• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Was Natasha Richardson and What Tragic Event Took Her Life?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the tragic death of actress Natasha Richardson, who passed away at the age of 45 after a seemingly minor accident on the slopes. She was a beloved actress, wife to Liam Neeson, and mother of two young children. Her sudden death was a shock and left many feeling sad and heartbroken. Despite her passing, her legacy as a brilliant actress and kind person lives on. There is also a discussion about the importance of organ donation and how it can save lives.
susanr613
Gold Member
What a shame...a seemingly minor accident on the slopes and within a day she's gone.

Natasha Richardson was Vanessa Redgrave's daughter, Liam Neeson's wife, and a critically acclaimed, award-winning actress. She left behind two younger children. She was 45 years old.

That makes me so sad. We loved her in the Parent Trap. It's scary that something as simple as the bunny slopes can cause such damage...

Loved her in Maid In Manhattan, too. What a tragedy for her family to endure. At least they were able to get to her side before she passed, whatever small consolation that may provide.

So sad. She was brilliant.

I loved to watch her. She will be missed.

I logged on before my conference call and saw the saw news. She was a great actress.

This is so sad... so tragic. I just saw her on Top Chef recently and she looked so full of life. I am so sad for her boys -- they are still so young...

Yes, this is so sad. I too feel so sorry for her family and children.

I don't think that I ever saw her in a movie - but as a mom, my heart aches for her 12 & 13 yr old sons and her husband. Tragic.

I'm so saddened by this news - been watching the tv off and on all day waiting to hear. I can't believe her children and husband have to go on without her. I loved her in The Parent Trap. Many prayers to her family at this terribly sad time.

She was a great person, on and off the screen. She was brilliant in "Nell". That was when I first heard of her.

She had the most beautiful smile. It would light up the room!

What a loss. My favorite movie of hers is a little known one from early in her career called "The Handmaids Tale". Loved "Nell". My heart aches for the family...

I saw this, and saw a picture of her, but just can't picture her parts in my mind in any of these movies.

I wonder if Nell is how her and Liam Neeson got together, or if it was before that. he is one of my favorite actors, I just wish I could picture her in one of her parts.

This is sooo tragic! My heart is sooo sad for that poor family, especially the boys!! They're soo young to loose their Mother! I can't imagine!! What a crazy accident!? She was such a GREAT actress and seemed like a truly amazing person! Sooo sad!!

Very Sad - my heart goes out to the boys, Liam and her family.........

Nell is indeed where Liam and Natasha met.

I was totally flabergasted! It seems so wierd that she could pass from a simple fall. I heard on one of the news reports that there is something called "Talk and Die Syndrom" which I guess is quite common. Seemingly simple bumps to the head that turn out to be fatal because even a small amount of damage to the brain can cause terrible effects. That is one reason it is so important to watch anyone who has fallen and hit their head. Even if they get up right away, they should be checked out immediately. It is such a shame too as she was really good at her craft. I feel so bad for her family.

Feel sad for her family. Sure hope they donated her organs! This would be an awesome opportunity for them to help others keep their loved ones AND educate the world on organ donation.

chefjeanine said:
Feel sad for her family. Sure hope they donated her organs! This would be an awesome opportunity for them to help others keep their loved ones AND educate the world on organ donation.

Great point!

Our local fire station has this message on their marquee this week:
"What's in your wallet? Make it a signed organ donation card!"

i totally agree with Deb and Jeanine - i have had an organ donation card or it marked on my driver's license for years. you can help so many people.

Liam Neeson met his wife on Broadway, when she was still married to Robert Fox.

What happened to Natasha Richardson?

Natasha Richardson, a British actress known for her work in film, television, and theater, passed away on March 18, 2009 due to a traumatic brain injury sustained from a skiing accident in Quebec, Canada.

How old was Natasha Richardson when she died?

Natasha Richardson was 45 years old when she passed away.

What was Natasha Richardson's cause of death?

Natasha Richardson's cause of death was determined to be a epidural hematoma, a type of bleeding in the brain, caused by a fall during a skiing lesson.

Was Natasha Richardson married?

Yes, Natasha Richardson was married to fellow actor Liam Neeson. They were married for 15 years and had two sons together.

What were some of Natasha Richardson's notable roles?

Natasha Richardson had a successful career in both film and theater. Some of her notable roles include her Tony Award-winning performance in the Broadway revival of "Cabaret," her role in the film "The Parent Trap," and her portrayal of Mary Shelley in "Gothic."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • ChefEsther
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
ChefEsther
Back