• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Cherry/Olive Pitter Worth Adding to Your Kitchen Tools?

In summary, a cherry/olive pitter is a kitchen tool that helps remove pits from cherries and olives using a sharp metal rod or scoop mechanism. It saves time and effort, prevents mess and waste, and keeps the fruit intact. It can also be used for other small, round fruits with pits. There are different types of pitters available, including handheld, countertop, multiple pit ejector, and electric. To clean and maintain a pitter, it can be disassembled and washed with warm, soapy water, or may be dishwasher safe. It is important to remove any fruit residue or pits after each use and follow manufacturer's instructions for maintenance.
jenniferlynne
Does anyone have this? It is one of the few products that I don't have. I have a customer that wants it, but she's afraid it will smash the cherries. Any info anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

I've only used it on bing cherries... no smashing involved. ;) I love the thing!!

Maybe Amy can comment on this . . .I don't remember smashing the cherries but it was a little messy. Wear an apron or an old shirt and/or hold the pitter in the sink when in use -- I had a little juice flinging.

I've got it and use it. As long as the cherries are not over-ripe, they are simply pierced, not smushed. Even with the over-ripe cherries, there hasn't been any appreciable smush-age that I've seen.

And YES, protect your clothes AND do the pitting as low down into the sink as possible! I didn't and got a cherry-juice speckled shirt as my reward. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I knew I could count on you!! I will let her know!

I have this also. I have to agree about the splattering. I have also used this on Kalamata olives. Works like a charm.

It works GREEAT but YES wear an apron!!

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely vouch for the Cherry/Olive Pitter. I have personally used it and it is a game changer when it comes to pitting cherries and olives. It is very easy to use and does not smash the cherries at all. In fact, it removes the pits cleanly and efficiently. I highly recommend adding it to your kitchen tools, your customers will love it! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

Related to Is the Cherry/Olive Pitter Worth Adding to Your Kitchen Tools?

What is a cherry/olive pitter and how does it work?

A cherry/olive pitter is a kitchen tool designed to remove the pits from cherries and olives. It typically has a small metal rod with a sharp end that you push through the fruit, ejecting the pit through the other side. Some pitters also have a scoop or scoop-like mechanism to help remove the pit more easily.

What are the benefits of using a cherry/olive pitter?

The main benefit of using a cherry/olive pitter is that it saves time and effort when removing pits from these fruits. It also helps to prevent mess and waste, as pits can be difficult to remove by hand and can make a mess when squeezed out. Additionally, using a pitter allows you to keep the fruit intact and preserve its shape, making it easier to use in recipes or serve as a snack.

Can a cherry/olive pitter be used for other fruits?

While a cherry/olive pitter is specifically designed for cherries and olives, it can also be used for other small, round fruits with pits, such as plums and small apricots. However, it may not be as effective for larger or irregularly shaped fruits.

Are there different types of cherry/olive pitters?

Yes, there are several different types of cherry/olive pitters available. Some have a handheld design, while others are larger and can be attached to a countertop or table. Some pitters also have a multiple pit ejector, allowing you to remove several pits at once. Additionally, there are electric pitters that require less manual effort.

How do I clean and maintain my cherry/olive pitter?

Most cherry/olive pitters can be disassembled for easy cleaning. Wash the parts with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly before reassembling. Some pitters may also be dishwasher safe. It is important to remove any fruit residue or pits from the pitter after each use to prevent rusting or damage. Additionally, be sure to follow any specific maintenance instructions provided by the manufacturer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbondr
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefdoodle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • byrd1956