• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice for New PC Consultants: Tips for Show Success in 2 Months!"

In summary, the new consultant is seeking advice on how to improve the length and content of her shows. She has had success with bookings and sales, but feels that her shows may go on too long or lack the necessary information. She is looking for tips on how to structure her shows and integrate booking and product information. Some members suggest watching training DVDs and attending other consultants' shows, while others advise her to stick with what has been working for her. Ultimately, it is suggested to ask for feedback from hosts and guests before making any major changes.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone!
I'm new. I've been a PC consultant for just about 2 months. I have 8 shows under my belt, and one new recruit that I signed up on the 15th.

My problem is my shows. I'm funny, and people like me, and I get quite a few bookings, and my average show sales are over $690.00 but I feel that my shows go too long, and I either say too much or not enough.

I was going to go to my upline director's show tomorrow, but I told her I was brining my little pocket recorder so I wouldn't have to sit and take notes for ideas. She said if I was going to record her, I couldn't come.

The show opening and show closing cards that they give in the new consultant kit are fine, but I need ideas. The only way to get those is to go to other shows, but I learn by hearing...over and over and over again. If I can't record or take notes, I'm not sure I'll remember everything and how to integrate it into my show.

I guess I'm feeling a little lost and alone, and could use some ideas for the best way to do my show- the begining, the middle and the end. Where do you tie in booking and hosting comments, and how many times do you mention that? When do you tie in cookware and cutlery? How much do you say?

Okay, I think that's a lot for now. I'll wait for some replies. Thanks in advance for the advice. It is appreciated, and I can't wait to get to know you guys! :)

Kindly,

If you learn by hearing over and over, maybe you should look into ordering (On supply order) some of the Kitchen Show Live DVD's, and other training tapes. I love those, and they have helped me immensely!
One that might help also is the one called "Selling Collections" - that will give you great ideas for tying in cookware, stoneware, Simple Additions.....
Sounds like you are off to a great start though!

Thanks, I'll try that! The show on the "Getting Started" DVD is somewhat helpful, but it's rather unrealistic in my humble opinion! :) I'm just sad that my upline, upline, upline director said I can't go to her show now. :(

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks, I'll try that! The show on the "Getting Started" DVD is somewhat helpful, but it's rather unrealistic in my humble opinion! :) I'm just sad that my upline, upline, upline director said I can't go to her show now. :(

The Kitchen Show Live dvd's are actual consultants doing a show. It's much more realistic than the one on the Getting Started DVD!

Why don't you agree to go without the tape recorder - who knows what you might pick up!

I did, but now she won't reply to my emails. :( I am very sad!

I don't understand the not recording thing. Why does it matter? Ask another team mate if you can go to one of theirs.

Have you actually scripted what you say and do you make notes on a note cards? When I'm changing things up I pull out note cards to keep me on track. When I scripted what I wanted to say I found I was able to choose better words so I wasn't over explaining stoneware, cookware, etc. I was able to condense and make it short and sweet.

And the problem is?Hi! I'd say don't change a thing. If it ain't broke....

You have HIGH shows, consistent bookings, everyone has fun, no one is complaining.....seems like everything is working just like it should!

Maybe you are the only one that thinks things are not right...obviously the hosts and guests think things are being done just fine!

If you DO change anything, do it little by little..just in case NOTHING is wrong with what you are doing!

Ask your hosts if THEY think the shows are too long......

Just my .02...

Lorian Rivers
Port Richey, FL

mzwizard said:
Hi! I'd say don't change a thing. If it ain't broke....

You have HIGH shows, consistent bookings, everyone has fun, no one is complaining.....seems like everything is working just like it should!

Maybe you are the only one that thinks things are not right...obviously the hosts and guests think things are being done just fine!

If you DO change anything, do it little by little..just in case NOTHING is wrong with what you are doing!

Just my .02...

Lorian Rivers
Port Richey, FL

I agree! Sounds like you are doing great!

mzwizard said:
Hi! I'd say don't change a thing. If it ain't broke....

Just my .02...

Lorian Rivers
Port Richey, FL

I agree too. Could it be you are just over thinking it? Definitely ask your hosts if they think the shows are too long. BTW, how long are they?

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I've been under the weather, and therefore, away from my computer. :)

My shows from start to the last order taken/clean-up are generally 2-2.5 hours long. In Minnesota, we have what's called "the long goodbye" and everyone seems to be unable to say goodbye. :) LOL

I wanted to record her show, because she has been with TPC for 14 years, and it was something I wanted to listen to a few times, and take notes, and see if there was anything I wanted to integrate into my shows, listen to how she segues from one thing to another, and see if there was a way to condense some of my product speeches. :)

I've done a couple hundred shows and I ALWAYS use an outline at my shows. Actually I review it before each show and change up anything I need to. I've got my presentation down but I like having it to keep me on track. My show lasts 45-50 minutes and I do 2 recipes. Also, I announce at the beginning of the show that I am using an outline to keep me on schedule so everyone is home in time for Grey's Anatomy (or whatever popular show is on that night). It's also helped my recruiting in that people see that they don't have to know everything off the top of their heads.

Related to Advice for New PC Consultants: Tips for Show Success in 2 Months!"

1. How can I quickly build my customer base as a new PC consultant?

As a new PC consultant, the best way to quickly build your customer base is to reach out to your personal network and offer to host a cooking show for them. You can also attend local events and set up a booth to showcase Pampered Chef products and offer cooking demonstrations. Don't forget to utilize social media to promote your business and connect with potential customers.

2. What are some effective ways to increase sales at my shows?

One effective way to increase sales at your shows is to offer incentives or discounts for customers who book a future show or refer a friend. You can also highlight the versatility and benefits of Pampered Chef products during your demonstrations and offer special bundle deals. Additionally, creating a sense of urgency by having limited-time offers or exclusive products can also help boost sales.

3. How can I make sure my shows run smoothly and efficiently?

To ensure your shows run smoothly and efficiently, it's important to be well-prepared and organized. Have all your products and materials ready before the show starts and arrive early to set up. Practice your demonstrations beforehand and have a clear plan for the flow of the show. It's also helpful to have an assistant or hostess to help with tasks like passing out catalogs and taking orders.

4. What are some tips for effectively promoting and marketing my shows?

Utilizing social media is a great way to promote and market your shows. You can create event pages, share photos and videos of your products, and engage with potential customers. Additionally, offering incentives for customers who bring a friend to the show or share your post can help expand your reach. Don't forget to also utilize traditional marketing methods such as flyers and word of mouth through your personal network.

5. How can I maintain a successful Pampered Chef business in the long run?

To maintain a successful Pampered Chef business, it's important to consistently reach out to your customer base and offer them new products and promotions. Building strong relationships with your customers through excellent customer service and follow-up is also key. Additionally, continuously learning and staying updated on Pampered Chef products and techniques can help you offer the best experience to your customers and keep them coming back for more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMJ
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rkw363
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies