1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ok...I understand that it's fun for some folks to follow the mundane

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Ok...I understand that it's fun for some folks to follow the mundane details of lives on Twitter (i'm already too involved in sites like this and a few other blogs...I can't afford another time-waster :D)....but SERIOUSLY! Who wants to follow your local weatherman or Sweet Tomatoes (a restaurant chain) on Twitter?!! Do I really care?!

It cracks me up how many business are getting on those sites now.

May 18, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Re: Twitter-me-crazy!?

I thought the same thing. I like you, Bobbi, but I really don't care what you had for breakfast, where you're eating lunch, or when you go to the bathroom (ick!).

May 18, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Thank you!! I agree! It's bad enough what people learn about me as it is. :D I just can't help but think about how permanent some of this information is once it's on the internet.

May 18, 2009
  4. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I recently started it, it's driving me nuts LOL! toooooo many texts!

May 18, 2009
  5. chefshawna

chefshawna Advanced Member Gold Member

O.k., I signed up for an account just to see what all the hype was about, now I can't figure out how to close it!! I keep getting people I don't know following me, following me do what, I haven't even updated once!!! I thought it was more like facebook where you have to approve people to see your stuff, but I don't think it is. I am definitely not a twitterer! lol

May 18, 2009
  6. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I agree and so does the sweet female DJ on my radio station. Her male DJ couterpart was playing devils advocate with the whole twitter discussion and she was trying to use it in a sentance:
    I twitter, I tweeted, I twat? LOL then she freaked out because of the last word. It was so cute, I could feel the heat from her blush. LOL

I'm sorry, but twittering, or whatever, is just TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!

7. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I am too long winded to fit only 140 spaces so it sounds like it is a waste of time. And now that you have all filled me in on the content...sounds like am not missing a thing! I think it is just fun to say twitter, tweet and tweeter!!!:balloon:

May 19, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You've seen my posts. Can you imagine me keeping it to 140 characters? No way.

May 19, 2009
  9. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Yeah, our work is toying with it...Facebook I do, since I've been there for over 3 years at least...Twitter...nope!

First, I pay for text messages so I don't get/use them at all.

Second, the sun is shining...I want to enjoy life!

May 19, 2009
Have something to add?