• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theFood Chopper's Competition???

In summary, the Slap Chop looks like a cheaply made product that is not able to compete with our top of the line chopper. The Slap Chop has a 10 year warranty, but who says it will still be around in 10 years? The Slap Chop also has a $19.95 shipping fee which makes it more expensive than our food chopper.
jeninthekitchen5
Has anyone seen the new infomercial from the same guy who does the "Shamwow?" They are selling a similar version of our salad chopper, and while it doesn't look exactly the same, it still functions the same with the blades running all the way across like ours, comes apart for cleaning, comes with a (gulp) 10 year warranty, and of course, if you act now...you get a free grater too. BTW it's $19.95
Watch the infomercial and tell me what you think.
https://www.slapchop.com/ver6/index.asp
Jen

I've seen it. I love the name Slap Chop!

Well, what do you think about it, Keith? I hope guests don't think they are getting less product for more money with the PC version.

There will always be guests who think that. Does the Slap Chop have a 5 year guarantee?

10 year guarantee!!!

interesting... but!!! who says they are going to be around in 1, 5, 10 years when their product breaks and they need it replaced! Pampered Chef will be!

Good point Andrea!

What I thought was interesting was that I couldn't see the S&H charges until after I gave all of my personal info (incl. CC #) AND that if I wanted the "free" Graty - I would have to pay separate shipping on that too. I'm thinking once you pay all of the extra charges, it's probably not such a great deal anymore!

I was intrigued with what they did in the infomercial w/ the onion. I tried this with our food chopper and it works. You can leave the outside skins on and chop it and the outside skin doesn't chop, you can throw it out w/o getting onion under your fingers!!
I can't wait to demo this at shows!!

The Slap Chop looks dinky. I thank the guy for giving me such fabulous ways to promote a food chopper that is big enough to do the job.

i know! i love the salsa made with it! thank you little chopper for the great tips!

Well as posted earlier, the company may not be around either in 10 years. Isn't this one with the $19.95 shipping? Sure it's a great deal till you look at that shipping! That makes it more expensive that ours at that point!

$20 shipping???? thats a rip off!

Nope, from the web site:
Today you can get the Slap Chop for $19.95 plus $7.95 shipping and handling and as a special bonus you'll also receive the Graty for cheese, you just pay a separate $5.00 processing fee.
So if you get the slap chop you'll pay almost as much for it when shipping is added than you would for our food chopper, which also can be obtained FREE as a host and FREE with the new consultant kit. (Just pay $155 for the apron and everything else is free. ;) )The shipping probably adds up to almost $20 by the time you pay the separate shipping to get the "graty."

I remember now...it was those neat hangers that saved closet space... Two sets of 5 for only $15.95 then the shipping was $19.95. I told my DD we would go look at Walgreen's since they carry some of the "As Seen on TV" things...

I didn't see the whole informercial, but not only does it look dinky, but it looks SMALL..did you see that it only chops ONE strawberry and something else? I am not too worried about it, the prod is $20, plus w/ s&h...

I had to laugh when he said "you're gonna love my nuts"...I mean, couldn't he have something else scripted? LOL

That guy is all about getting the laughs ... with the Sham Wow thing he makes a big deal out of the fact that it's made in Gemmany and "those Germans always make great stuff."

DH said he wanted to order me the shamwow and I told him that's what I have the microfiber towels for!

I kinda like the graty. That's a good idea. But the chopper doesn't look very big. The onion thing is awesome!!!:thumbup:

I bought the graty thing (with a different name) at a fair several years ago...it was totally useless.

I wouldn't buy a vowel from the slimey jerk they have selling it!!! And we are afraid how we will come across??? He sounds like he would sell his grandmother if he could make a profit!!!

When they open up the chopper, it has no blade cover and it looks like a it was made very poorly. I'm thinking it is no competition what so ever!!

