• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Angela, Chris Patriots Quiz 4 You!

In summary, In 2006, the Patriots played in Gillette Stadium, the company CMGI owned the rights to the name but lost it when they went bankrupt. The Patriots made their first Super Bowl appearance in 1985, and were able to continue their playoff win against the Raiders in 2001 due to The Tuck Rule. Desmond Howard was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXI where the Pats lost to Green Bay. In a preseason game at Boston College, the stands caught on fire and forced fans onto the field. Going into the 2006 playoffs, the Patriots had four wide receivers from the University of Florida, and Laurence Maroney shared running duties with Corey Dillon in the NFL and Marion Barber in college.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Vent - CSI am seriously considering not going onto CS anymore. I get so upset when I see some of the ways they try to beat the system and cheat HO/get more out of a show.:mad: They tell each other that it's okay to lie and bend the rules to suit themselves and then quote scripture in their sig line.:bugeye:

I am not perfect. I like a deal when I can get it. But our company is so generous to us all that I hate to see people stretching things like this and calling it okay.

I am not black and white, I do see gray areas but new consultants don't need to be TOLD that it's okay to make up names, etc. :yuck:

Sorry, but I wanted to get this off my chest. I probably will keep going to CS and remind them from time to time what a generous company PC is and that if they follow the guidelines they will be rewarded. It's like a trainwreck - just can't look away. lol :rolleyes:

{{{hugs}}} Beth. I think I know which posting you are referring to. (I gasped a little too that she so blatantly threw it out there.) I just went and looked for it, to make a gentle 'policy reminder' post (very gentle...since I am not completely black and white either), but couldn't find it.

We can teach our team members how to fully understand and leverage show benefits, but that doesn't mean condoning outright cheating. Thankfully, in the big picture, very few consultants (and above) truly abuse the system. (Or at least that's what I think :eek:)

I don't know which post you're referring too as I don't read a whole lot over there anymore.

But I'll join your vent. At our cluster meeting Mon night another consultant was trying to tell one of my new consultants how she could split her first shows into two shows (as long as they're at least $300) in order to earn more PC $$ and qualify faster. It did nothing but totally confuse my consultant not to mention that it is blatantly unethical!

I agree with all of you. Pampered Chef is so good to us. Plus as directors with the company- the company looks to us to lead our teams ethically by advice and example.

I just noticed that our thread titles show up on the sidebar of CS. That's fine and I realize it's to entice members to join us when/if they are directors BUT I thought this was a place we could safely vent sideways or up. If they can read some of what we say then we have to be more careful about our venting.

Am I wrong? Is there a way we can have a section of this site to discuss team issues and such and not have it seen at all over there? I know, we should be positive and uplifting but sometimes each of us has to vent so we can work things through and I think we are developing some great friendships and trust here...

I don't know which thread on CS you are referring to Beth, but I, too, have stopped recommending the site to my new consultants. I think there is just too much negativity there as well as too many confusing ideas. It hink it is a good idea to let my new consultants get a few shows under their belts rather tahn have them see all of the "quick" schemes you can find on CS. It is kind of like a diet-there is no easy way to do PC other than the way this wonderful company has already told us about!
I have had to limit my time on the site, too. I am currently just signing on once a day, acnning the new post thread ltitles and if I see a response to a question, I look. I just don't like the attitude that is coming from there lately.

many hugs coming your way and I hope you feel better now that you have vented!~:candyheart:

Beth I have brought up the issue of our threads showing on CS too. Greg told me that they don't get our user names, but I still feel that it isn't as "safe" of a place to vent as I had hoped. I also agree about the policy bending and negativity. I haven't really refered anyone to CS since the big blow up.

Because of all the negativity and shady techniques suggested there, I no longer refer my consultants to CS until they are a bit seasoned and then I tell them not to believe everything they read and to check with me if it sounds different than their Business Guide or information they have gotten from their director. Most of my team also work other jobs and (unlike Ann ;)) cannot be on the computer during work and don't have time to be on a site like that anyway. They depend on me and the PC website for their info and such.

Too bad. It's a great resource and sharing idea. Of course, I do share a lot of things I have gotten from there with my team so they do reap the benefits. I am finding, though, that THIS forum has quickly become so more worth my time.

Greg & Deb, I am SOOOO thankful to you both for providing CS for consultants and this site for directors! It truely has been a blessing being part of these communities. We complain and filter but we do love and appreciate you and get so much more out of the sites than the negative can ever come near. ...That's why we are still here!

I like CS for the fun items, for the recources and for some of the people. There are others that just rub me wrong! I even have someone on my ignore list - never thought that would happen! Anyhoo, as for splitting shows, it is ethical for a CATALOG show and if the CONSULTANT is host. It isn't if it is a live show and/or if someone is else is the host. It is basically taking away what they earned so the consultant can earn something more!! As for hosting your own show - THERE IS A BUTTON IN PP FOR IT!!! Sorry, but it irked me that new consultants are taught that HO frowns on THAT, but not on cheating the system!Now, I do admit that my 10 year old niece has hosted a show and gotten free stuff - but she really did get the orders for me!!!I also have a strong recruit lead who doesn't have much in the way of support or the whole $155 to pay for the kit. I have a catalog show going. I told her I would put her name on the show if she were to get it to $400 or more so she could use the FPV towards her kit.Things like this are acceptable - just follow the rules!!!I will be posting some of my post in CS.

I agree Beth. I get upset with the unethical posts and the quoting of scripture in the signature line... seems like a bit of a conflict to me!

I got spanked by a post the other day... someone was complaining about HO (again) and I made a suggestion that she might try and she posted back that I was calling her dumb. Making a suggestion = someone is dumb? I don't get it and certainly didn't call her taht

I'm not sure what's going on over there but it seems to me that a lot of people are:
1. being a little too sensitive
2. not wanting to take any personal responsibility for their businesses when there is a problem
3. not contacting HO about problems and going to CS instead to see what they can work out in lieu of calling HO or before calling HO

Okay... enough venting... have a show to get to! :)

finley1991 said:
I agree Beth. I get upset with the unethical posts and the quoting of scripture in the signature line... seems like a bit of a conflict to me!

I got spanked by a post the other day... someone was complaining about HO (again) and I made a suggestion that she might try and she posted back that I was calling her dumb. Making a suggestion = someone is dumb? I don't get it and certainly didn't call her taht

I'm not sure what's going on over there but it seems to me that a lot of people are:
1. being a little too sensitive
2. not wanting to take any personal responsibility for their businesses when there is a problem
3. not contacting HO about problems and going to CS instead to see what they can work out in lieu of calling HO or before calling HO

Okay... enough venting... have a show to get to! :)

I totally agree - I have gotten to where I have stopped posting gentle reminders of poliies because I have gotten tired of seeing Beth get bashed everytime she gently points someone in a more ethical direction. I don't visit CS as much as I used to to anymore and I, too, have stopped referring my new consultants there :(

Good luck at your show tonight Colleen!

dannyzmom said:
I totally agree - I have gotten to where I have stopped posting gentle reminders of poliies because I have gotten tired of seeing Beth get bashed everytime she gently points someone in a more ethical direction. I don't visit CS as much as I used to to anymore and I, too, have stopped referring my new consultants there :(

Good luck at your show tonight Colleen!

Yeah, well, I can't keep my nose out of it. :rolleyes:

bethcooks4u said:
Yeah, well, I can't keep my nose out of it. :rolleyes:

Oh as if I can?? LOL
So far I've not stumbled upon the thread you're all referring to -- but ya'll know, no matter how I try, I'll jump into the melee - LOL

:) THANKS! I did have a great show - $1200!!!!!

I had a $1200 show tonight, too, Colleen!

Woo hoo for us!!!

finley1991 said:

This one irritates me the most. We have a business binder, a consultant website FULL of info, AND a toll free number for this very reason!!!!

When consultants call me to ask something, I ask them "where do you think you could find this information?" so that they learn to find things themselves!

Whoo Hoo! Congrats on great shows you two!

ohhh! And he even moved this thread to the lock box already! Greg's the man! :love0010:

OMG! I found the thread you were refering to Beth and I about peed my pants! A cat????? Have people lost their minds??? I'm thinking thier souls can't be too far behind!

chefmeg said:
OMG! I found the thread you were refering to Beth and I about peed my pants! A cat????? Have people lost their minds??? I'm thinking thier souls can't be too far behind!

Oh man...I STILL haven't found the thread...would someone clue me in...what's the title of the thread (oy, as if I need a distraction right now???)

