• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Shipping Taxable in Virginia for Catalog Shows?

In summary, shipping is taxable in Virginia under certain conditions. Items that are exempt from sales tax in Virginia, such as groceries and prescription medication, are also exempt from shipping tax. There are some exceptions to shipping tax in Virginia, such as when the seller offers free shipping and does not separately list the shipping charge on the invoice or receipt. Shipping tax in Virginia is calculated based on the total sales price of the item, including any shipping and handling charges. You do not need to pay shipping tax in Virginia if the item is being shipped to another state, but the recipient may be responsible for paying sales or use tax in their state.
ljeffries
I have a catalog show in Virginia, but don't know if shipping is taxable....anyone know?

ljeffries said:
I have a catalog show in Virginia, but don't know if shipping is taxable....anyone know?

yes it is!

:)

Thanks, Keith. I started to send you a PM. Glad you were on.
Food is taxable also, I assume?

Lamar - you can do a search by zip code on CC for tax - both on products and food items. Sometimes it varies by county, so I'd definitely check there.

Thanks...I am not sure of the address right now, but assumed it would be the same statewide.

food tax is 2.5% in VA, products 5%

ljeffries said:
Thanks...I am not sure of the address right now, but assumed it would be the same statewide.

Yep, statewide it's the same. 5% products, 2.5% food.

ljeffries said:
Thanks, Keith. I started to send you a PM. Glad you were on.
Food is taxable also, I assume?

I'm always on...it's summertime so I'm not working!

Now if only I were working my business like I should be......

Related to Is Shipping Taxable in Virginia for Catalog Shows?

1. Is shipping taxable in Virginia?

Yes, shipping is taxable in Virginia under certain conditions.

2. What items are exempt from shipping tax in Virginia?

Items that are exempt from sales tax in Virginia, such as groceries and prescription medication, are also exempt from shipping tax.

3. Are there any exceptions to shipping tax in Virginia?

Yes, there are some exceptions to shipping tax in Virginia, such as when the seller offers free shipping and does not separately list the shipping charge on the invoice or receipt.

4. How is shipping tax calculated in Virginia?

Shipping tax in Virginia is calculated based on the total sales price of the item, including any shipping and handling charges.

5. Do I need to pay shipping tax if I am shipping to another state?

No, you do not need to pay shipping tax in Virginia if the item is being shipped to another state. However, the recipient may be responsible for paying sales or use tax in their state.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• plannerose
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Mel92504
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Intrepid_Chef