• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aNews Update for Executive Directors...

In summary, Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales at The Pampered Chef, announced in an email that National Sales Director Jo Price has left the company to pursue another opportunity with a retail company that has a direct selling division. The company plans to fill the vacant position and will provide updates as they become available. Many are curious about the identity of the retail company and the impact on the "In the Know with Jo" calls that were scheduled until December. Some speculate that it could be The Body Shop or Big Yellow Box from Crayola, but others express disappointment in losing Jo Price's contributions to the company.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Did anyone else see this?

A News Update for Executive Directors
of The Pampered Chef
(630) 261-8900 phone (630) 261-8588 Fax

ExecuFlash

One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630
from Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales

Please feel free to share this e-mail with your downline.

Good afternoon.

I’d like to update you on staffing of the home office sales team.

National Sales Director Jo Price has left The Pampered Chef to pursue another opportunity. She has accepted a position with a retail company who opened a direct selling division several years ago.

When she returned to us in 2005, it was our hope that Jo would stay with The Pampered Chef for many years. We appreciate all of her hard work and dedication over the years.

We plan to fill the National Sales Director position and will update you as soon as we have more information to share.

I know you will join me in wishing Jo well in her new endeavor.

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark.

Now I'm curious.....what retail co. opened a direct selling division "years ago"???

I know that Body Shop or something has stores and DS.

Body Shop at Home is my bet.

Ugh!

stupid length requirements

Could it be The Body Shop?

Big Yellow Box (from Crayola) started @ 5 years ago as a trial and went 'full-time' about 2 years ago. Sue Rusch (I don't know if she used to be with PC or not, but is referenced on several of the CD's that I listen to is with them as well). Could be them....

So, what about the remainder of the "In the Know With Jo" calls thta she's been doing with FD's? Aren't they suposed to be on for another 3 month's?

I bet you're all right - It's probably Body Shop at Home.

pamperedlinda said:
Big Yellow Box (from Crayola) started @ 5 years ago as a trial and went 'full-time' about 2 years ago. Sue Rusch (I don't know if she used to be with PC or not, but is referenced on several of the CD's that I listen to is with them as well). Could be them....

So, what about the remainder of the "In the Know With Jo" calls thta she's been doing with FD's? Aren't they suposed to be on for another 3 month's?

Sue Rusch WAS with PC. I've been trying to get my hands on some of her old audios.

The In the Know Calls are in July & August.

Gettin' mean with Jean (Jonas) just doesn't have the same ring... :)

DanielleQ said:
Sue Rusch WAS with PC. I've been trying to get my hands on some of her old audios.
I don't have her audios, but several of the training tapes that I've bought on suply have referred to her and things that she does. I'd love to have some of hers as well, sounds like a woman with a world of knowledge! Does she actually have her own CDs?

Oh no way!!! Wow, right before conference too. That's kind of a bummer for them because she usually had a big role in the general sessions.

Bummer - I like the sessions she had been doing and they were scheduled out until December

DanielleQ said:

I have one of her tapes and I have her spiral bound book. One of the direct sellers in my area is one of Big Yellow Box's "Founding Leaders". These were some of the first consultants that have developed teams.

Last I heard...which was several months ago, BYB was not happy with the lack of business growth that they expected from brining Sue Rusch on board.
My personal take on BYB is that their line is not very big and their prices are. Seems like a very limited customer base to me. The founding leader I know was not happy with the company and trust me...she is VERY devoted to the product.

Sue is not bad but I found my attendtion drifted much quicker when I had one of her tapes in.

I am SO sad to hear that we have lost Jo Price. She is a huge loss in my opinion. :(

baychef said:
I have one of her tapes and I have her spiral bound book. One of the direct sellers in my area is one of Big Yellow Box's "Founding Leaders". These were some of the first consultants that have developed teams.

Last I heard...which was several months ago, BYB was not happy with the lack of business growth that they expected from brining Sue Rusch on board.
My personal take on BYB is that their line is not very big and their prices are. Seems like a very limited customer base to me. The founding leader I know was not happy with the company and trust me...she is VERY devoted to the product.

Sue is not bad but I found my attendtion drifted much quicker when I had one of her tapes in.

I am SO sad to hear that we have lost Jo Price. She is a huge loss in my opinion. :(

I've TRIED to get excited about BYB, for the sake of a friend who is a consultant - but I agree - such a limited customer base......and with just 2 or 3 exceptions, there is nothing in their very small catalog under $30. PLUS - they have now made their website very unfriendly - in fact, you can no longer view their catalog on-line! My friend said it's because they are trying to make their catalog more "hostess and consultant driven"........so I guess no long distance outside orders for them!

I LOVE Jo Price though, and will also be sad to see her go - wherever she's going.

I went to a BYB party a few months ago. I felt compelled to buy something since the host is a good customer of mine. I have a boy so not much in the catalog that he'd like to do, but I bought the Microwave Flower Press for myself....I LOVE that thing! I've been pressing flowers left and right! I'm planning to make personalized cards and stationary with them. It's a lot of fun, but I agree, their prices are a bit high.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've TRIED to get excited about BYB, for the sake of a friend who is a consultant - but I agree - such a limited customer base......and with just 2 or 3 exceptions, there is nothing in their very small catalog under $30. PLUS - they have now made their website very unfriendly - in fact, you can no longer view their catalog on-line! My friend said it's because they are trying to make their catalog more "hostess and consultant driven"........so I guess no long distance outside orders for them!

I LOVE Jo Price though, and will also be sad to see her go - wherever she's going.

This lady's friend is a TS consultant and so they signed up under each other to help each other out. If they have taken their catalog off line then they are really messing themselves up. If I can't see an online catalog, I am less likely to order if I can't attend the party. Maybe they need Jo Price to show them that they are doing it backwards.

I haven't seen their catalog in a few years. It is sad because they could have a bigger selection that would appeal to a wider customer base. Their prices are way out of whack. I purchased a large pig in hopes of having my downline use it as a place to put conference savings. Still will do this, but haven't done it yet. I wanted to buy my downline each a pig, but the price was outrageous. Even at a large discount...I refused to pay that amount. I would rather have given my downline that money to save instead.

pamperedlinda said:
I went to a BYB party a few months ago. I felt compelled to buy something since the host is a good customer of mine. I have a boy so not much in the catalog that he'd like to do, but I bought the Microwave Flower Press for myself....I LOVE that thing! I've been pressing flowers left and right! I'm planning to make personalized cards and stationary with them. It's a lot of fun, but I agree, their prices are a bit high.

You are right...I have a son too and when they first started I was trying to find something to buy to help her out and did not find anything much for boys.
The Microwave Flower Press sounds interesting...will it help me with my snoring????:eek:

baychef said:
You are right...I have a son too and when they first started I was trying to find something to buy to help her out and did not find anything much for boys.
The Microwave Flower Press sounds interesting...will it help me with my snoring????:eek:

What???:confused:

I have a 3 yr old boy - Ceramic Piggy Banks aren't safe with him.....and I can't pay that much for a soccer ball to decorate.....and then be left out in the mud & rain!
The one thing I thought might be cute is the Inch Worm measuring stick.....but we've already got a height chart going on the door post in the kitchen!:)

ChefBeckyD said:
What???:confused:

I have a 3 yr old boy - Ceramic Piggy Banks aren't safe with him.....and I can't pay that much for a soccer ball to decorate.....and then be left out in the mud & rain!
The one thing I thought might be cute is the Inch Worm measuring stick.....but we've already got a height chart going on the door post in the kitchen!:)

It's a thread that deals with conference roomies that snore!! Snoring is one of Linda's pet peeves and I followed up with a post about my ever growing snoring habit (I guess you can control a habit!?)

baychef said:
............The Microwave Flower Press sounds interesting...will it help me with my snoring????:eek:
Only if you stay up all night pressing flowers!

I bought the small one and it was $30! I would much rather have had the larger one, but it was $50 :eek: and I just could not justify that....plus, their shipping is horrendous! They do have quality stuff...but come on...who really wants their kid's craft project to last FOREVER! Geez, some of that stuff you just want to toss as soon as the kiddos are not looking....I couldn't bring myself to toss something that cost that much!

Also, what really got on my nerves was the consultant kept talking about "remembering the memory" of when you and your child made this together........that it will last a lifetime and everytime you look at it it will remind you of that memory.....okie dokie!

pamperedlinda said:
Only if you stay up all night pressing flowers!

I bought the small one and it was $30! I would much rather have had the larger one, but it was $50 :eek: and I just could not justify that....plus, their shipping is horrendous! They do have quality stuff...but come on...who really wants their kid's craft project to last FOREVER! Geez, some of that stuff you just want to toss as soon as the kiddos are not looking....I couldn't bring myself to toss something that cost that much!

Also, what really got on my nerves was the consultant kept talking about "remembering the memory" of when you and your child made this together........that it will last a lifetime and everytime you look at it it will remind you of that memory.....okie dokie!

Linda,
You make me laugh! I do know the feeling, some things my kiddo's make I do want to keep, but most of it needs to go. They are always making pictures.

missydivine said:
Linda,
You make me laugh! I do know the feeling, some things my kiddo's make I do want to keep, but most of it needs to go. They are always making pictures.

Oh my - I come home to about 10 pictures daily! That is over 50 a week! (The burn pile is my friend...that and used paper....)

I'm surprised and I'm not. These big shocking changes have been happening quite frequently the last 2 years or so. Have the rest of you noticed that? They are changing alot of stuff and kinda screwing the people who helped them get here. I know the company is no longer under Doris's thumb, so to speak, and it shows!

pamperedlinda said:

if you are eating....don't look at this ....

cartoon_dog_barf_001.gif

Chef Kearns said:
I'm surprised and I'm not. These big shocking changes have been happening quite frequently the last 2 years or so. Have the rest of you noticed that? They are changing alot of stuff and kinda screwing the people who helped them get here. I know the company is no longer under Doris's thumb, so to speak, and it shows!

Hmmm...I know I have seen others leave to go to other companies but have not heard how they are being screwed. Didn't Jean Jonus leave and then come back? I can't remember, but I thought someone left and then came back. The memory card between my ears is full.:eek:

I was thinking of Nancy's when I said that.

Wow - not surprised too much, but my Director will be very bummed. She loves Jo. Jo was the one who left and came back, and now she's leaving again. I bet she doesn't come back again!! Something tells me she doesn't get along with someone at home office or something like that. I didn't get a chance to do her "In the Know with Jo" calls, but was planning to do them this month. If it's not her, I don't think I'll bother. I met her at a regional sales meeting one year (4 years ago when they used to do them) and she was really great. What a loss! :(

Last time she left though, it wasn't for another job. I don't think she'll be back either but there are still amazing people in place to lead us!

got the scoop !She is going to Body Shop at Home ! Look.......
I have a friend who does Body Shop, so I asked :eek:

Welcome the Newest Member of Our Team!
We are pleased to announce the selection of Joanne Price as our new National Sales Director!

Jo will join us July 23 from Pampered Chef, where she was the National Sales Director. Her first week will be spent in Wake Forest to meet with the functional VP's and the At Home team. She will then travel directly to Orlando for our PASSION! National Conference where she is looking forward to being with all of you.

Jo has an extensive and successful direct selling background. Here are a few of the highlights:

From 1993-2000, she was a District Sales Manager with Avon where she was consistently recognized as a Circle of Excellence achiever (top 10% in performance).

From 2001-2006, Jo was one of four Regional Sales Managers for Pampered Chef and grew her region by 80% over a five year period. Based on this stellar performance, Jo was promoted to National Sales Director last year. She managed a team of eight Regionals, and was developing and executing a program to increase the number of Directors to Senior Director and Executive Director levels.

Jo is a talented and accomplished sales leader and will bring strong skills in leadership, coaching, communications and senior leader development to The Body Shop At Home. Please join us in welcoming Jo to The Body Shop At Home team

Last edited:
I am sad to see her leave, but if she wasn't happy with PC, I hope she is happy w/ BSAH

I just hope that they continue to develop a program to promote more directors and up. Well, sounds like she's been looking so you can't wish for anyone to stay that is not happy.

