• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adding Pictures and Recipes--Formatting Question

In summary, the conversation discussed how to add pictures to a Word document, specifically for a recipe file. Different methods were suggested such as right-clicking on the image and choosing "Format Picture" or double-clicking on the image and choosing a layout option. The preferred option was to choose "Tight" or "In front of text" for the text to wrap around the image. The conversation also mentioned that the instructions may differ for Mac and Windows users. The thread concluded with the final link to the finished product.
babywings76
Gold Member
Does anyone know how, using Word, you can add a picture to go with a recipe and it will stay on the side of the recipe? I'm trying to add more recipes and pictures to a recipe file and can't seem to place the picture in a nice spot.

You should be able to right click, format picture & tell it to stay on the left or right of the text.

Thanks! I'll give it a try! :)

Hmm, it's not working. I click to put it to the right, but it doesn't say that it'll be to the right of the text, though. When I click to put it to the right anyway, nothing seems to change.

babywings76 said:
Hmm, it's not working. I click to put it to the right, but it doesn't say that it'll be to the right of the text, though. When I click to put it to the right anyway, nothing seems to change.

I know you use a mac, so I am not sure what version Word...

One way you may be able to do it...

Double Click the image.
If a dialog box appears, is there a Layout tab?
If so, choose Layout.
Some options may be In front of text, Tight, or In Line with Text.

Another way you may be able to do it...

Right click on the image and choose Format Picture...
If so, choose Layout.
Some options may be In front of text, Tight, or In Line with Text.

I will usually choose In Front of text or Tight. Either of those should let you freely move the image.

With In Front of Text, text will not move for the picture. The image will "float" in front of text. This is OK if you have some white space along the right hand side of an ingredient list with room for an image.

Tight will cause the text to wrap around the image.

Oh, sorry. Didn't know you were talking about MAC. I was giving you WINDOWS instructions! LOL

Thanks!!! It worked, Kathleen! Tight is the way to go!!! In front of text works, but Tight was better. With tight, as I move the picture to where I want it, then the words all move around and get in better positioning. Yay!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm going to post the new Brownie Pan document I'm doing shortly...once I get these pictures fixed. :D

kam said:
I know you use a mac, so I am not sure what version Word...One way you may be able to do it...Double Click the image.
If so, choose Layout.
Some options may be In front of text, Tight, or In Line with Text.Another way you may be able to do it...Right click on the image and choose Format Picture...
If so, choose Layout.
Some options may be In front of text, Tight, or In Line with Text.I will usually choose In Front of text or Tight. Either of those should let you freely move the image.With In Front of Text, text will not move for the picture. The image will "float" in front of text. This is OK if you have some white space along the right hand side of an ingredient list with room for an image.Tight will cause the text to wrap around the image.
It works about the same on Windows - right click on the picture, click on "text wrapping" and then choose tight or in front of text... Thanks KAM! I struggled with this too but it was easy to figure out once I read this.

Hmm, I'm trying to upload the file but it says: Brownie Pan Recipes(April2012).doc:
Your file of 2.71 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype.What should I do?

Perhaps post a version here without pictures and offer to email copies with pictures...?

I started a new thread to share this, but thought I'd update this thread with the link to the finished product:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75187655/Brownie%20Pan%20Recipes%20%28April%202012%29.doc

1. How do I add pictures to my recipe?

To add pictures to your recipe, click on the "Add Image" button in the recipe editor. You can then upload an image from your computer or choose from our library of stock photos.

2. Can I adjust the size and placement of the pictures in my recipe?

Yes, you can resize and move the pictures in your recipe by clicking on them and using the resize and move handles. You can also adjust the alignment and add captions to your pictures.

3. How do I format my recipe to include bullet points or numbered lists?

To add bullet points or numbered lists to your recipe, use the formatting toolbar in the recipe editor. You can select the text you want to format and then click on the bullet or number button to apply the desired formatting.

4. Can I add links to external websites or sources in my recipe?

Yes, you can add links to external websites or sources in your recipe by selecting the text you want to link and clicking on the "Insert Link" button in the formatting toolbar. You can then enter the URL you want to link to.

5. How do I add additional instructions or notes to my recipe?

To add additional instructions or notes to your recipe, click on the "Add Text" button in the recipe editor. You can then type in your instructions or notes and use the formatting toolbar to customize the text.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • straitfan