• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Properly Warm Tortillas in a Micro-Cooker?

In summary, the best way to heat tortillas in the Micro-Cooker is to place them in a single layer, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 30 seconds. Frozen tortillas can also be cooked in the Micro-Cooker by microwaving for 1-2 minutes. The Micro-Cooker can hold up to 6 tortillas at a time. It is not suitable for making crispy tortillas, but it can be easily cleaned with warm, soapy water or in the dishwasher. Avoid using abrasive sponges or cleaners to prevent damage to the non-stick surface.
cwinter474
Gold Member
I thought I saw a post awhile back where someone said the cooked (or warmed) tortillas in the micro cooker?

I tried this, now I am microwave challanged remember, and made like rubber frisbee type discs. Which is probably a good thing because if I ever do figure this out I most likley weigh 300+ pounds in a matter of weeks tortillas being my weakness but, how do you do it???

anyone?

Are you talking about the soft shell ones? I just wrap mine in a paper towel and heat for 20-30 seconds if that is what you are talking about.

I did mine in the rice cooker the other night i put the pack in there then took a paper towel, got it wet, rung it out then left it crumpled in a ball then threw it in with the shells and put it in the microwave. I think I did a minute. It's just as easy to wrap them in damp paper towels and micro them. Either way works.

How long did you micro them? they don't need very long.

I have tried like 30 seconds to a minute, turning them over and such. Sprinkling them with water, using wet to damp paper towels etc....

Maybe I just need a new microwave

1. What is the best way to heat tortillas in the Micro-Cooker?

The best way to heat tortillas in the Micro-Cooker is to place them in a single layer, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 30 seconds. If they are not warm enough, you can microwave for an additional 10-15 seconds.

2. Can I use the Micro-Cooker to cook frozen tortillas?

Yes, you can cook frozen tortillas in the Micro-Cooker. Place them in a single layer, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until they are heated through.

3. How many tortillas can I heat at once in the Micro-Cooker?

The Micro-Cooker can hold up to 6 tortillas at a time. Make sure they are in a single layer and not overlapping for even heating.

4. Can I use the Micro-Cooker to make crispy tortillas?

No, the Micro-Cooker is not designed for making crispy tortillas. It is best used for heating and softening tortillas.

5. How do I clean the Micro-Cooker after using it for tortillas?

To clean the Micro-Cooker, simply wash it with warm, soapy water or place it in the top rack of your dishwasher. Avoid using abrasive sponges or cleaners, as they can damage the non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
shannonjennings
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jillbean