• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

and thePlot Thickens.... (Cont From You Gotta Be Kidding Me)

In summary, the conversation revolved around receiving a letter stating that the healthcare premiums for dental, vision, and healthcare were not paid even though they were deducted from the husband's paychecks. This raises questions about the employer's financial situation and the possibility of the husband being fired due to the company's inability to pay his salary. The participants in the conversation discuss the potential legal implications and the need to gather evidence, including pay stubs, for a case against the former employer. Amidst the difficult situation, there is also a sense of humor and determination to overcome the challenges. The conversation ends with the hope that this experience will not affect the husband's view of small businesses in the future.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
We just got a letter in the mail today from our healthcare providers through my husband's former employer. Seems they have not paid any of his monthly premiums for our dental, vision and healthcare premiums even though they've taken it out of his checks.

That letter was dated 4-28-2008...DH was fired on 5-1-2008...we are starting to think that he was fired because they could no longer pay him his salary. In which case, they hired him under false pretenses, knowing full well they would only be able to afford his salary for 2 months unless he brought in an insane amount of business which was unrealistic for the situation.

So how interesting is that? Amazing...I can't wait to see what they do when they see DH has applied for Unemployment. I think they'll fold if they have to pay that. I can't wait to hear what the attorney says!

You do still have copies of his check stubs, etc. that show the premiums were taken out, right? There's probably a whole other case against his former employer right there. Because if you had needed to use the medical coverage (like for an emergency room visit), you wouldn't have been covered, though you had been told you were.

chefann said:
You do still have copies of his check stubs, etc. that show the premiums were taken out, right? There's probably a whole other case against his former employer right there. Because if you had needed to use the medical coverage (like for an emergency room visit), you wouldn't have been covered, though you had been told you were.

I had to go a few weeks ago. I wonder if that claim will be denied? Well, DH said he will never work for a small "Mom and Pop" company again...

Save ALL your stuff and have it ready for that lawyer.I'm not one for lawsuits or other things similar, but withholding and not paying is flat out lying.

OMG! That is absolutely crazy!!! I would make copies of that letter and all of his pay stubs now.

That is so crazy. The devil is working on you guys hard! Prayers are covering you though! God Bless & keep your chin up!

Hugs!

Oh, I hope that didn't sound cynical - I meant it as what on earth could happen to you now! You are definately getting your share of bad news these days. All I can say is that there must really be something good in store for you!

DH has proof that they took the money out of his checks for the insurance premiums, plus the letter from Health Partners saying his company has not made ANY of the premium payments....can we say ILLEGAL!?!? I think the devil picked on the WRONG family! It's time to Rock and Roll!

Oh man things just are not going your way!! Hopefully those clouds open up soon. You really need the sunshine girl!! {{{hugs}}}

Kitchen Diva said:
Well, DH said he will never work for a small "Mom and Pop" company again...

I really hope this hasn't clouded his judgment on all small people (companies) we're not all bad!!

Last edited:
rennea said:
Oh man things just are not going your way!! Hopefully those clouds open up soon. You really need the sunshine girl!! {{{hugs}}}

I really hope this hasn't clouded his judgment on all small people (companies) we're not all bad!!

Sadly it has clouded his judgement. I think from an HR/head-hunter point of view it has anyway. Don't worry as far as regular small business goes, we're good. But small recruiting establishments that are about to go under and hire you to fix things- may not be in his best interest... LOL

Like I said- Satan picked the WRONG children of God to try and attack and opress- I'm Holy Ghost mad and it's time to Rock and Roll- I've got my game face on!

wadesgirl said:
OMG! That is absolutely crazy!!! I would make copies of that letter and all of his pay stubs now.

Done! Good thing I didn't put my printer/scanner/copier/fax machine on Ebay like I was going to once I found out DH lost his job Thursday! :) LOL

Okay, back to continue our Star Wars DVD Marathon...we are on the 3rd one and have 3 to go...if we make it, we'll be up until 9:00 tomorrow morning. I have a feeling we may have to split this between two days!:D

Oh goodness, Kacey. Aren't you just waiting for the "Smile, you're on Candid Camera" line?

Prayers and thoughts continue to come your way. I know it will all work out for you, but what a road you are traveling.

Many hugs!

dianevill said:
Oh goodness, Kacey. Aren't you just waiting for the "Smile, you're on Candid Camera" line?

Prayers and thoughts continue to come your way. I know it will all work out for you, but what a road you are traveling.

Many hugs!

Well, come to think of it, I've never led a dull life...I started out putting my mother through 38 (or was it 36) hours of labor! :) I guess you could say that these "adventures" follow me. They certainly make me more empathetic to others that face trials and tribulations in their lives. I just wish God didn't trust me so much... LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
Well, come to think of it, I've never led a dull life...I started out putting my mother through 38 (or was it 36) hours of labor! :) I guess you could say that these "adventures" follow me. They certainly make me more empathetic to others that face trials and tribulations in their lives. I just wish God didn't trust me so much... LOL
I got your Mom beat! 44 hours with my son and the last 4 hours I was pushing! :rolleyes: But he was/is so
worth it!:thumbup: :love:
I'm so sorry for what you are going through, I loved your statement about being "holy ghost mad!!" I need to remember that! You know you are in my prayers!:angel:

MissChef said:
I got your Mom beat! 44 hours with my son and the last 4 hours I was pushing! :rolleyes: But he was/is so
worth it!:thumbup: :love:
I'm so sorry for what you are going through, I loved your statement about being "holy ghost mad!!" I need to remember that! You know you are in my prayers!:angel:

You are a doll! Thanks for the kind words! :( I also got Holy Ghost mad at Kayspry on that gift card post! :) I'm trying to drive the thieves out of the temple so to speak!

