1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Natasha Richardson is gone

1. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

What a shame...a seemingly minor accident on the slopes and within a day she's gone.

Natasha Richardson was Vanessa Redgrave's daughter, Liam Neeson's wife, and a critically acclaimed, award-winning actress. She left behind two younger children. She was 45 years old.

Mar 18, 2009
  2. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

That makes me so sad. We loved her in the Parent Trap. It's scary that something as simple as the bunny slopes can cause such damage...

Mar 18, 2009
  3. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

Loved her in Maid In Manhattan, too. What a tragedy for her family to endure. At least they were able to get to her side before she passed, whatever small consolation that may provide.

Mar 18, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

So sad. She was brilliant.

Mar 18, 2009
  5. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

I loved to watch her. She will be missed.

Mar 18, 2009
  6. noelskitchen

noelskitchen Member

I logged on before my conference call and saw the saw news. She was a great actress.

Mar 18, 2009
  7. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

This is so sad... so tragic. I just saw her on Top Chef recently and she looked so full of life. I am so sad for her boys -- they are still so young...

Mar 18, 2009
  8. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Yes, this is so sad. I too feel so sorry for her family and children.

9. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I don't think that I ever saw her in a movie - but as a mom, my heart aches for her 12 & 13 yr old sons and her husband. Tragic.

Mar 18, 2009
  10. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm so saddened by this news - been watching the tv off and on all day waiting to hear. I can't believe her children and husband have to go on without her. I loved her in The Parent Trap. Many prayers to her family at this terribly sad time.

Mar 18, 2009
  11. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

She was a great person, on and off the screen. She was brilliant in "Nell". That was when I first heard of her.

She had the most beautiful smile. It would light up the room!

12. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

very sad :(

13. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

What a loss. My favorite movie of hers is a little known one from early in her career called "The Handmaids Tale". Loved "Nell". My heart aches for the family...

Mar 19, 2009
  14. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

I saw this, and saw a picture of her, but just can't picture her parts in my mind in any of these movies.

I wonder if Nell is how her and Liam Neeson got together, or if it was before that. he is one of my favorite actors, I just wish I could picture her in one of her parts.

Mar 19, 2009
  15. PCCHeather0506

PCCHeather0506 Member Silver Member

This is sooo tragic! My heart is sooo sad for that poor family, especially the boys!! They're soo young to loose their Mother! I can't imagine!! What a crazy accident!? She was such a GREAT actress and seemed like a truly amazing person! Sooo sad!!

16. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

Very Sad - my heart goes out to the boys, Liam and her family.........

Mar 19, 2009
  17. lestat_de_leon

lestat_de_leon Novice Member

Nell is indeed where Liam and Natasha met.

18. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

I was totally flabergasted! It seems so wierd that she could pass from a simple fall. I heard on one of the news reports that there is something called "Talk and Die Syndrom" which I guess is quite common. Seemingly simple bumps to the head that turn out to be fatal because even a small amount of damage to the brain can cause terrible effects. That is one reason it is so important to watch anyone who has fallen and hit their head. Even if they get up right away, they should be checked out immediately. It is such a shame too as she was really good at her craft. I feel so bad for her family.

Mar 19, 2009
  19. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

Feel sad for her family. Sure hope they donated her organs! This would be an awesome opportunity for them to help others keep their loved ones AND educate the world on organ donation.

Mar 19, 2009
  20. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Great point!

Our local fire station has this message on their marquee this week:
    "What's in your wallet? Make it a signed organ donation card!"

Mar 19, 2009
  21. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

i totally agree with Deb and Jeanine - i have had an organ donation card or it marked on my driver's license for years. you can help so many people.

Mar 19, 2009
  22. myinnerchef

myinnerchef Member Gold Member

Liam Neeson met his wife on Broadway, when she was still married to Robert Fox.

Mar 19, 2009
Have something to add?