Ps...Ann...forgot to tell you that you look...MARRRVOLOUS!!!

finley1991 said:
Last time she left though, it wasn't for another job. I don't think she'll be back either but there are still amazing people in place to lead us!

Really? Do tell - why did she leave before??

Thanks for letting us know.

cathyskitchen said:
Really? Do tell - why did she leave before??

Last time she left was right before the Disney incentive trip. They were in the process of rearranging the sales managers from being regionally assigned to being assigned by your upline director. At that time, there was no National Sales Manager... everyone was on the same level. She had decided that she wanted to promote higher and not stay just at the Sales Manager level so she took "early retirement" for a few months until they asked her back creating the title "National Sales Manager."

It will be interesting to see if they promote a sales manager up, leave the position empty or hire someone from the outside...

Apparently she went to The Body Shop. I got this through a friend who has a friend that works for Body Hsop:
Dear Leaders,

Welcome the Newest Member of Our Team!
We are pleased to announce the selection of Joanne Price as our new National Sales Director!

Jo will join us July 23 from Pampered Chef, where she was the National Sales Director. Her first week will be spent in Wake Forest to meet with the functional VP's and the At Home team. She will then travel directly to Orlando for our PASSION! National Conference where she is looking forward to being with all of you.

Jo has an extensive and successful direct selling background. Here are a few of the highlights:

From 1993-2000, she was a District Sales Manager with Avon where she was consistently recognized as a Circle of Excellence achiever (top 10% in performance).

From 2001-2006, Jo was one of four Regional Sales Managers for Pampered Chef and grew her region by 80% over a five year period. Based on this stellar performance, Jo was promoted to National Sales Director last year. She managed a team of eight Regionals, and was developing and executing a program to increase the number of Directors to Senior Director and Executive Director levels.

Jo is a talented and accomplished sales leader and will bring strong skills in leadership, coaching, communications and senior leader development to The Body Shop At Home. Please join us in welcoming Jo to The Body Shop At Home team.

Well, I hope everything works out for her. I guess some people in DS jump around like radio people.

I heard straight from a home office person that The Body Shop really "courted" her. And that she always wanted to get back to a Make-Up type DS company. Also, HO is considering 2 people to split the National Sales Director job.

Did she start out like a consultant and work her way up to that position or is it something the HO hires for??

Kelly V.

HO hires them. But they do have to "work" as a consultant to get some perspective for life on the other side of the HO wall.

I have no idea how anyone could prefer to work for any other DS company besides Pampered Chef. I think to sell PC you have to have a real passion for the products. I have no idea if you would need that for a HO job-whatever it may be. I think when you are on that side it's more about PC as a company and sales & company growth percentages.

Nothing wrong with that, it is just different I guess.

MGG said:
I have no idea how anyone could prefer to work for any other DS company besides Pampered Chef. I think to sell PC you have to have a real passion for the products. I have no idea if you would need that for a HO job-whatever it may be. I think when you are on that side it's more about PC as a company and sales & company growth percentages.

Nothing wrong with that, it is just different I guess.

It's odd because she seemed to have a passion for it. She recently came to Maine and did a two day training session with our extended clusters. She did a half day training with all consultant and a one day training with only us Directors. I really enjoyed it and our time with her, sad to see her go.

1. What is the purpose of this email?

The purpose of this email is to inform Executive Directors at Pampered Chef about a staffing change in the home office sales team.

2. Who is leaving the company and why?

Jo Price, the National Sales Director, is leaving the company to pursue another opportunity with a retail company that has a direct selling division.

3. When did Jo Price start working at Pampered Chef?

Jo Price returned to Pampered Chef in 2005 and has been with the company for several years.

4. Is the National Sales Director position going to be filled?

Yes, the company plans to fill the National Sales Director position and will provide updates when more information is available.

5. What is the Pampered Chef's response to Jo's departure?

The Pampered Chef acknowledges Jo's hard work and dedication over the years and wishes her well in her new endeavor with the retail company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Ginger428
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies