• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tailgating Breakfast Burrito Recipe: A NASCAR Fan's Request

In summary, Paula is looking for a tried and true tailgaiting type recipe for a breakfast burrito, and her husband wants to do one that he saw a neighbor do last year. They cook the sausage and chirizo in a large skillet, add the eggs, and then everyone fixes their own cheese and salsa and sour cream. Paula says that if you fix them up ahead and leave off the sour cream they will be good.
ChefSharain
Does anyone have a tried and true tailgaiting type recipe for a breakfast burrito? We are traveling down to Homestead Florida for the Championship/End of season NASCAR race!!! Yes, I am a NASCAR nut!!

My hubby wants to do a breakfast burrito that he saw a neighbor tenter doing last year. They had them rolled in foil and just put em' on the grill. I was wondering about the shelf life etc...

I said I would put a "shout out" to my fellow cheffers in hopes of great ideas!!! Thank you for any input you may be able to offer.

Wahoo! Love Nascar too! Go Tony! Anyway, have a great breakfast burrito recipe but have never done it tailgating style, so not sure of the details there. But here is what we do when camping and other times.

1 lb. ground breakfast sausage (like Bob Evans)
1 lb. chirizo
1 dozen eggs
shredded cheese
flour tortillas
salsa and sour cream

Cook sausage and chirizo in large skillet, when it is cooked through, add eggs and cook through. (It won't look pretty but it's good!). Then we just have everyone fix their own the cheese and salsa and sour cream. I would think that if you fix them up ahead and leave off the sour cream and re-heat on the grill they would be good. They are the best breakfast burrito that I've had. Hmmm, now I want to go and make them! Have fun at your party!

Thank you, Paula! Sorry about Tony!!! lol.... Go Jimmie!!

OH no, not you too! My sister is a big Jimmie fan, so that's all we hear is Jimmie, Jimmie, Jimmie! We have to give her a hard time. Tony is going to have his year next year! (I hope!) (He just cracks me up!) :balloon:

My BIL is coming with us this year and he is a big Tony fan....I told him he should make a sign that says "Welcome Back Tony"! Gotta love a die hard Chevy fan.

I will wave to you from the stands next Sunday!

1. How do I make the Tailgating Breakfast Burrito Recipe?

To make the Tailgating Breakfast Burrito Recipe, you will need the following ingredients: 8 large eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 8 large flour tortillas, and your preferred breakfast meats such as cooked bacon, sausage, or ham. First, scramble the eggs and milk in a large skillet. Add in the chopped peppers and onions and continue to cook until the vegetables are softened. Add in your preferred breakfast meat and cook until heated through. Lay out the tortillas and divide the egg and vegetable mixture among them. Sprinkle with cheese and roll up tightly. Grill the burritos on a hot grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly browned and crispy. Serve hot and enjoy!

2. Can I make these burritos ahead of time?

Absolutely! You can assemble the burritos the night before and keep them in the fridge until ready to grill. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. You can also assemble and grill them ahead of time and then reheat on the grill or in the microwave before serving.

3. Can I customize the recipe to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, this recipe is very versatile and can be customized to fit your dietary needs. You can use dairy-free milk and cheese substitutes for a dairy-free option. You can also substitute the flour tortillas for gluten-free tortillas or use a lettuce wrap for a low-carb option. Additionally, you can choose your preferred breakfast meats or add in vegetables of your choice.

4. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8 burritos, so it can serve 8 people. However, the serving size may vary depending on how hungry your guests are and if you are serving any additional sides with the burritos.

5. Can I cook these burritos in the oven instead of on the grill?

Yes, you can bake these burritos in the oven if you don't have access to a grill. Preheat your oven to 375°F and place the assembled burritos on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are crispy and the filling is heated through. You can also broil for a few minutes at the end to get a crispy exterior. Just make sure to watch them closely to prevent burning.

Back