DebbieJ said:
I had a $1200 show tonight, too, Colleen!

Woo hoo for us!!!

WOO-HOO DEB!!!! :D

dannyzmom said:
Oh man...I STILL haven't found the thread...would someone clue me in...what's the title of the thread (oy, as if I need a distraction right now???)

yeah, I totally have to know too... I need some entertainment this morning! :D

DebbieJ said:
When consultants call me to ask something, I ask them "where do you think you could find this information?" so that they learn to find things themselves!

After endlessly complaining to my mom about my consultants calling and asking me things that they should be able to find out, this is what she told me to and it works like a charm!

"WHERE HAVE YOU ALREADY LOOKED FOR THE ANSWER SO I DON'T TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU'VE ALREAYD TRIED." Since they know I will ask them, they NEVER call me and say they haven't tried to find it somewhere!

finley1991 said:
After endlessly complaining to my mom about my consultants calling and asking me things that they should be able to find out, this is what she told me to and it works like a charm!

"WHERE HAVE YOU ALREADY LOOKED FOR THE ANSWER SO I DON'T TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU'VE ALREAYD TRIED." Since they know I will ask them, they NEVER call me and say they haven't tried to find it somewhere!

Your mom is a smart woman! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, my mom is the best and I'm so lucky to have her! :D

dannyzmom said:
Oh man...I STILL haven't found the thread...would someone clue me in...what's the title of the thread (oy, as if I need a distraction right now???)[/QUOTE

look for the thread titled "How Do You Do It"

it is really entertaining once you get over the shock of it!

Okay just found it and responded so it should come up if you click New Posts.

Well, I couldn't help myself - I jumped in. I am cranky. I had my mammogram today and my boobs are sore. So I took it out on the original poster...not nice, I know...

I thought your post was great carolyn. I suspect there are alot of consultants on CS that are cheering the response the original post generated.

[And just to keep my name clean...the gray areas I referred to in my earlier post are: allowing hosts to replace lost bookings (or helping her to) and leveraging unused host benefts (after asking their permission).] :angel:

GREAT $1200 shows both of you!!! Holy cow. I'm hoping for a couple of those this month! If not, I don't even think I'll make it to the $3000 SAT level.

Anyway, I'm rarely on CS. I am intrigued now and do want to go find that thread, so I'm sure I'll spend some time on there today....AFTER I get packed up for my show tonight. That'll be my reward.:)

I do come on here much more because the information is more relevant (and without a bunch of extra "fluff" and complaining). I think it's helpful to have a place for consultants to vent (as in CS and here too) but it can get pretty out of hand there. Especially when some "veterans" try to offer their two cents. I don't really mention CS to my new consultants at this point. It's been a while. I LOVE the information and resources there and I'll pass along what might be helpful, but sometimes it can be too overwhelming. I remember posting my opinion about this over there a while ago and being chided by someone in their post that they thought it was completely unfair that I'd keep the resource of CS from them, that it was equivalent to withholding some training materials.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll be checking it out over there later!!

You guys are great! :candyheart: Thanks for posting on that thread. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one willing to be beaten up over there for trying to "keep them in line" :grumpy: - like it's any of my business...:eek:

I think they should get the point now since several of us have said it in a couple ways.

:eek:I still can't believe she SAID ON A WEBSITE THAT HO MONITORS that she is putting a CAT as host. :yuck:

well Beth, you know me, I just went over to CS and added more of my 2 cents (I think I am up to 6 cents by now....or maybe no SENSE!).............I think I am deleting it from my tool bar so that I am not tempted to go there anymore:grumpy:

Well I just went over there and read a few posts from that thread and another one that talks about people being negative. I feel very beaten up.

I don't feel that I am negative - I am bursting bubbles, sure, but they need to be burst! People get these wild ideas that they can do this and that to beat the system and then I'm the bad guy for pointing out that they aren't living up to the things they put in their sig line (well, some of them) and what they agreed to in their contract with PC.

Anyway, I am very upset that people take things I say as yelling at them or creating trouble. That isn't me. I hope YOU guys understand.

We do!!! However, I feel like I have to (sometimes) type with kid gloves!

dannyzmom said:
I had my mammogram today and my boobs are sore.

Okay,... I've been gone all day and just got back. Will be heading over to CS to catch up.

Had to mention this about mammograms... had my first one two years ago. Got my results... Inconclusive... Not enough mass to get an accurate reading. Talking about adding insult to injury! I mean, I know I'm built like a Skipper doll but come on!!!

Hope that made some of you smile! Okay... off to be entertained by CS!!! I'm sure I'll be back with some comments!!!!

WOW! Just got done reading the thread. Very interesting!

PS: Great responses ladies!

Wow, colleen, you just gave me a blast from the past. Do they even still make the Skipper doll? (I was such the barbie doll fan back in the day...that was when Malibu Barbie was the 'cool' Barbie) :eek:

I also have reduced my time on CS cause of the negativity...it is why I left other sites at yahoogroups too. And, I flat out get irritated at how many people want the fast answer instead of trying to look it up for themselves. You don't LEARN that way, you just get by. Yes, I'm occassionally desperate for that fast answer too...but every little thing....come on.

I don't suggest that my team join CS....although I do have a few gals who did ask me how I get all these cool flyers and they did join. 1 is pretty active on the site.

I now just ask my team to be sure to let me know if they need recipes, or flyers, or things that are TERRIFIC on CS. Then I go out, download, and send on to them if it isn't something that is on the web site.

It is to bad so many of us feel that way since Greg has done an awesome job with all our sites....but, human nature seems to rear its ugly head when folks think they are "anoynomous".

happypcgal said:
And, I flat out get irritated at how many people want the fast answer instead of trying to look it up for themselves.

I am on a Director's Yahoo Group and I can't believe how many DIRECTORS do the same thing there. It's absurd. What do they do when their team needs something?

DebbieJ said:
I am on a Director's Yahoo Group and I can't believe how many DIRECTORS do the same thing there. It's absurd. What do they do when their team needs something?

I KNOW! I see that too. Go figure.

Okay... my one vent for the morning!

What bugs me the MOST is the lack of making any effort with their businesses!

I always tell my team: NEVER RELY ON A FLYER TO DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU!

I get tired of the "send me a flyer" "I need a flyer" "What should the e-mail say?"

PICK UP THE FRIGGIN' PHONE AND CALL THEM!!!!

Okay... I'm done. I've been working on an annual event at a historic home I give tours at here and today is the last day of the event. I'm pooped! Not getting much sleep. And I've had it with being nice to not-so-nice people! Thanks for listening. :blushing:

This is the event I'm working on: http://www.cranbrook.edu/housegardens/events/detail.asp?newsid=406633

finley1991 said:
This is the event I'm working on: http://www.cranbrook.edu/housegardens/events/detail.asp?newsid=406633

Totally off topic (sorry for the hijack):

Very cool! So this is associated with the school too? My 10 and 11 year old cousins go to Cranbrook. My uncle (who had them pretty late in life because he married at 45 - unfortunately now divorced) now lives back in the area, but my cousins have always lived with their mom out there. I know when they were married they used to live in Bloomfield Hills, but I forget if my "ex-aunt" still lives there. What a beautiful area!! My sister actually went to Cranbrook for a semester back in high school and I went to visit her for a weekend once. HOW beautiful!!!

What a neat event to be involved in! I hope it went well.:)

OFF TOPIC: Thank You Becky!!!!! It did go well and I am POOPED! Tomorrow we clean everything up!

The event is for the Cranbrook House... it is the home that the Booth family lived in for more than 40 years. What's different about this home from other historic homes is that they actually lived there! Fairlane Manor, the Dogde Estate, Meadowbrook Hall or the Biltmore, as examples, were one of many homes that well-to-do families had but they were vacation homes. The Booth family actually lived in this home. It's 100 years old this year! We raise money to keep the home up. The Booths were amazing people... the wife was from the Scripps' family (newspapers, magazines, television.. Scripps broadcasting own's channel 4 I think and the Detroit News) and he was a hard worker in Windsor, Canada... and it was their personal money and vision that created all of Cranbrook: Christ Church Cranbrook, The Art Institute, Art Museum, Science Center and Cranbrook Schools. It's an amazing story and amazing place!

Some things that happened at Cranbrook House: Eero Sarineen (architect of the St. Louis Arch) designed all of Cranbrook Art Institute and Science Center, Charles Eames of the Eames chair desing co and wife married at Cranbrook, and Leonard Bernstein started composing "West Side Story" while spending a weekend at Cranbrook House. LOTS OF HISTORY!!!!! It's an amazing place and worth visting while visting the metro Detroit area. (I give tours on Thursdays!!!)

Anyway... thanks for reading... it's one of the causes near and dear to my heart! And such a gem!

Now I am off to dinner as there is NO WAY I could actually cook myself!

PS: I LOVE THAT THE FLEXIBILITY I HAVE WITH PC ALLOWS ME TO VOLUNTEER FOR IMPORTANT CAUSES!!!!!

NO CHEATING!!!!!! Lets see how well you know your favorite team!!

1. In 2006, the Patriots played in Gillette Stadium, but what company owned the rights to the name and then lost it when they went bankrupt?

Kinko's
Budweiser
CMGI
Google

2. In what season did the Patriots make their first Super Bowl appearance?

3. What rule allowed the Patriots continue their unbelievable playoff win against the Raiders in 2001?

Defensive Holding
Roughing the Passer
The Tuck Rule
Pass Interference

4. Who was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXI, where the Pats lost to Green Bay?

Brett Favre
Darren Sharper
Antonio Freeman
Desmond Howard

sorry...couldn't resist!!

5. What happened in a preseason game at Boston College that forced fans on to the field with the Patriots?

The stands caught on fire
The stands collapsed
A bomb scare
A shooting

6. Going into the 2006 playoffs, the Patriots had 4 wide receivers that went to the same school. Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson, Kelvin Kight, and Reche Caldwell. What school was it?

Florida
Penn State
Florida State
USC

7. Laurence Maroney shared running duties in 2006 with Corey Dillon, but what NFL back did he split carries with in college at Minnesota?

Julius Jones
Joseph Addai
Mauric Jones- Drew
Marion Barber

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Angela, Chris Patriots Quiz 4 You!" post?</h2><p>The purpose of the post is to share a quiz about the New England Patriots, possibly created by Angela and Chris, with other members of the Pampered Chef community.</p><h2>2. Why are you considering not going onto CS anymore?</h2><p>The poster is upset by seeing some members of the community trying to cheat the system and manipulate the rules for their own benefit, while also using religious quotes in their signatures. This behavior goes against the values of the company and makes the poster question whether they want to continue participating in the community.</p><h2>3. What are some examples of how people are trying to beat the system and cheat HO?</h2><p>The poster does not provide specific examples, but mentions that people are telling each other it's okay to lie and bend the rules, and even make up names, in order to get more out of a show.</p><h2>4. Is it okay to take advantage of gray areas in the rules?</h2><p>The poster acknowledges that they are not black and white and sees some gray areas, but believes that new consultants should not be encouraged to break the rules and manipulate the system. They also express their disappointment in seeing this behavior in the community.</p><h2>5. Will you continue participating in CS despite these issues?</h2><p>The poster plans to continue participating in CS, but will remind others of the generosity of the company and the importance of following the guidelines in order to be rewarded. They also admit that it can be difficult to look away from this kind of behavior, even though it may be frustrating to witness.</p>

Related to Angela, Chris Patriots Quiz 4 You!

1. What is the purpose of the "Angela, Chris Patriots Quiz 4 You!" post?

The purpose of the post is to share a quiz about the New England Patriots, possibly created by Angela and Chris, with other members of the Pampered Chef community.

2. Why are you considering not going onto CS anymore?

The poster is upset by seeing some members of the community trying to cheat the system and manipulate the rules for their own benefit, while also using religious quotes in their signatures. This behavior goes against the values of the company and makes the poster question whether they want to continue participating in the community.

3. What are some examples of how people are trying to beat the system and cheat HO?

The poster does not provide specific examples, but mentions that people are telling each other it's okay to lie and bend the rules, and even make up names, in order to get more out of a show.

4. Is it okay to take advantage of gray areas in the rules?

The poster acknowledges that they are not black and white and sees some gray areas, but believes that new consultants should not be encouraged to break the rules and manipulate the system. They also express their disappointment in seeing this behavior in the community.

5. Will you continue participating in CS despite these issues?

The poster plans to continue participating in CS, but will remind others of the generosity of the company and the importance of following the guidelines in order to be rewarded. They also admit that it can be difficult to look away from this kind of behavior, even though it may be frustrating to witness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • Lauradorable