• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Adding Humor Enhance Training Engagement?

In summary, Anne shared with me her "one liners", fun tricks, etc., that she uses to keep her shows entertaining and interesting. She also mentioned her county fair segment, which is where she measures 1 1/2 cups of water in her easy read cup then pour it into one of her clean bowls and ask some one to dry it with a microfiber towel. Another segment that she often does is her salad chopper segment, where she tells people that this awesome new product is "like kitchen shears on steroids". She also mentioned her love for the new salad chopper and how she often sells it. Lastly, she mentioned her "
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Hi all,

I just learned today that I will be doing a "quick demo" at a regional training for a large group of consultants. I consider myself a "funny" consultant and always love to keep my audience smiling. However, I want to freshen up my material for this training. Would you mind sharing with me your "one liners", fun tricks, etc., that you do to keep your shows entertaining and interesting?

Here's an example...

My nanny always told me to never trust a skinny cook, so you know you can trust me! :p etc., etc., etc.,......

I forget who posted this, but it has been awesome for me. Other consultants have probably heard some of these before, but it should give you some good ideas.

Anne, I think you forgot your attachment. :)

hmmm.... some I use:
I taste test my recipes. That's how I maintain my "girlish figure." (Said sarcastically, patting large Polish hips.)
The scraper collection are the Kitchen Baywatch: silicone on the top and skinny on the bottom. And they come in A, B, C and D cup sizes.

Duh! I guess I was just building excitement!

Attachments

• AddingHumorToYourShow.doc
    62 KB · Views: 529
I don't know if it fit what you are looking for, but I always give a lesson on how to pick fresh garlic. You want your garlic to look like you would like your man's underwear to look. Tight and white. This usually gets laughs and a few ewwws. Then I explain that fresh garlic should be tight in the skin and white, as it ages it drys out inside and the skin get loose and darkens. I like to think that I have ladies everywhere giggling in the produce section.

I also now to my county fair segment of my show. That is where I measure 1 1/2 cups of water in my easy read cup then pour it into one of my clean bowls and ask some one to dry it with a microfiber towel. I get requests for this when I don't do it.

HTH

ShanaSmith said:
I don't know if it fit what you are looking for, but I always give a lesson on how to pick fresh garlic. You want your garlic to look like you would like your man's underwear to look. Tight and white. This usually gets laughs and a few ewwws. Then I explain that fresh garlic should be tight in the skin and white, as it ages it drys out inside and the skin get loose and darkens. I like to think that I have ladies everywhere giggling in the produce section.

I also now to my county fair segment of my show. That is where I measure 1 1/2 cups of water in my easy read cup then pour it into one of my clean bowls and ask some one to dry it with a microfiber towel. I get requests for this when I don't do it.

HTH

This is awesome and EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Thankyou and please... keep them coming, the more the better!

AJPratt said:
Duh! I guess I was just building excitement!

THANKS ANNE!!!

Here are to documents I have. One I "created" by copying one liners from a thread that was done awhile ago, the other one I collected along the way, probably from here.

One of the ones I get the most laughs from:

I first talk about how growing up I had two special things at Granna and Papa's house. One was bananas on my rice krispies (talk about while usine Egg Slicer Plus). The other one was Little Debbie cakes. Didn't get those at home (dad was too cheap), only at Granna and Papa's house. I blame them for my life-long addiction to Little Debbies...and this is "Little" (pointing to one hip) and this is "Debbie" (pointing to the other) and they go with me wherever I go.

HTH...SIID!

Attachments

• one liners.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 532
  • one liners from chef success.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 457
I didn't get to read the attachments yet so hopefully this wasn't mentioned. If I'm at a show where I'm cooking something and I'm in another room, when the kitchen timer goes off (either on the table on which I'm working or clipped to me), I simply say "...because you can't take the oven with you" and disappear for a moment to the kitchen to pull out the food. It's a 2 second commercial and I sell quite a few timers.

one liner....I love the new salad chopper and if I show it, I sell it. I tell people that this awesome new product is "like kitchen shears on steroids".

I know this is a classic but for new-bies out there, for stoneware: "the worse it looks the better it cooks".

b

Ooh - I use this one all the time, esp. if the group is rowdy and they won't quiet down for me. I say, "What sex is this pepper?" - everyone's eyes usually are right on me and they all wait in silent suspense to find out what sex the pepper is!! ;-) (actually, just hearing me say the word "sex" is probably what makes them stop!)

thanks for sharing these!

Great thread... bump.

So, refresh me on the sex of a pepper. Which is three bumps, which is four?

--Jenny L

I heard one recently regarding the batter bowl. "with the batter bowl, you don't have to make armpit batters since you have the handle, you won't have to stick the bowl under your armpit to mix it up." It was something like that - you can figure out your own wording. I just loved that comment!

mpkegley said:
I heard one recently regarding the batter bowl. "with the batter bowl, you don't have to make armpit batters since you have the handle, you won't have to stick the bowl under your armpit to mix it up." It was something like that - you can figure out your own wording. I just loved that comment!
Eeeeuuuuwwww that's a good one though... :D

jlevernier said:
So, refresh me on the sex of a pepper. Which is three bumps, which is four?

--Jenny L

Just remember the guys always have an extra bump. ;)

How about "no more arm-pit cakes and pancakes" with our wonderful batter bowl with handle. Hummm got to work on that...

chefann said:
Anne, I think you forgot your attachment. :)

hmmm.... some I use:
I taste test my recipes. That's how I maintain my "girlish figure." (Said sarcastically, patting large Polish hips.)
The scraper collection are the Kitchen Baywatch: silicone on the top and skinny on the bottom. And they come in A, B, C and D cup sizes.

This is so funny! Thanks! The couple of crowds I have coming up in September will love this one.

chefann said:

A twist on this that me and a clustermate and my director came up with last weekend at a cook and book was "they come in, A, B, C, and Pamela Lee" That was too funny! Of course this one depends on your crowd, I had a few tonight that laughed at it and a few more that weren't a fan (It was a group of all 20s, except the host's mom... thought they would get a kick out of it; then afterwards realized that she knew most of the people through church or through the very conservative college she went to... oops... can't win them all :eek: )

What are some one liners for everyday cooking?

Some examples of one liners for everyday cooking include: "A watched pot never boils, but an unwatched one always does," "When in doubt, add more butter," and "The secret ingredient is always love."

Can you provide some one liners for baking?

Here are a few one liners for baking: "When life gives you lemons, make lemon bars," "A messy kitchen is a sign of a good baker," and "Baking is love made edible."

Do you have any one liners for grilling?

Some one liners for grilling are: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and start grilling," "Everything tastes better on the grill," and "No grill, no glory."

What are some one liners for healthy cooking?

Here are some one liners for healthy cooking: "Eat clean, stay lean," "Abs are made in the kitchen," and "Healthy food, happy mood."

Can you share some one liners for cooking with kids?

For cooking with kids, try these one liners: "Kids in the kitchen, chaos in the dining room," "A little flour, a little sugar, and a lot of love make the best memories," and "Cooking with kids is messy, but the memories are priceless."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefVee
  • jwpamp