• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Megabus Service to NC: Tips for Transportation in Chicago

In summary, MegaBus is adding service from Des Moines and Iowa City, Iowa to Chicago starting in early May. Melissa has booked seats for three of them for National Conference (they get to Chicago on Monday 4 pm and leave Thursday at 5 pm). For those of you who have done MegaBus in the past, what do you suggest for transportation in Chicago? They are staying at the Hyatt, and I was told cab fare from Union Station to the hotel is under $10. They are thinking going directly to McCormick might be a bit cheaper (and then they can catch the shuttle bus to the hotel :)).
SpiritdancerIA
Gold Member
I found out last week that MegaBus is adding service from Des Moines and Iowa City, Iowa to Chicago starting in early May. I have booked seats for three of us for National Conference (we get to Chicago on Monday 4 pm and leave Thursday at 5 pm).

For those of you who have done MegaBus in the past, what do you suggest for transportation in Chicago? We're staying at the Hyatt, and I was told cab fare from Union Station to the hotel is under $10. I was thinking going directly to McCormick might be a bit cheaper (and then we can catch the shuttle bus to the hotel :)).

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

PS For those who haven't taken MegaBus before, our ticket price for 3 people was $12.50 - round trip! Definitely a cost savings over driving, as one night's parking in Chicago is at least twice that!

Melissa - I believe you will be closer to the hotels than McCormick when you get in to Chicago. So go to the hotel first. Also, if you have not done MegaBus before, go to their site and check out the luggage restrictions. We had a major problem two years ago with too many people bringing way to much luggage. It is a great way to travel. Very comfortable and you really can not beat that price!

Melissa, our group has a lot of people taking the bus out of dsm, it seems so much easier than driving out there! Looking forward to it!

If I go then I FOR SURE will be taking the Mega Bus. I can get trips there AND back for $5 each way, depending on my time of arrival and departure. I figure I'd probably roll into Chicago at 4:15 on Monday if I go this route. I could get there earlier but I think I'd have a hard time finding somebody to drop me off in Cleveland at 1 a.m. on a Sunday. Actually ... I think I'd talk to my cousin about staying with her on Saturday night, hearing her husband preach and having them drop me off in Chicago Sunday night or Monday morning, depending on who I stay with. Almost all the outbound seats are $5.Ditto for departure day ... an outbound seat at 4:15 p.m. on July 15 is $24 ... and good luck finding somebody to pick me up in Cleveland at midnight! I think I'd rather leave at 11:30 p.m. and have my roomie pick me up ... or first thing in the morning on Friday. I'm less than thrilled at the prospect of hanging out in downtown Chicago, luggage in tow, for hours and hours.

It'll be easier for you to go to the hotel first and drop your luggage in your room, then catch the shuttle to McCormick. It should only be a few bucks per person, especially if you cram 3 or 4 of you in a cab.

I just saw your post Ann and you jogged my brain to ask a question.
Last year was my first year at conference and it was basically a blur and I didnt pay attention - but do the shuttles run all day from the hotels (Hilton) to McCormick?
So if I arrived on Monday afternoon - I could go to the hotel and get a shuttle to McCormick at that time?

otisbg said:
I just saw your post Ann and you jogged my brain to ask a question.
Last year was my first year at conference and it was basically a blur and I didnt pay attention - but do the shuttles run all day from the hotels (Hilton) to McCormick?
So if I arrived on Monday afternoon - I could go to the hotel and get a shuttle to McCormick at that time?

Yes, the shuttles run all day from the Conference Hotels. There is usually a schedule posted someplace in the lobby, but they are pretty much continuous. I don't think I've ever waited more than 10 minutes.

Yep, the shuttles will run all day. During the actual conference days, the frequency slows down during workshops and general sessions. But they should run all day Monday, since that's the day that HO is pushing registration and the "bonus" activities.

What would I do without you all??????????:sing:

Our group is taking the megabus as well...out of Memphis...we will have a long car drive to get to memphis and then leave out of there at 11 pm...hoping to be able to sleep all the way to Chicago...arriving in Chicago at 8:45 am. I may spend Monday sleeping...lol

Just make sure your roommates are there to let you in the hotel -- and if you are all checking in together, check with your hotel about check-in times, they are sometimes in the afternoon.

We are taking the Mega Bus from Cleveland to Chicago - anyone else on this leg?

Is there anyone taking the Megabus from Kansas City out there? I want to, but don't want to travel by myself.

1. What is Megabus?

Megabus is a popular intercity bus service that offers affordable and convenient transportation to various cities in the United States and Canada.

2. How do I book a Megabus ticket to NC?

You can book a Megabus ticket to NC by visiting their official website or by using the Megabus mobile app. Simply select your desired departure and arrival locations, choose your travel dates and times, and complete the payment process.

3. What are the pick-up and drop-off locations for Megabus in NC?

The pick-up and drop-off locations for Megabus in NC vary depending on the specific route. You can check the Megabus website or app for the exact locations for your trip.

4. How early should I arrive at the Megabus stop?

It is recommended to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time to ensure a smooth boarding process. Megabus will not hold the bus for late arrivals.

5. Is there Wi-Fi on Megabus?

Yes, Megabus offers free Wi-Fi on all of their buses. However, the Wi-Fi signal may be weaker in certain areas during the trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • pchefkristin