• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What impact did removing God from our country have on our society?

In summary, a father gives his daughter a torn map of the United States to put together while he reads a magazine. She quickly puts it together by matching it with a picture of Jesus on the other side of the paper. This leads to a discussion about the importance of God and Jesus in society, with one person expressing their desire for them to be put back where they belong and for others to be quiet. This sparks a debate about freedom of beliefs and the potential consequences of silencing others.
cwinter474
Gold Member
United States Map---Short but good!

A father wanted to read a magazine but was being bothered by his
little girl, Shelby. She wanted to know what the United States
looked like. Finally, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on
which was printed the map of the country. Tearing it into small
pieces, he gave it to Shelby and said, 'Go into the other room
and see if you can put this together. This will show you our
whole country today.' After a few minutes, Shelby returned and
handed him the map, correctly fitted and taped together. The
father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly.
'Oh,' she said, 'on the other side of the paper is a picture of
Jesus. When I got all of Jesus back where He belonged, then our
country just came together.'

AMEN!!!!

Great!! :)

I just thought this was so true. I am part of the 86% that wants God and Jesus put back where they belong. Why can't we all stand up and tell the other 14% to be quiet!?

cwinter474 said:
I just thought this was so true. I am part of the 86% that wants God and Jesus put back where they belong. Why can't we all stand up and tell the other 14% to be quiet!?

I totally agree with you on this one.

cwinter474 said:
Because negativity spreads numerous times faster than positive things. ...and look at weeds, how fast do bad weeds overtake the good?Besides, God has allowed Satan to be ruler of the earth for a time so he will be constantly pushing to get his way.However, I agree that people should start standing up for what is right. Time to get some morality back into society!

Last edited:
cwinter474 said:

Wow.
How about because people have a right to believe what they choose to believe?

OK, my PM box is fill up so fast with people that I have made furious. That I feel I should state that the 86%/14% part of my last post. Is strickly my opion, I am entitled to it as you are entitled to yours. I personally feel that when the goverment started taking God out of our schools, off of our goverment buildings and the such that this is when out country started going down hill.

I in no way entended to offend anyone on this board personally.

Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure no one believes your follow up comment was malicious and I appreciate your taking the PMs and comments in a positive way.

One of the challenges of this board is communicating one's faith and passions in a positive way, without putting down others.

Thank you -

Just an update, I have recieved two very nice PM's that almost made up for the others that wern't so nice. I was truely SHOCKED by the response that I recieved. There are a few other comments that I am choking back, because I am afraid it will start the feathers flying again, so I will leave it as is.

Thanks, you two for the nice supportive PM's

Sorry AGAIN to all of the rest of you.

Whenever you post something on a public message board, you need to be aware that there are others on that board who don't share your opinion. If you are not 100% sure that everyone will agree with what you post, then you should be prepared for comments that are contradictory to your own beliefs. If you live life with an open heart and an open mind, then this is not hard to do. ((HUGS)) and I understand the intent of your post, however, in this day and age, I'm still surprised that people are surprised when they ruffle feathers!! ;)

i'm sorry, but this goes way beyond a difference of opinion. cwinter originally posted/stated

"I am part of the 86% that wants God and Jesus put back where they belong. Why can't we all stand up and tell the other 14% to be quiet!?"

telling someone to be quiet is the same as excluding him or her from society and it can be a slippery slope towards much worse. let's for a moment take religion, social background, and ethnicity out of this.

men told women to be quiet, by law, in this country, until almost 1920, when the Constitution was amended giving women the right to vote. during the late 1800s and early 1900s, in the suffragette period, women were told by the leaders of this country to be quiet...and they were thrown into prison and tortured just for offering an stance which differed from our founding fathers.

women cheffers, look at your life today and all that you are able to do, if you choose to. imagine telling someone in 1908 that in 100 years, a woman would be running for president. it doesn't matter whether you agree with or like that individual....she is a she!

this board is richer for all of us sharing our experiences and anecdotes, practical, funny, sad, celebratory, and miraculous. it is poorer when other opinions are shut down or denigrated.

I'm done, I quit

No more post for me.

I have been yelled at. I have been made to feel like poopy, all because I posted what I thought a cute email. Then I made the mistake of thinking that I could voice my opion, I mean this is America and I thought we had freedom of speech. I guess we do as long as we don't offend anyone. I'm sorry but that is why......... nope, I am not going to go there, I will silence myself.

Last edited:
susanr613 said:
i'm sorry, but this goes way beyond a difference of opinion. cwinter originally posted/stated

"I am part of the 86% that wants God and Jesus put back where they belong. Why can't we all stand up and tell the other 14% to be quiet!?"

telling someone to be quiet is the same as excluding him or her from society and it can be a slippery slope towards much worse. let's for a moment take religion, social background, and ethnicity out of this.

men told women to be quiet, by law, in this country, until almost 1920, when the Constitution was amended giving women the right to vote. during the late 1800s and early 1900s, in the suffragette period, women were told by the leaders of this country to be quiet...and they were thrown into prison and tortured just for offering an stance which differed from our founding fathers.

women cheffers, look at your life today and all that you are able to do, if you choose to. imagine telling someone in 1908 that in 100 years, a woman would be running for president. it doesn't matter whether you agree with or like that individual....she is a she!

this board is richer for all of us sharing our experiences and anecdotes, practical, funny, sad, celebratory, and miraculous. it is poorer when other opinions are shut down or denigrated.

I agree completely. It had nothing to do with the ORIGINAL post. It was all about the "Why can't we all stand up and tell the other 14% to be quiet" part.
Go spen da few hours at the National Holocaust Museum and THEN tell me what you feel about silencing others...

We ALL have a right to our opinions, to our beliefs...but believing that others have no right to their beliefs??? That is a right nobody has.

Yes, YOU do have the right to your opinion and beliefs!!!!! So do I ..... but IN MY OPINION - as stated in my third post..... when the goverment started removing GOD from our schools and building and such, our country which was founded on Christian beliefs, started going down hill.

YES, YOU have the right to have your opinion and beliefs! - But so do I, and I think that - IN MY OPINION, removing GOD so that we don't offend people, offends ME and goes against my rights as an American and as a Christian.

People come to America, because of our rights and freedoms, they have for Centuries and I have no problem with that.

BY the way, I have been to the Holocaust Museum, and my high school term paper was on the Holocast. I was deeply moved and affected by the horriable conditions in which those people lived and died in. And haunted by the ways in which they were tortured. And by the way I have quite a few Jewish friends and have gone with them to worship.

I don't think that the 14% of people that I was talking about are JEWS. I think they are people of no faith at all. You know the whole 86% verses 14% are simply numbers that have been going around in emails for years. I personally don't even know have accurate they are. I guess yet another reason I shouldn't have said it.

This post is SO OUT OF CONTROL. And has been taking so out of context that I wish I had never posted.

What is the "OT - USA Map"?

The "OT - USA Map" is a versatile tool from Pampered Chef that helps you organize and plan your meals for the week. It is a magnetic dry erase board in the shape of the United States, with pre-printed sections for each day of the week and space to write down your menu for each day.

What are the dimensions of the "OT - USA Map"?

The "OT - USA Map" measures approximately 14 inches by 10 inches, making it the perfect size to fit on a fridge or any other magnetic surface in your kitchen.

Can I use any type of dry erase marker on the "OT - USA Map"?

Yes, you can use any dry erase marker on the "OT - USA Map". The board is made with a high-quality, non-porous material that allows for easy erasing and is compatible with all types of dry erase markers.

Is the "OT - USA Map" dishwasher safe?

No, the "OT - USA Map" is not dishwasher safe. To clean the board, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and dry it with a paper towel.

Can I use the "OT - USA Map" to plan meals for more than one week?

Yes, the "OT - USA Map" is designed to be reusable, so you can use it to plan meals for as many weeks as you'd like. Simply erase the previous week's menu and start fresh!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7