I'm making chicken and dumplings in my crockpot today and I needed to chop an onion so decided to do the SlapChop method. Our chopper is so good it chopped up the peel and I spent several minutes picking it out of the chopped onion! I will mention that little fact at my shows. SlapChop apparently is not as good as our Food Chopper! :D

someone also told me that you have to hold it down to clean the cutting mechanism. Ours is much easier to get to.I will say that we have the "smart lids" and my husband and daughter love to use them. I've saved a lot of money on plastic wrap plus we bought them at the store so no shipping.

chefsteph07 said:
I didn't see the whole informercial, but not only does it look dinky, but it looks SMALL..did you see that it only chops ONE strawberry and something else? I am not too worried about it, the prod is $20, plus w/ s&h...

I had to laugh when he said "you're gonna love my nuts"...I mean, couldn't he have something else scripted? LOL

heehee, I totally laughed when he said that!:p

Di_Can_Cook said:
Nope, from the web site:

So if you get the slap chop you'll pay almost as much for it when shipping is added than you would for our food chopper, which also can be obtained FREE as a host and FREE with the new consultant kit. (Just pay $155 for the apron and everything else is free. ;) )

The shipping probably adds up to almost $20 by the time you pay the separate shipping to get the "graty."

I used this at my show on Saturday and one of the ladies (she had a cold so I gave her a break) asked me if she 'had' to buy the apron. LOL

I like some of the things he's chopping- things I'm embarrassed to say I never thought of! I'll have to try with our's! - Eggs, tuna, pickles, garlic, salsa, cookie for ice cream,etc. Have to try these to see how well they work.I'm thinking- next time I demo, I should have a bunch of things available and just get 'slap happy' like he did! You'll sell a ton! I've had my FC for 10 yrs, but I never did those things! I used it for onions, carrots, nuts...that was about it! Recently started using it for chicken and a few other things. And that cheese grater- our Deluxe Cheese Grater can do that just as well, IMHO. You can put two chunks of cheese to get the multiple cheese effect. Besides- WALMART sells knock offs too. there will always be someone with something like what we have. Our Product Brand speaks for itself.

The design of the slap chop looks a little bit like our old version of the FC. It has a tiny little blade guard that is really hard to line up with the blades when you put it back together. I also don't remember hearing any mention of it being dishwasher safe like ours.

"you're gonna love my nuts".My husband and son, now me, laugh at this commercial every time. We all know they expected that from us.

rmoesw02 said:
The design of the slap chop looks a little bit like our old version of the FC. It has a tiny little blade guard that is really hard to line up with the blades when you put it back together. I also don't remember hearing any mention of it being dishwasher safe like ours.

I thought about the little blade thingy too. No where near as nice as ours. We had a hand me down one a few years back that the thing broke because it was so flimsy. Looked just like that one.

1. What makes the Pampered Chef Food Chopper stand out from its competitors?

The Pampered Chef Food Chopper is made with high-quality stainless steel blades that are sharp and durable, allowing for efficient and precise chopping. It also has a non-slip base and a comfortable handle for easy and safe use. Additionally, it has a large capacity and is dishwasher safe for convenience.

2. Can the Pampered Chef Food Chopper be used for different types of food?

Yes, the Food Chopper can chop a variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, and even cooked meats. It is also great for making dips, sauces, and salsas.

3. Is the Pampered Chef Food Chopper easy to clean?

Yes, the Food Chopper is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. It can also be disassembled for thorough cleaning. Just make sure to dry it completely before storing.

4. How does the Pampered Chef Food Chopper compare to other manual choppers?

The Food Chopper is designed with a unique plunger-style mechanism that makes chopping effortless and reduces strain on the hands. It also has a larger capacity and more blades than most manual choppers, allowing for quicker and more efficient chopping.

5. Can the Pampered Chef Food Chopper be used by both right- and left-handed individuals?

Yes, the Food Chopper is designed to be used comfortably by both right- and left-handed individuals. The plunger-style mechanism can be easily operated with either hand, and the handle is ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa/ChefBear