• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ads in the Paper: Examining Merrill's Business Card Options

I've had good luck with the Window decals...I placed an ad in the paper for my band. So far, no bites.
amy07
I was just wondering what kind of response, if any, you may have received by placing an ad in the paper. I'm looking at the business card ads that Merrill has.

I thought about that too but haven't done it yet...

An ad for what?

I placed an ad for recruiting one summer in our local paper... about 100,000 circulation. I got 3 phone calls... all men. They all wanted a salaried position even though the ad clearly stated "commission based". One I did meet with and he wanted to do it but refused to buy the kit. He felt PC should give it to him because he was sure he was going to be successful because he was a self-proclaimed "ladies man." (DEFINITELY NOT THE CASE!!!!)

Just be sure that if you are going to spend the $$ on it, it will be worth your while. I spent $50 on the ad and nothing. But that's just my experience. Good luck if you decide to do it! :)

I used the Merrill ad generator to make ads tat I put in both of my sons' yearbooks (one preschool and one elementary school). So far, nothing - but I know those yearbooks hang around fo ryears and years so hopefully eventually it'll bring me some biz...

dannyzmom said:
I used the Merrill ad generator to make ads tat I put in both of my sons' yearbooks (one preschool and one elementary school). So far, nothing - but I know those yearbooks hang around fo ryears and years so hopefully eventually it'll bring me some biz...

I would've never thought of that, but what a good idea

I put a "business card" add in a local paper. I had several people mention that they had seen it, but it generated no sales to the best of my knowledge.

I've had no luck with ads I've put in the paper. I had more luck with a free press release, so maybe do the one we can do about "Round up from the Heart." The ads I've done have a recruiting spin on them, but also mentions some hosting benefits. I also used the Merrill ad generator to do an ad in a preschool yearbook. It's only been out a few weeks so far, so I don't know if it'll pay off. The nice thing is several of the moms of this preschool have ALREADY been to some of my shows, so it at least keeps my name in front of them too.:)

I also have had no luck with Newspaper adds. I am also a member of a local Chamber of comerce and I am listed in that directory (went out to over 10,000 residents 1 month ago.) Nothing fro it yet.....

No luck here either with ads. Don't know why, but I put one in that had a circulation of 100,000 and NOT one!!

I guess that's good to know... I have thought about placing them in our local circulation paper and maybe wont' now after hearing these results? That's too bad for you all :(.

I have tried ads several times. The only responses I have gotten were a couple people who had no interest once they learned what PC was and a 2 orders from 2 years of ads in a newsletter.

Not worth it.

I think I am glad I invested in Window decals instead!! I've gotten 3 sign calls from them already, after only 2 months! :)

Heat- what do the decals say?

I placed a Wedding Registry add in a special bridal issue that went to five different communities. Cost me $185--zippo to date. I've gotten more leads and orders at the local Home and Garden shows, craft fairs, county fair, etc.

1. How can I place an ad in the paper for my Pampered Chef business?

To place an ad in the paper for your Pampered Chef business, you can contact your local newspaper and inquire about their advertising options. You can also create your own ad using tools provided by Pampered Chef, such as their customizable business cards.

2. What are the benefits of placing an ad in the paper for my Pampered Chef business?

Placing an ad in the paper can help increase brand awareness and attract potential customers to your Pampered Chef business. It also allows you to reach a wider audience and potentially generate more sales.

3. Can I customize my ad in the paper for my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, you can customize your ad in the paper for your Pampered Chef business by using tools provided by Pampered Chef or by working with the newspaper's advertising team to create a personalized ad that fits your business's needs.

4. How much does it cost to place an ad in the paper for my Pampered Chef business?

The cost of placing an ad in the paper for your Pampered Chef business will vary depending on the newspaper and the size and placement of your ad. It's best to contact the newspaper directly for pricing information.

5. Are there any specific guidelines I need to follow when creating an ad for my Pampered Chef business in the paper?

Each newspaper may have their own guidelines for ad submissions, so it's important to check with them before creating your ad. However, it's important to include essential information such as your business name, contact information, and a clear call to action to attract potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbachen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • carlajanes
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • PCCHeather0506