Kitchen Diva said:
DH has proof that they took the money out of his checks for the insurance premiums, plus the letter from Health Partners saying his company has not made ANY of the premium payments....can we say ILLEGAL!?!? I think the devil picked on the WRONG family! It's time to Rock and Roll!

Know two separate companies that did that to my friends :( One found out when he taken by ambulance to the ER.

Pursue it legally, please!

God bless you all, and here's to a better work situation.

Kitchen Diva said:
You are a doll! Thanks for the kind words! :( I also got Holy Ghost mad at Kayspry on that gift card post! :) I'm trying to drive the thieves out of the temple so to speak!

I was wondering why that thread was up on the new posts lists again today and hadn't read it yet...that explains it...

:( I truly believe it is an attention-getter. She is a troll by all definitions of it in the internet world. I pray that she finds the love and peace and acceptance in her life she needs without being so negative and attacking others. It was honestly a nice reprieve not to hear the negative for awhile.

There are many hear hurting in various ways, your family Kacey which on many levels has a TON to complain about but you are trying to handle it with as much optimism as possible...Jean and all her medical issues, and there are countless others with requests for themselves and others. They ask for prayers but aren't asking for attention to themselves and they TRULY NEED the prayers.

There is enough hurt around us without someone causing more... :mad:

Sigh...back to my WONDERFUL family and the good things on here...

janetupnorth said:
I was wondering why that thread was up on the new posts lists again today and hadn't read it yet...that explains it...

:( I truly believe it is an attention-getter. She is a troll by all definitions of it in the internet world. I pray that she finds the love and peace and acceptance in her life she needs without being so negative and attacking others. It was honestly a nice reprieve not to hear the negative for awhile.

There are many hear hurting in various ways, your family Kacey which on many levels has a TON to complain about but you are trying to handle it with as much optimism as possible...Jean and all her medical issues, and there are countless others with requests for themselves and others. They ask for prayers but aren't asking for attention to themselves and they TRULY NEED the prayers.

There is enough hurt around us without someone causing more... :mad:

Sigh...back to my WONDERFUL family and the good things on here...

I agree- However I felt compelled to respond- whether she reads it or not.

Much love to you- I'm going to have breakfast with my wonderful DH- Can you say Pillbury Cinnamon Rolls????

Just catching up. Kacey, I'm so sorry that this burden has been added to those you're already carrying. You'll continue to be in my prayers.

raebates said:
Just catching up. Kacey, I'm so sorry that this burden has been added to those you're already carrying. You'll continue to be in my prayers.

Thanks, Rae- I really feel good despite everything that is going on. Last night DH and I talked and we really feel that God is telling DH that he is in the wrong career field. That would totally explain all the job issues he's had since retiring. I'm almost positive that the sun shining is assisting my upbeat mood, but I came to the conclussion last night that we were going to be just fine.

Because of all the trials, and crap that I have gone through in my life it enables me to be more compassionate and encouraging to those facing similar issues. And besides, I could complain about all this and start pounding down the booze, but I'm too cute to become bitter and ugly and a box of Kemps Fudgesicles are cheaper than Vodka! :) Mmmmm

Maybe if I painted my toes and got fancy sandals like you had I'd not have a care in the world!

Love ya all!

Kacey... I am sorry I missed this until now. I'm SO thrilled to read that despite everything... you are leaning on Jesus! Way to GO! I pray you keep listening to hear what step He wants you to take next. I'm glad you kept your pay stubs etc! I hope justice is served in that issue as well!

Kacey, it sounds to me like you're looking forward to God revealing the truth of Romans 8:28.

raebates said:
Kacey, it sounds to me like you're looking forward to God revealing the truth of Romans 8:28.

Yup...that one and about 5 other verses as well! :)

I was out of town so just seeing this now!

My prayers are still with you and your DH! Praying for your job, well being, and for you to catch a break!

((hugs))

Some good news to share
vwpamperedchef said:
I was out of town so just seeing this now!

My prayers are still with you and your DH! Praying for your job, well being, and for you to catch a break!

((hugs))
Hi Miss Vanessa, welcome back! :) I believe that God was telling DH he was in the wrong line of work- I know that we will be victorious against the dishonest and unethical people that try to bring us down!

Oh, and I almost forgot--- DH has a phone interview next Wednesday! :)

Related to and thePlot Thickens.... (Cont From You Gotta Be Kidding Me)

1. What is "and the Plot Thickens.... (Cont From You Gotta Be Kidding Me)"?

"And the Plot Thickens" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features a variety of delicious and easy recipes for all occasions. It is the perfect addition to any kitchen and is great for both beginner and experienced cooks.

2. What types of recipes are included in "and the Plot Thickens.... (Cont From You Gotta Be Kidding Me)"?

This cookbook features a wide range of recipes including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts. Each recipe is designed to be simple and quick to prepare, making it perfect for busy families and individuals.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "and the Plot Thickens.... (Cont From You Gotta Be Kidding Me)" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in this cookbook can be found at your local grocery store. They are common and easy to find, making it convenient for anyone to make these delicious dishes.

4. Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients in the recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences. The recipes in this cookbook are versatile and can be adapted to suit different tastes.

5. Are there any tips or tricks included in "and the Plot Thickens.... (Cont From You Gotta Be Kidding Me)"?

Yes, this cookbook includes helpful tips and tricks to make cooking even easier. From time-saving techniques to ingredient substitutions, these tips will make your cooking experience more enjoyable and stress-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pchefinski
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies