• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quality Bulk Meat/Poultry/Seafood?

heheI definitely think Costco is the best place to buy meat. They have a lot of different types of meat and it's always fresh. I also like that they have a foodsaver so you can freeze it for later.
susanr613
Gold Member
Good morning!

I'm buying a small chest freezer and am looking forward to being able to buy larger quantities of meat, poultry, and seafood. My local choices are Sam's Club, Costco, and Market Day.

Please give me your opinions on value and quality.

Thanks so much!

I think Costco has the BEST meat/chicken/seafood, etc....

They have organic/natural choices also - which I really like.

We buy most of our meat from the "butcher section" at Albertsons but when I need briskets or prime rib I buy them at Sams.
Funny thing, I never buy meat at any of the local Walmarts though we have 3 every 8 miles on the same stretch of highway. and they are all icky when it comes to produce and meat.I have a foodsaver & the new handi vac (prefer it) and always repackage it for longer freezer life

I used to work at Costco for 8 years. Everything there in the meat/produce/seafood etc is top of the line. I love their products!

Costco has the best meat for the price. All their beef is Choice grade. Market Day is $$$$$$$$$. I NEVER buy meat from them.

Our Walmart is HORRIBLE at meats, even frozen. Local grocery store and meat markets are much better.This year I bought 1/2 a grass fed cow...WONDERFUL meat!I would see if you have a local meat market and check out the prices of part of a pig, see if there are any semi-local farmers you could buy part of a cow from. Of course, we are kind of past butchering time...I do get some frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts in the bags from Sam's Club...

Looking like Costco is your best local choice - I'd watch for a sale and then stock up.

I love the convenience of the vacuum packed chicken I get at Costco. 6 pouches with 2 breasts each, and each pack can be separated along perferations to be used one at a time. I buy a pack, throw it in the freezer, and cut/tear out a pack when I need it.

I do CostcoRemember... you should plan on freezing meats (chicken included) NO LONGER than 3 months... the fibers break down after that and the meat will be lousy.

Yup - I buy at Costco, BJ's and always watch for sales - LOVE my foodsaver - a must if you buy in bulk to freeze - cuts down on freezer burn etc. Haven't tried the vacumn bags that ziploc came out with but am sure it is comparable -

We get all our chicken from Sam's and I will get Tilapia and Shrimp there too. My DH uncle is a butcher, so we get out beef and pork from him!

the verdict is....costco, with strong recommendations for a foodsaver! thank you all so much!!

I would check around your area for a quality butcher. We get all of our meat from our local butcher and it is soooooo much better then any of the grocery stores we have around here!! I almost cry everytime I have to go to the grocery store and buy meat when we are in between orders!! Good luck!

Costco is AWESOME for meat. I buy the big packages of ground beef and then divide it them up into small 1-1 and 1/2 lb. portions in ziploc baggies, then freeze them. It's definately the cheapest way to buy hamburgar and the quality is good too!

We buy our meat at our locally owned Grocery Stores b/c the only chain we have is Walmart and I HATE their meat.

We have no choices!

janetupnorth said:
This year I bought 1/2 a grass fed cow...WONDERFUL meat!

I would see if you have a local meat market and check out the prices of part of a pig, see if there are any semi-local farmers you could buy part of a cow from. Of course, we are kind of past butchering time...QUOTE]

I was just going to say that too!

The hubby and I bought 1/2 of a cow a friend of ours was butchering in Feb. It is THE BEST meat I have ever had. No additives, steriods, nothing.

We usually don't have to buy meat, because the hubby is a hunter and usually get 4-6 deer during hunting season. He wasn't able to go out hunting very much last year, so we had to end up buying beef. I prefer venison because it is leaner, but it is nice to have beef for a change. Maybe it tastes so much yummier to me because I am used to venison. :D

hmmm those are good points. i am not looped into the hunting scene, so venison is probably out of my reach. but, now you've given me an idea to see if the ex wants to share a half-cow. of course, he'd probably ask me to cook it for him LOL

elizabethfox said:
We usually don't have to buy meat, because the hubby is a hunter and usually get 4-6 deer during hunting season. He wasn't able to go out hunting very much last year, so we had to end up buying beef. I prefer venison because it is leaner, but it is nice to have beef for a change. Maybe it tastes so much yummier to me because I am used to venison. :D

I love deer on the grill (wrapped in bacon)or fried!

My FIL owns a Deer Processing House, so, we get it from him without having to go hunting. I do not like the deer-burger or deer-sausage though. I usually give it to my dad or friends.

jrstephens said:
I love deer on the grill (wrapped in bacon)or fried!

My FIL owns a Deer Processing House, so, we get it from him without having to go hunting. I do not like the deer-burger or deer-sausage though. I usually give it to my dad or friends.

I didn't like the venision burger either, so when we get ours processed, we have them mix beef in with the venision. Tastes good that way!

Back to non deer meat :). I've never tried costco, but I love the meat at Sam's Club. Pretty much buy all my meat there, unless it's on sale at my local store. Buying 1/2 a cow sounds great though!! And if I knew some hunters, I'd love the venison too :)

1. What makes Pampered Chef's bulk meat, poultry, and seafood high quality?

Our bulk meat, poultry, and seafood are sourced from trusted suppliers and undergo rigorous quality control processes to ensure they meet our high standards. We also use sustainable and ethical farming and fishing practices to provide our customers with top-notch products.

2. Is your bulk meat, poultry, and seafood fresh or frozen?

Our bulk meat, poultry, and seafood are all frozen to preserve their freshness, flavor, and nutrients. This also allows for easy storage and longer shelf life.

3. Can I purchase individual cuts of meat or do I have to buy in bulk?

While we primarily sell bulk quantities, we also offer a variety of individual cuts of meat, poultry, and seafood for purchase. You can find these options in our online store or through one of our independent consultants.

4. Are your products free from hormones and antibiotics?

Yes, all of our meat, poultry, and seafood are free from added hormones and antibiotics. We believe in providing our customers with natural and wholesome products.

5. How do I know if the bulk meat, poultry, and seafood are safe for consumption?

All of our products go through strict quality control processes and are inspected by the USDA. Additionally, we provide detailed cooking instructions and safety guidelines with our products to ensure they are prepared and consumed safely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedpsalmstress
Replies
Views
MamaChef
  • sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies