• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revive Your Merrill Stamp with Re-Inking: Tips for Dark, Legible Prints

In summary, there seems to be a trick to re-inking a stamp with refill ink. The instructions on the refill bottle are not very clear and can lead to messy situations if not followed properly. It is important to spread the ink evenly and wait longer than the suggested 15 minutes for it to fully spread throughout the stamp. Putting the drops around the stamp instead of all in one place can also help the ink spread quicker.
Tanoi
Is there a trick to doing this? I have added the 10 drops to each side as directed 3 times now and I have two circles where the print is nice and dark, but the rest of it is still pale and barely legible. Is there a trick on getting the ink to spread?

There's a limit to how much you put on?? I just inked it up really good and kept stamping!

First of all, where did you find the ink? I looked everywhere carting my stamp around asking at office max/ office depot/ wally world...I looked like a nut! I finally bought some that wasn't the "USE ONLY X BRAND" kind. I put a few drops on and smeared it around. Then because I was insecure, I added a few more drops and smeared that around. I think my stamp works now at the level it did when I first got it 18 months ago.

A real hassle...but it works

I just bought a refill from Merrill. Figured that it went with the stamps they ordered. To be honest, I thought it was a replacement pad not just a bottle of ink so I wasn't for sure when I ordered what I would be getting. Their bottle has no instructions on it at all!

Oh gosh, have I made a mess with mine! I didn't use the refill pack from Merrill and used one I got at Staples. I think I put WAY to much ink in it cause it's still leaking and it's been weeks since I re-filled it. Every time I use it I get ink on my hands now and the outer area of the actual stamped product is messy to. I think I reuined my stamp for good, that stinks! Should have read the directions I guess!

The refill ink is on the Merrill website. The "instructions" are the pictures on the tray that pulls out of the stamp itself. It says to do 10 drops in each hole and then to wait 15 minutes. I did that, stamped a few times thinking it would get it flowing, and I just have two round circular shapes of darker text and the rest is light. So I did the 10 drops again, waited 15 minutes, stamped a few times, and the same thing happened.

-----Ok, so I just tried it again, maybe 2.5 hours after I first applied the new ink, and it seems to have spread throughout the stamp. It is all even now. Guess you need to wait a lot longer than the 15 minutes the little picture implies that you do. Hope this helps someone else out!

If you put the drops around the stamp, instead of all in one place, it spreads out quicker. I haven't re-inked my Merrill stamp yet, but I re-ink my other stamps all the time.

Related to Revive Your Merrill Stamp with Re-Inking: Tips for Dark, Legible Prints

1. How do I know when my Merrill Stamp needs to be re-inked?

There are a few signs that indicate it's time to re-ink your Merrill Stamp. The impression may appear faint or incomplete, or the stamp may seem dry or clogged. If you notice any of these issues, it's probably time for a re-inking.

2. What type of ink should I use to re-ink my Merrill Stamp?

We recommend using our Pampered Chef branded ink for re-inking your Merrill Stamp. It is specifically formulated for our stamps and will ensure the best quality impression.

3. Can I use any type of ink to re-ink my Merrill Stamp?

While you can technically use any ink to re-ink your Merrill Stamp, we recommend using our Pampered Chef branded ink for the best results. Other types of ink may not work as well with our stamps and could potentially damage them.

4. How do I re-ink my Merrill Stamp?

Re-inking your Merrill Stamp is a simple process. First, remove the stamp from its housing. Then, gently press the stamp onto the ink pad a few times, making sure the entire surface is covered. Finally, replace the stamp in its housing and test it on a scrap piece of paper to ensure a clear and complete impression.

5. How often should I re-ink my Merrill Stamp?

The frequency of re-inking your Merrill Stamp will depend on how often you use it and how large your stamp impressions are. As a general rule, we recommend re-inking every 500-1000 impressions, or whenever you notice a decrease in the quality of the impression.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefamanda
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
  • PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • AlowayFamily