• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I Cut Out for This?? Need Help, or Tissues.

In summary, the author is sitting in tears because her first month of hosting coaching has not gone as planned. She has 5 more shows scheduled in November and is frustrated with her hosts. She recommends host coaching, but also advises patience and understanding.
rancherswife
Not to be overly dramatic, but I am sitting here, nearly in tears. Ok, to be honest, I'm bawling my eyes out. HOW do you deal with flaky people? I was SO excited. It is my very first month doing this. I've already had 2 shows and have 5 more scheduled for November, which I thought was good. I've been so excited, and I HAVE been host coaching. And things were going as planned. Then today came. And it has all fallen apart. I can't get one host to close her show, another can't get anyone to come, and another won't return my phone calls. I'm not a "sales" type personality in the first place, so I was taking a leap by doing this. I guess my question is, where do you draw the line between calling them over and over in hopes that they'll return your call, and just giving up and hoping they'll call you on their own? I'm so frustrated, and now I'm questioning whether or not I should even be doing this.

So sorry you are feeling bad. I have plenty of days like that, too. I called a host just the other day who hasn't returned my calls either. Don't take it personally. Go to Consultant Corner and take the online classes. When you call and leave messages, smile while you're talking, but be firm in what you want and what you mean. Don't let people take advantage of you and don't let people get to you. Call your directer or recruiter and get advice. Read posts on here to learn but don't implement too much too soon. Keep things simple. You can do this.

First, go ahead and cry. You're obviously frustrated, so don't make any rash decisions.As for the calling, I call until I get a response. Really. I can't tell you how many times people have said they were glad I finally got hold of them. I used to have a three or four call rule. No more. I tell them about the fourth call that I will continue to call until I hear back from them. I can accept the word no, but I have to hear it from them.People get flaky, especially this time of year. Don't take it personally. And, as far a salesperson personality, most of the people I've met who are successful PC consultants don't have what I would consider a "sales" personality. Have a good cry. Get a good night's rest. Start all over tomorrow. I'd be willing to bet you'll feel better.

I've taken all of the online classes (seriously), and I thought I was doing everything right. I think this all happened today (very unexpectedly) and it has thrown me for a loop. I know I'm not supposed to take it personally, but I guess that's just how I am. But according to my director, husband, and lots of people on this message board, this is all just part of the business. I just need advice on how to deal with it I guess. Because I can't cry every night or my family will go bonkers!

You can do this!

Everyone has days like this sometimes early on in the business sometimes later on. I had one show when I was 8 month pregnant, she promised me she invited a ton of people from church. When I showed up there was only one person there, her neighbor, and she was DRUNK! It was 11AM too!

Just host coach as much as you can. I just listened to the host coaching CD they sell on our supply list. It really revealed how much I do not do. If you cannot get a host to close. Call her and tell her you are going to give her a gift certificate for the free products she earned and close the show if you do not hear from her by such a date. This is the only way to be fair to her guests.

For the host that has nobody attending, work from the 50 guests in 5 minutes, I attached it here. Get her to think outside the box of people to invite.

For the host who will not call you back. Tell her you need to hear from her by such a date to talk about the party or you will schedule another host. Tell her you have people waiting for her date, even if you don't.

Talk with a smile even when leaving a message and sound confident and firm. If you sound professional and confident, the host will take you more seriously.

Please hang in there. I feel you need to give it a good year before you make any decisions.

Attachments

• 50 guests .doc
    41 KB · Views: 244
Have you ever thought of being a counselor?? I feel better already, and I've stopped crying. Thank you for your advice.

Related to Am I Cut Out for This?? Need Help, or Tissues.

1. Am I Cut Out for This?

This is a common question that many people have when considering joining Pampered Chef. The answer is different for each individual, but there are a few traits that are helpful for success in this role. These include being organized, having good communication skills, being passionate about cooking and kitchen products, and being able to manage your time effectively.

2. Do I Need Help?

It's completely normal to feel overwhelmed or in need of assistance when starting a new job. At Pampered Chef, we have a supportive team and resources available to help you succeed. Don't hesitate to reach out to your manager or fellow consultants for guidance and support.

3. How Can I Improve?

Continuous improvement is important in any job, and Pampered Chef is no exception. We encourage our consultants to regularly evaluate their performance and seek feedback from their customers and team members. This will help you identify areas where you can improve and make adjustments to become a more successful consultant.

4. Should I Bring Tissues?

This question may seem odd, but it's actually a common concern for new consultants. Pampered Chef parties can be emotional and heartwarming, as you connect with customers and help them find products that will make their lives easier. While tissues may be helpful, they are not required. Just be prepared for happy tears and lots of laughter!

5. How Can I Balance This with My Other Responsibilities?

This is a valid concern, especially for those with busy schedules or families. At Pampered Chef, we understand that our consultants have lives outside of their business, and we encourage a healthy work-life balance. With proper time management and prioritization, you can successfully balance your Pampered Chef business with your other responsibilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
Replies