1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Too good to be true??

Tags:
  1. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

I got this weird request, and it came through via my website.
    It was from a lady wanting information. When I followed up via email she said that her consultant had died froms cancer and wanted to place an order with me (though we are thousands of miles apart, and an ocean).
    She wants to order about $300 worth of product and pay via cashier's check or money order. She said she doesn't have a credit card and is hard of hearing so cannot take phone calls.
    Has anyone else gotten anything like this.
    Here is a segment of her response:

Hello my name is Kelly I will like find some nice product that i will love to order from you .. I will have ordered them from my former pampered chef rep but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more i will love to make you my new Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order u have clearance of your money before processing the order. so let me know if my mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate credit card and i am an hearing impaired I would have love to call u back but u can keep texting me or email, i'll also tell my friends about you so that they also can patronize you.

Mar 18, 2013
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Run! This is a scam.

Mar 18, 2013
  3. KimoMakano

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is, what is sort of scary is that they contacted me via my PamperedChef.biz website.
    I guess i had better forward this to home office, not sure what they will do, but they should be aware.
    One of the things that triggered it is the really poor grammar.,

Mar 18, 2013
  4. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Yes- there's always some weird grammer, word usage, and puctuation.

Mar 18, 2013
  5. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

I non spreek Engrish so good, so save us all time please and just send me your credit card and social security numbers.

6. KimoMakano

Not really sure what you are implying here, that I am being discriminative because of my comment about the poor grammar?

Mar 18, 2013
  7. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

He's a prankster & just having fun. You didn't offend him. ;)

I agree, SPAM! I'd ignore them & not even respond.

Mar 19, 2013
  8. katem51

katem51 Member

I've had two very similar emails. Definite scam!

Mar 23, 2013
Have something to add?