• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

30-Minute Moroccan Chicken - Doesn't Have to Be Whole Bird

In summary, the recipe looked good, the chicken was cooked thoroughly, and it was an easy show to put together.
myinnerchef
Gold Member
I hate making the whole bird because there are four kids in my house who always fight over the two legs. So, the other day, I bought chicken parts in bulk and thought I'd try the 30-minute chicken with the parts. It was spectacular if I do say so myself. I used one of my crockpot recipes with some extra ingredients but next time I think I'll try just seasoning each piece and leave out the liquid.

Here's the recipe if someone is looking for something exotic:

Ingredients:
Whole chicken or parts
Two small onions
one can chicken broth
two lemons
garlic
1/2 cup dried plums
1 tsp each: ginger, cinnamon, cumin, coriander

Products used:
Deep covered baker
Ultimate mandoline
smooth-edge can opener
citrus press
garlic press
classic batter bowl
prep bowls (optional)
adjustable measuring spoons
whisk

Slice the onions into rings with the mandoline. Scatter the rings on the bottom of the covered baker.

Scatter the dried plums on the bottom of the covered baker.

Arrange chicken over the onions and plums.

Slice one of the lemons with the mandoline. Arrange slices over the chicken. Squeeze the other lemon with the citrus press into the batter bowl.

Using the garlic press, add garlic to taste (two to four cloves) into the batter bowl.

Measure spices into batter bowl using the adjustable measuring spoon or into a prep bowl if measuring in advance.

Measure two tablespoons of olive oil into the batter bowl using the adjustable measuring spoon.

Open chicken broth with the smooth edge can opener. Add to batter bowl and whisk to blend.

Pour mixture over the chicken.

Cover and cook in the microwave for 30 minutes. Serve with couscous.

That recipe looks great. I think I'll make it for my husband this weekend. I just got the Deep covered baker.

Perfect! I bought some split breasts....I will use them in my DCB! Should I still plan 30 mins in the microwave?

Jennifer~

How many breasts...how much does the package weigh?

hmm...good question! I think that I divided them up when I first bought them, since I only need to cook one portion at a time usually... I don't know! I guess I can just check it and cut in to it at like 20 mins to see first.....

I cooked four pounds of chicken breasts, which was six pieces and I cooked them in two layers. All were cooked thoroughly despite not being in a single layer. For a show, I would probably do all legs, so everyone could have one, maybe put potatoes and onions in the bottom to absorb some of the flavors and make a single dish meal.

Oooh this is good, because Bryan won't eat dark meat and it's not my favorite either...I'll have to give it a whirl!

I like this idea for a show....I am not good at carving a bird yet!!

I did a show where the host's husband had bought the chicken and he got dark quarters (legs and thighs still attached). We used 4 of them in the DCB with the HO 30-min recuipe. They were done in about 26 minutes.

Related to 30-Minute Moroccan Chicken - Doesn't Have to Be Whole Bird

1. Can I use chicken breast instead of a whole chicken?

Yes, you can use chicken breast for this recipe. Simply cut the chicken breast into cubes or strips before cooking.

2. How do I make this dish in 30 minutes?

The key to making this dish in 30 minutes is to use pre-cooked or canned chickpeas. This will cut down on the cooking time significantly. You can also prepare the ingredients and marinate the chicken ahead of time to save time.

3. Is this dish spicy?

The level of spice in this dish can be adjusted to your liking. If you prefer less spice, you can use less cayenne pepper or omit it entirely. You can also add more spice if you enjoy a spicier dish.

4. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use a different type of protein such as beef or shrimp for this dish. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the protein is fully cooked.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the marinade and chop the vegetables ahead of time. Then, when you are ready to cook, simply add the chicken and vegetables to the pan and cook for 30 minutes. This dish also reheats well, so you can make it ahead of time and reheat when ready to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies