find around here is key lime curd or key lime juice.
This sounds like such a refreshing dessert. Let us know!
It is the Musselman's brand (you know, they make applesauce...)

I found it at a discount store here in Ohio called Marc's Deeper Discounts. Not sure if it's at any big chain stores, I never really looked specifically for it- I saw it and thought "yummy!" and didn't even know what I would use it for when I purchased it!

And BOY was that trifle GOOD!! Everyone loved the lime filling with all of the other layers!

I could eat that cheesecake/cool whip layer with a spoon!
(....um, yeah, I think I actually DID do that...:eek: :eek: :eek:)

....I didn't actually admit that out loud, did I?!?!?!?

Chef Endora said:
BTW, not to be a dreaded thread hijacker but, has anyone tried a Magic Bullet for smoothies, single quick drinks, etc...? I have one & love it. I don't waste so much fresh fruit anymore. I have a big smoothie maker but don't drag it out for just one drink.

Love the Magic Bullet!:eek: :D

Watch it KG....:D

I don't have the Magic Bullet, but let me tell you everytime that dang infomercial comes on I sit and stare! I have seen that thing at least 15 times, but still love it! and the worst part is... I have yet to purchase the dang thing!!! Maybe someday...

They are in the stores. I bought mine at Target for $59 last year. BJ's has them for around $54 and someone told me they saw them at Target now for $39! I use it almost every day for a smoothie....or the occasional quick mudslide. :D

I still catch myself looking at the infomercial.

I think it was worth it:)

GourmetGirl said:
Yummm... a frozen coconut-y drink... mmmmm....

(starts nodding off daydreaming about pina coladas with You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up in the backround...)

Bring me 2 Pina Coladas...one for each hand :)

Related to Another Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Question!!!! Lol

1. How do I make the cheesecake filling for the trifle?

To make the cheesecake filling, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Then fold in whipped cream until well combined.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of strawberries?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit you prefer in this trifle recipe. Some popular alternatives include raspberries, blueberries, and peaches.

3. Do I have to use angel food cake for the layers?

No, you can use any type of cake you like for the layers. Pound cake or even brownie chunks work well in this recipe.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle a day in advance. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

5. How long will this trifle last in the refrigerator?

This trifle will last for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
emmjohns
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • smilesarepriceless